Lash

Wed 28 Oct, 2015 05:14 pm
@ehBeth,
BRILLIANT!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 28 Oct, 2015 05:59 pm
@McGentrix,
I was talking to Bob. There's no point talking to you.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Wed 28 Oct, 2015 07:39 pm
snood

Wed 28 Oct, 2015 07:48 pm
@hawkeye10,
So are you going to keep the "Vote Trump" banner when January gets here and he is a silly memory?
hawkeye10

Wed 28 Oct, 2015 08:04 pm
@snood,
I think I have said three or four times that if Trump drops out or I find out that he is not serious about wanting the job then I most likely will become a Sanders supporter.
ohioboy24

Wed 28 Oct, 2015 09:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
I don’t agree with this being right at all. How it is right that Icahn can form a Super PAC, and donate more money in the world than anyone could just to stop inversions? Yes, inversions need to be stopped, but is forming a Super PAC, donating over 150 million dollars, and electing someone off of just one issue the correct way to stop inversions? No. Trump stopping inversions is one of the few logical things in his entire plan so far. And in America, there are many other issues that are higher on the priority list than inversions. Also keep in mind that while his economic ideas plan to tax companies with headquarters overseas will stop inversions, it will not bring back jobs to the United States like he says it will. Yes the corporations will be taxed but that will not change anything with the factories overseas. And let’s not forget Trumps outrageous immigration ideas, which include trying to make Mexico pay for our border and freezing immigration legally and illegally. Another point is Trump’s foreign policy, and the way he deals with other countries. His outlandish and rude comments about Mexico have already led to piñatas of Trump being sold all over Mexico. Trump is not fit to lead a country.
I pulled some info from Joe Nocera’s “Is Donald Trump Serious?”, from the New York Times, Linda Chavez’s “Donald Trump’s America”, from Commentary Magazine, and “The Trump Plan” by National Review incase anyone was wondering, because I know Trump’s ideas are hard to believe.
snood

Wed 28 Oct, 2015 09:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I think I have said three or four times that if Trump drops out or I find out that he is not serious about wanting the job then I most likely will become a Sanders supporter.

Yeah, ...Trump - Sanders... Six of one, half dozen of the other. You are really one mixed up dude.
hawkeye10

Wed 28 Oct, 2015 09:12 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Yeah, ...Trump - Sanders... Six of one, half dozen of the other. You are really one mixed up dude.

Either that or you dont understand me. You should go with that. You are overly emotional, thick headed, you seem to live a sheltered life, you are prone to think the worst of people who dont agree with you, and while you try you dont show very much understanding of current events.

Dude, you dont operate at my level. Dont try to understand me because you cant, just stop assuming that the reason is that I suck.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Wed 28 Oct, 2015 09:15 pm
@ohioboy24,
ohioboy24 wrote:

His outlandish and rude comments about Mexico have already led to piñatas of Trump being sold all over Mexico.

Look at the Trump man! Making jobs in Mexico like a boss!
hawkeye10

Wed 28 Oct, 2015 09:16 pm
@McGentrix,
And he closed like a champ tonight, pointing out that he demanded that the debate be shortened. It should have been cancelled, CNBC did not even try.
0 Replies

