hawkeye10

Wed 16 Sep, 2015 04:38 pm
@RABEL222,
Much more likely is that you are an out of touch old man who rarely leaves his apartment and ain't too great at learning from the internet either.
RABEL222

Wed 16 Sep, 2015 11:47 pm
@snood,
Sorry Snood. How about I give myself 40 lashes with a wet noodle? Ill have to do it in two sessions. I tire easily
0 Replies

RABEL222

Wed 16 Sep, 2015 11:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
Coming from a lying jerk like you who by the way has never met me, that would be considered libel. I leave the house every day and have coffee with a bunch of real conservatives who know what they are talking about. Never once have I had to correct them about ww2, or vietnaum or Bush because we lived through that shyt and dont have to make up bullshyt like you and some others on this site.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 17 Sep, 2015 04:40 am
http://www.creators.com/editorial_cartoons/20/33137_thumb.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 17 Sep, 2015 05:04 am
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/ZygliA/2015/ZygliA20150916A_low.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 19 Sep, 2015 06:09 pm
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/09/trump-is-an-outrage-candidate-for-good-times.html#

Quote:
It is true that Trump’s platform is populist in all its particulars (the angry opposition to immigration, the anti-vaccine hysteria, the well-chosen opposition to hedge-funders), but it’s a strange kind of populism, entirely detached from cultural identity. Really, it’s detached from any specificity at all. It isn’t a Christian populism derived from fear of secular society, nor a regional populism animated by hatred of Washington or New York.

It isn’t even really an anti-elite populism.

Trump’s pledge, remarkably modest, is simply to replace one terrible set of elites with another, amazing one.

like keeps to like

Trump sticks with his special elite Smile

Quote:
Trump is a candidate of fury in a time when, relatively speaking, no one in his base really has it too bad.
hawkeye10

Sat 19 Sep, 2015 06:38 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Trump’s pledge, remarkably modest, is simply to replace one terrible set of elites with another, amazing one.

Trumps pledge is to supply some good managerial discipline to the elite, which given how poor their reputation is now is a winner.

The elite as usual are found not knowing their ass from a hole in the ground.
0 Replies

revelette2

Sun 20 Sep, 2015 06:03 am
@RABEL222,
I'm impressed, you seem active and very alert for your age. It is a blessing, I think.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 20 Sep, 2015 08:58 am
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 20 Sep, 2015 09:01 am
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Tue 22 Sep, 2015 05:37 am
Quote:
"The two of them have a lot in common, actually," Fiorina said, comparing Trump and Russian President Valdimir Putin after criticizing Trump's openness to meet with the foreign leader.

http://www.people.com/article/carly-fiorina-compares-donald-trump-vladimir-putin-tonight-show

Supposed to be a negative I am sure. But is it? I have not seen any polling on what we think of Putin generally. I know what the elite think, but they are a very tiny minority.
izzythepush

Tue 22 Sep, 2015 05:50 am
@hawkeye10,
You don't know what the 'elite' think. You don't know who the elite are. The only people who accept your definitions of anything are other bloody idiots like you.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 03:06 pm
Quote:
But as soon as Trump appeared, the sharp, satirical Colbert seemed to vanish, leaving in his place a respectful and contrite interviewer. What followed was a volley of mainly softball questions, more suitable coming from a fanboy rather than a supposedly edgy interviewer.

As Tim Teeman noted in The Daily Beast, "It felt like a first date, rather than a gladiatorial encounter."

One of the strangest moments came when Colbert publicly apologized to Trump (yes, you read that correctly) "because I've said a few things about you over the years that are in polite company unforgivable," Colbert said. "... I hope you'll accept my apology. ... Is there anybody you would like to apologize to yourself?"

Trump declined.

The way that this setup collapsed was reminiscent of how Trump refused to apologize to Jeb Bush during the last debate for insulting Bush's wife. In both instances, it was Trump who managed to appear in control.

We know that Colbert is capable of putting politicians on the hot seat from his years of skewering lawmakers (as his alter ego) on "The Colbert Report." More recently he has done insightful, newsworthy interviews with Joe Biden and Ted Cruz. So it makes no sense that Colbert would apologize to the man who has insulted Mexicans, immigrants, women, TV anchors and his fellow candidates.

