hawkeye10

Mon 14 Sep, 2015 04:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
Trump has a habit of marrying immigrants, and he has a lot of legal immigrants working in his companies, in fact he routinely imports large numbers of work visa immigrants to work for him. Any claims that Trump is anti immigrant is a bold faced lie.
RABEL222

Tue 15 Sep, 2015 01:06 am
@Lash,
What happened to the sweet little angel who wouldent say shyt if she had a mouthful of it?
bobsal u1553115

Tue 15 Sep, 2015 06:03 am
Conservative Pundit Bill Kristol: If Trump Wins, I'd Support Third-Party

Source: CNN Money

Donald Trump has signed a pledge to support the Republican Party's presidential nominee -- even if it isn't him. But one of the best-known pundits in conservative media isn't making the same promise.
Bill Kristol, the editor of the Weekly Standard, said he would likely look beyond both of the major parties if Trump, the clear frontrunner in the GOP's crowded presidential field, emerged with the party's nomination.

"I doubt I'd support Donald. I doubt I'd support the Democrat," Kristol told CNNMoney in an email. "I think I'd support getting someone good on the ballot as a third party candidate."

Those comments aren't much of a surprise coming from Kristol, who has been one of Trump's most vocal critics on the right.
After Trump made harsh comments in July about Senator John McCain's service in the Vietnam War, Kristol said that the billionaire developer was "dead" to him."I'm finished with Donald Trump," Kristol said at the time.
Trump's candidacy has created a schism within conservative media. George Will, Charles Krauthammer and Glenn Beck have criticized him. And last month, Beck called out the likes of Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter for their support of Trump.

Read more: http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/14/media/bill-kristol-donald-trump/
woiyo

Tue 15 Sep, 2015 06:39 am
@bobsal u1553115,
LOL !!! Now if I recall, was not Kristol suggesting that if Trump ran as an independent, it would be tantamount to treason?

These "pundit's" are laughable. Maybe he should change the spelling of his last name to another Crystal.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 15 Sep, 2015 07:07 am
@woiyo,
Kristol is always in the moment. And he changes his pronouncement every moment. There's a such a thing as being overly in the moment.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 15 Sep, 2015 07:08 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
What happened to the sweet little angel who wouldent say shyt if she had a mouthful of it?

She realized she had more than a mouthful?
0 Replies

revelette2

Tue 15 Sep, 2015 07:29 am
@RABEL222,
What are you talking about? Lash has always been able to handle herself around anyone, it is what I first admired about her. But since she has come back, I admit, there is something different...bitter almost.
RABEL222

Tue 15 Sep, 2015 05:51 pm
@revelette2,
I would say one of a hell lot more than bitter. One would think Hillery had an affair with her old man. Not that I am saying any such thing. Her absolute hatred of Hillery is unusual to say the least.
hawkeye10

Tue 15 Sep, 2015 06:14 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I would say one of a hell lot more than bitter. One would think Hillery had an affair with her old man. Not that I am saying any such thing. Her absolute hatred of Hillery is unusual to say the least.

One train of though is that Hillary encapsulates everything that is wrong with America, that hating her is the reasonable rational road. In anycase a lot of people hate her, so your claim that anyone who seems to hate her would be a freak is just wrong.
Miller

Tue 15 Sep, 2015 06:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Trump has a habit of marrying immigrants, and he has a lot of legal immigrants working in his companies, in fact he routinely imports large numbers of work visa immigrants to work for him. Any claims that Trump is anti immigrant is a bold faced lie.

Trump? What about Tom Brady?When did his wife become a citizen?
0 Replies

Miller

Tue 15 Sep, 2015 06:56 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

The masses are turning to Bernie Sanders.

Which masses? In the US, 80%of Afro-americans are for Mrs Clinton. 20% are for Sanders.

Lash

Tue 15 Sep, 2015 07:00 pm
@Miller,
The ones that are leaving Clinton. Those masses.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 15 Sep, 2015 07:14 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I agree!
0 Replies

snood

Tue 15 Sep, 2015 09:42 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Unfair! I got skull drug and called sexist for a similar remark.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 16 Sep, 2015 06:09 am
@snood,
You're tough. You can take it.

But ol' Lash sure has gotten very nasty on her return.
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 16 Sep, 2015 06:22 am
I shouldn't have said it, I did it in defense of gitterbag a few pages back.

In any event, moving on, the twenty percent of people leaving Clinton in the polls for Sanders (I wouldn't really call that masses) might soon be leaving Sanders for Biden, some anyway. He seems like he is campaigning.

Joe Biden unloads on Donald Trump's 'sick message'
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 16 Sep, 2015 07:00 am
‘Look in the Mirror, Fat Boy’ Ronald Reagan’s sons discuss Donald Trump and 2016

Source: Politico

By ELIZABETH F. RALPH September 16, 2015

Elizabeth Ralph: … You mentioned earlier that you felt a kind of disgust that Republicans had appropriated your father in this way.

RR: That was about the comparisons between Donald Trump and my father… This egotistical, narcissistic guy with the weird comb over swanning in his private plane. … Trump doesn’t seem to be able to help himself from making comments about women that are just—this latest thing with Fiornia, I mean, come on. Are you kidding? I mean, look in the mirror, fat boy. Look at that hair, you’re ridiculous! Where do you get off talking on anybody’s appearance? …

ER: People talk about how Donald Trump is just a symbol of the new media age, where in order to break through, you have to make comments like that.