danny260

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 12:29 pm
Donald Trump is clearly the most disliked of all the presidential candidates, yet the most intimidating. It starts with his "I don't care what you think about me" attitude and his discriminatory comments on Mexicans coming into the United States. According to McCutcheon, such comments have resulted in a big loss of support of the youth of today's voting class, whose age range composes of 20-35 years of age. 75 million people make up this population and it is the biggest group of all voters for candidates to target. Trump lost about 70% of favorability from these voters after those racial comments. Furthermore, roughly 15 corporations who cut business relations with him have also greatly affected Trump’s campaign, according to Santucci and Kelly (see links below). When people see that corporations like ESPN, NASCAR, and Macy’s are cutting ties with Trump, which is going to cause them to not support him either. Also, Trump's mass deportation plan has not been helping him either. He wants to deport 11 million of illegal immigrants, who are currently in the United States, many of whom have established roots and have children in the United States today. To prevent immigrants from crossing the border, he wants to build a wall along the border of the United States and Mexico, but have Mexico pay for it. Does he really think such a foolish plan is going to work? Speaking of plans, with his crazy policy plan proposals, which include trying to cut corporate taxes from 35% to 15%, many people have trouble taking them seriously because they are said to be highly unlikely to be implemented, no matter who would be in office. According to Linda Chavez, a Republican and American author and analyst, Trump is a liar. His proposals on immigration are based on lies “that promote ideas noxious to conservatives and imperil the legacy of the Republican Party.” Also, if Trump did get elected, she commented that our nation would become “a nation in decline, invaded by foreign criminals and welfare scammers, competing in a world where the rules are stacked against us and where our competitors in China, Mexico, India, and elsewhere are fleecing us.” Not to mention, Trump would have to get the American people to stand for it. Although the majority of the American people have now officially realized that Trump is a legit candidate, there still is doubt in whether or not he can be trusted. The legitimization of Trump’s campaign is due solely to the fact that, in my opinion, he has decided to stay in the race. That is the only reason why people see him as legit. He is willing to keep on going because he can afford it and doesn’t care what anyone thinks of him. People look up to him because of his business background, wealth, and inspiring campaign slogans. One key thing that people see in Trump is how different he is from past presidents. Everything about him is different – his attitude, carelessness, wealth, and background. The reality here is clear; Trump’s ridiculous policy plans, his racism and overall attitude towards other candidates and some American citizens outweighs any positive aspect of his campaign.

http://library.cqpress.com/cqresearcher/document.php?id=cqresrre2015100200&type=hitlist&num=

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/companies-dumped-donald-trump/story?id=32162703

http://eds.a.ebscohost.com/ehost/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?sid=0794e7e7-052d-42a5-862b-1becde20aa30%40sessionmgr4001&vid=2&hid=4210
McGentrix

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 01:32 pm
@danny260,
So are you going to vote for him then? It isn't quite clear from your post.
hawkeye10

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 01:57 pm
Quote:
With Trump slipping in the polls in Iowa and nationally, the moderators and the other candidates paid him scant attention. Trump, meanwhile, held back, exercising a restraint that befits a besieged front-runner but that also raises questions about his ability to defend a lead that he had maintained by keeping himself at the center of the conversation.
Trump said he welcomed his smaller role in the third debate. “I think that’s an asset. Not a liability,” he told POLITCO after the debate. Trump said he believes the moderators backed off of him after he took issue with CNBC moderator John Harwood, who asked him if he was running “the comic book version of a presidential campaign.”
“I was honored by that,” Trump told POLITICO of the diminished attention.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/debate-donald-trump-shrinkage-2016-215333#ixzz3pzLVbZJf

Trump has been very clear that he is transitioning the Trump 2016 brand from ragging outsider to a man fit for the job. It does not exactly shock me to see "journalists" not getting this, and not understanding that he has to do this to get elected. He will most likely give off fireworks if attacked, at least for now, but putting on a good firey show at the end of October 2015 is not the goal, getting the most votes in November 2016 is.

Quote:
Haynes saw Trump’s restraint as “a reflection of his maturity and the ever growing sense that he might actually be able to win.”
“Trump was steady. He wasn't his usual spectacularly interesting and divisive self. He felt like a front-runner, playing to survive and advance,” said Haynes, “He's more cautious, mitigating risks and consolidating his base.”
Trump also maintained sizable leads in the unscientific online reader polls he has cited after each of the two previous debates, winning in surveys conducted by CNBC, Slate and the Drudge Report.
An hour after the debate’s conclusion, Trump tweeted, “Thanks everyone, they all said I won the debate.”

YEP. Rubio was good too.