Rather than pushing Trump to explain his bigotry and misogyny, Colbert treated him deferentially, further legitimizing a candidate who has imported nativist, hateful views into the political mainstream

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/23/opinions/reyes-trump-colbert/index.html

Well, there are only two ways to go here, either Colbert sucked or Trump is good at this game. When the elite propaganda machine is telling the story we know which way it will go though dont we....

My guess is that Colbert being the talented and smart fella that he is has a healthy respect for Trumps showmanship and political skills, and decided that Discretion was the better part of valor.
parados

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 03:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
Or perhaps Colbert's finely tuned carving up of Trump went over the head of that reviewer.
hawkeye10

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 03:23 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Or perhaps Colbert's finely tuned carving up of Trump went over the head of that reviewer.

Maybe, I have not seen it.

Right now Trump is doing that little side step he does to throw is attackers off their game, and it often works. And he is communicating that he is only in attack mode when it suits his purposes, that he can be nice if nice is called for. The Leftists with blood in their eyes have yet to get their heads around the fact that Trump is no one trick pony.
parados

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 03:27 pm
@hawkeye10,
A little side step? When he moves from one pile of **** to another, you might think it is a sidestep but most of us can see the **** on his shoes getting deeper.
hawkeye10

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 03:34 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

A little side step? When he moves from one pile of **** to another, you might think it is a sidestep but most of us can see the **** on his shoes getting deeper.

Quote:

It was a great night for Trump. It was a considerably less-great night for Colbert. Coming off of his tough interview with Cruz the night before, the host was repeatedly bested by his guest. The grammar was all off, with Trump as the subject, and Colbert as, repeatedly, the object. Was he intimidated by Trump? Was he reprimanded for the harshness of the conversation with Cruz? Did he simply not take Trump seriously as a contender for the highest office in the land?

The Big Question about Colbert’s place in late night has been, pretty much as soon as it was announced that Colbert would take over for Letterman, how he would negotiate precisely this kind of interview. An interview with a high-profile politician. An interview with a high-profile politician who is extremely different from Colbert when it comes to questions of ideology. An interview with high stakes, not just for Colbert as an entertainer, but for Colbert as a kind of pseudo-journalist.

Had the Trump interview occurred on The Colbert Report, it would have been—or, well, it could have been—quite a match-up. Two blowhards, blowing hard against each other! But, of course, it wasn’t the character “Stephen Colbert” who conducted last night’s interview. It was Stephen Colbert, the affable late-night host. And that Stephen Colbert—the funny one, the charming one, the complicated one, the one who needs to keep booking politicians for his show—seemed unable to stand up to a man whose response, when asked whether there’s anything at all he would like to apologize for, is a simple “no.”

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/09/the-colbert-trump/406891/

The other option is that you are wrong, which would hardly be unusual.
hawkeye10

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 03:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
Didn't I just hear here someplace a few days ago "Trump is going to be on Colbert, Finally he is going to get stomped on!".

That is what the chattering class said about "debate1" and "Debate2" and a few dozen other events as well. This is beginning to sound like "economic recovery is just around the corner!".
hawkeye10

Wed 23 Sep, 2015 04:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Donald Trump’s inaugural sit-down with late night host Stephen Colbert was far from the bout expected from two of the nation’s leading comedians, one of whom happens to be the front-runner for the Republican presidential nomination.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/09/23/donald_trump_on_stephen_colbert_s_late_show_the_late_night_host_goes_easy.html

One would have hoped that the elite are not completely stupid, that they would have figured out by now that Trump is connecting with the little people and thus needs to be taken seriously. All too often still they either are that stupid or else they are playing at being that stupid. This does not help the God awful reputation of the elites any.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 24 Sep, 2015 07:09 am
http://i62.tinypic.com/3509a9e.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/NewYorkerCartoons/photos/a.237223479636271.67874.155328717825748/1066553093369968/?type=3&theater
0 Replies