RR: The media decides what the new media era is, of course. Trump may be exploiting it, but it’s all the rest of us that decide what this is. We’ve decided that we want to pay a lot of attention to this guy—who, frankly, we all know is an idiot. He’s been around for a long time. He doesn’t know anything about anything. Maybe real estate, I’ll give him that. Other than that, not really a clue about anything. He was the head of the whole birther movement, for God’s sake. He was the chief flack for that. He’s a joke. He’s not even admired among people like him. Other titans of industry and billionaires and what-have-you, they don’t respect Donald Trump. He’s like the class clown kind of guy. So why are we giving this guy the time of day? It’s amusing that we are. It’s certainly not helping the Republican Party any. But really, why are we pretending this is a serious man who may end up in the Oval Office? No, he’s not. No he won’t.

…He’s a huckster. All of his books have been about The Art of the Deal and selling people an image. I don’t know if he’s even really talented at any of that stuff, but let’s give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he is. That’s what he brings to the table here, then. He’s a con man. So sure, like any snake oil salesman he can con a segment of the electorate. The Republican Party is now 28 percent of the electorate or something. He’s got a third of 28 percent. He’s got—what, 8 or 9 percent of the electorate? I don’t think he’s going to get much more, frankly. That doesn’t get you into the White House.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/09/reagan-sons-interview-donald-trump-213149

Former 'Air America' host Ronald Reagan Jr. sure isn't following in his father's footsteps. Reading this interview, I pictured Trump without the combover, looking like Mr. Burns of 'The Simpsons".
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 16 Sep, 2015 07:10 am
Trump’s Self-Hatred Will Destroy His Campaign

by John Eskow

Email

To paraphrase Bob Dylan, even Donald Trump must stand naked, and like everyone else sometimes he winces at what he sees. Consider Trump stepping out of the shower–forced to confront all that sun-lamped, over-fed, over-cologned flesh, and those hate-lines around his pout-shaped mouth, and, of course, that wildly asymmetric mass of orange-Kool-Aid-colored hair, still wet from the shower–on one side of his head, it hangs down past his shoulder in a huge ragged curtain; on the other side of his head, there is nothing but bald scalp and sadness. He begins every day by engineering that combover, the equivalent of The Great Wall of China. Then he Spanxes up, re-colognes himself, puts on a red Trump necktie, and goes out into the world to proclaim his own greatness.

You don’t have to be a psychotherapist to see that Donald Trump’s loathing for others is just an offshoot of his loathing for himself. Do you know any confident people in their 60s who need to compulsively remind you that they attended a good college–and got As? Do you know any truly-loved people who keep insisting, twenty times a day, that everyone loves them? Trump’s dirty secret is that he’s just smart enough to know that he’s a fraud, and not smart enough to forget it. He knows in his bones that if he wasn’t rich, not only would Hillary Clinton skip his wedding, but there would be no wedding to skip–at least not to another attractive young blonde. And this awareness is what fueled the single most important moment in the history of televised political debates.

As CounterPunch’s MIke Whitney wisely pointed out, Trump did America an enormous favor in that ten-second stretch of epic truth-telling at the Fox debate–when he breezily admitted that Hillary Clinton “had” to attend his wedding, not because she cares about him, but because he buys, sells, and trades the HIllary Clintons of the world like a twelve-year-old playing Fantasy Football. In a sane America, Trump’s forbidden truth would have upended the whole political dialogue–but CNN and MSNBC studiously ignored it and spent five whole days chasing updates on the Megan Kelly “bleeding” remark instead.

If Trump had real guts and vision–and if he was serious about winning–he would make that Forbidden Truth the core of his campaign, and keep expanding it: “Everyone’s angry that America is run by the 1%–well, I’m not just the 1%, I’m the 1% of the 1%, and I’m the only one who not only knows the tricks of the trade, but who’ll let you in on all our dirty little secrets, and change all the rules…The Tea Party and the leftists are both right: the whole game is rigged, and we’re going to blow it up and start fresh.”

But he blew the moment, because he didn’t realize what a profound insight he’d given the American people. Instead, in one hilarious tweet that went beyond speaking-of-one’s-self-in-the-third-person, he said that “Roger Ailes promises that ‘Trump’ will be treated fairly.” I mean–putting your own name in quotation marks? As the young people say–what’s that about?

Years ago, while researching a story, I found myself in a restaurant with four titans of New York City real estate as they swapped old war-stories about Fred Trump, Donald’s father. To these moguls, Trump’s dad was a visionary who created wealth from an unlikely source–housing for the lower-middle-class–“but the son is a loser,” said one of them, to communal laughter. “It’s one thing if you don’t know how to generate money,” said another, “but this shmuck doesn’t even know how to inherit money.”

Maybe Trump is a smarter businessman than they gave him credit for, but I’m sure he grew up keenly aware that his peers were laughing at him, and decades of bitterness has created a true psychopath. If he was just a tiny bit less insane–let’s say 1% less insane–he would build on his Forbidden Truth and do America a major service. But my bet is that he will completely torpedo his own campaign soon–not by insulting John McCain or Megyn Kelly, because these are bush-leage turf-wars that only the Washington dullard-media cares about–but by some self-humiliating act that will finally reveal the naked man beneath the combover. He will lose because he wants to lose.

And–as he’ll be the first to tell you–he’s a man who gets what he wants.

John Eskow is a writer and musician. He wrote or co-wrote the movies Air America, The Mask of Zorro, and Pink Cadillac, as well as the novel Smokestack Lightning. He is a contributor to Killing Trayvons: an Anthology of American Violence.. He can be reached at: [email protected]
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 16 Sep, 2015 01:11 pm
0 Replies

RABEL222

Wed 16 Sep, 2015 04:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
Only you and Lash. Most people are sane.