Now it is down to Trump, Carson, Rubio, Cruz or Rubio. Some people think maybe Christie is still in this but I dont think he ever was.
danny260

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 02:00 pm
@McGentrix,
Trump is a complicated man. What I am trying to get across is that, like all candidates, Trump has good and bad sides to his campaign. After yesterday's debate, I am starting to believe in him a little more. Also, the way that he talked to the veteran made me feel that he was truly meaning all he said. I am going to remain neutral until this campaign keeps developing. Fair?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 02:19 pm
@hawkeye10,
Speaking of Christie:

Quote:
In a scathing critique of the Republican presidential candidate, the New York Times calls on Chris Christie to exit the race. Stat.

"The point is that New Jersey is in trouble, and the governor is off pursuing a presidential run that's turned out to be nothing more than a vanity project," the editorial board wrote. "Mr. Christie's numbers are in the basement, and he's nearly out of campaign cash. This is his moment, all right: to go home and use the year left in his term to clean out the barn, as Speaker John Boehner would say."

The editorial comes the day after the third Republican debate where Christie is widely considered to have had a good debate performance, but he is struggling with low poll numbers in the crowded field. The NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released earlier this month showed Christie receiving just 1 percent support.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/ny-times-calls-christie-drop-out-presidential-race-n453991

They are making the same point that I have been making for over a year, namely that he does not have a chance so why is he in this thing? Vanity seems like the right answer.
hawkeye10

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 02:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Carson and Trump cruised in this debate. Trump, and let's give him credit, was brilliant to demand (along with Carson) the shorter debate. Shorter debates favor the less-skilled debaters. Trump? Carson? You can't catch them if you don't trap them on one subject at a time, hold them still and make them answer in detail. But there's no way to do that in a ten-person, two-hour, poorly moderated debate.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/29/opinions/graham-gop-debate/index.html

Bingo! These dabates need to get down to 6 or at most 7 people. Given that my count has only 4 with a chance of winning this should be doable. And +1 for trump negotiating to his advantage, I would love to have him negotiating to the nations advantage.

But the main thing is that there already exists a broad dismissal and hostility towards the corporate press in America, these bozos need to understand this and not encourage it with performances like CNBC gave last night. They had better people who could have been running the debate, and there was clearly no management of the people they did use. This was more of what we saw with Rolling Stone. the " journalists" being given marching orders to create noise, that neither truth nor journalism is what is wanted.

And the corporate press wonders why they have lost much of American, and why they are losing more everyday? What idiots they are.
hawkeye10

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 03:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Trump toned down his game and it worked well. He’s no longer an insult artist, the Don Rickles of the campaign. He almost seemed presidential. Trump seems to have an intuitive sense of how to reshape his candidacy. He’s improved how he handles himself.

https://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/big-loser-cnbc_1055089.html

BINGO AGAIN!
hawkeye10

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 04:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
That said, there has never been a tantrum quite like the one the ensued when the pompadoured, potty-mouthed billionair shot to the top of the Republican polls without being a republican in any meaningful sense, and without possessing political experience in any sense at all, and without saying anything coherent or even intelligible, and without having any chance of winning the presidency.

Nathan Rauch november Atlantic page 21

wow. Way to prove that you dont get it. This is a revolution against the elite not a tantrum is the first thing. The next thing is that a lot of people in America understand Trump just fine, and we agree with him and we support him. Next, you dont get to be Donald Trump without playing politics both in boardrooms and when dealing with government. Last, dont assume that he cant win. If he wins the R primary then he is going against the war weary, the unlikeable, the untrustworthy,the elitist cocoon encased, the horrible politician Hillary Clinton. She will be easy to beat. Who does he need to beat still on the R side? Carson the far right whack job. Cruz another far right whack job this one also a primary driver of the current crappola in Washington. And Rubino. This is doable.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 29 Oct, 2015 07:28 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I most likely will become a Sanders supporter.

Lash

Fri 30 Oct, 2015 05:03 am
@hawkeye10,
Awesome! Can't wait to welcome you to the revolution.
0 Replies