cicerone imposter

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 11:31 am
@AC14747,
That's not my calculation, it's Betfair's gambling exchange's.
glitterbag

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 12:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The Congressional Black Caucus is holding a news conference (right now) to condemn Trump for his refusal to admit Obama was born in Hawaii. They are also listing all of the ways Trump has used dog whistles to energize the basest instincts of the sullen deplorables.

Every member is speaking and it's not looking rosy for Trump.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 12:11 pm
@glitterbag,
So even when he says Obama was born in America they are going to insist that he refuses to admit same?

Or is that he didn't specify Hawaii?
snood

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 12:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

So even when he says Obama was born in America they are going to insist that he refuses to admit same?

Or is that he didn't specify Hawaii?

The asshole spent 5 years pumping the lie and 30 seconds to deny it - without admitting he was wrong or apologizing for the harm he did. It takes a real asshole to not understand what's wrong with that.
revelette2

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 12:15 pm
@AC14747,
She did well with both Hispanics and the black communities during the primary. There is no reason to think they will stay home during the general. The ones I worry about are the ones who somehow think we will survive a Trump presidency so the country can see how terrible it is under a republican and next time vote for someone like Sanders. It is the independents and libertarians I am worried will either vote third party or stay home. I just hope they can live with themselves once Trump is elected and we have a disastrous four years. Bush gave us Iraq, I can't imagine what Trump will give us.
cicerone imposter

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 12:19 pm
@revelette2,
The use of nukes if the generals follow his order.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 12:22 pm
@snood,
What was the harm caused?
glitterbag

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 12:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
No, that was my mistake. As Trump trumpeted his newest garish hotel, he finally states Obama was born in Hawaii. In truth, the black congressional caucus is listing the numerous divisive comments Trump has bandied about. The Speakers haven't wrapped up yet, but apparently the caucus felt it was time to react to the slippery Trump.

So, now that on 16 sept 2016, he deigns to finally tell the truth, after exploiting the fears of the feeble for 8 years NOW it's all forgiven???? We will see, will his followers abandon the lie?
glitterbag

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 12:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

What was the harm caused?

You're not a stupid man, why would you ask such a stupid question?
glitterbag

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 12:27 pm
@snood,
Don't answer that Snood. He knows what the harm was. If you answer that question, next he will need to have you explain how the human body manages to breathe while asleep.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 12:27 pm
@glitterbag,
Well that at least makes sense.

I don't expect anyone to forgive him for anything, and since I don't think his supporters buy everything he says I imagine a lot of them who believed Obama was not born in America are not going to change their mind now.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 12:33 pm
@glitterbag,
I really don't know what measurable harm came from a blowhard like Trump questioning Obama's birthplace.

Did it stop Obama from serving as president the way he wanted to?

Did it make life worse for any segment of the population?

How would the nation have been different over the last several years if he hadn't said what he did?

It was stupid on his part, but so much of what he says is stupid. I think you and snood are giving him far more credit than he deserves.
glitterbag

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 12:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You don't know what measurable harm was done? Of course you do, you are just hoping folks will continue to provide opportunities for you to tut tut the seriousness of lies.
revelette2

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 01:04 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
At the real risk of a sneering response, the harm caused by the Obama birtherism was it questioned the credibility of the President and showed incredible disrespect for his position as President which was bound to have an affect how those in around the world saw him as well as our citizens. Or at least the birther movement attempted to do that, luckily it backfired, hence at long last Trump's begrudging admittance of Obama being a US citizen.

cicerone imposter

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 01:09 pm
@revelette2,
Trump's admittance will not change much by those who will continue to believe Obama was not born in the US. Those "deplorables" will exist in this country for many generations to come - unfortunately.
0 Replies

Blickers

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 01:17 pm
@revelette2,
In addition, it set Obama up as "the other", the enemy whom you cannot trust for anything. No white candidate for president ever had to explain and explain over and over again only to have segments of the white public reject him for not being good enough by reason of his birth. The real reason he was rejected was his color, but they don't want to be accused of being racist so they said it was his birth certificate.
AC14747

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 01:21 pm
@glitterbag,
Lol... you mean the Democratic black caucus... Getting their marching orders from the Hillary for president campaign to try to shift the focus from obvious mistake of calling voters deplorable. This birther issue is ancient history it ain't got no legs but we're going to hear some more about what she really feels about the American voter
AC14747

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 01:23 pm
@revelette2,
No I think the fact that she and Bill are responsible for the crime bill and the rate of black incarceration as a result of that has probably soured lot of the black community whose relatives are in federal and State prison right now.
cicerone imposter

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 01:24 pm
@AC14747,
The birther issue has got so many legs, it won't be forgotten until Trump is forgotten.
Trump is a textbook racial bigot with many generals and admirals in his corner. Trump has a history of discrimination against blacks. Those facts are readily available in media land.
Those so-called generals still don't understand Americanism and who fought in our wars. They also seem ignorant about our Constitution.
AC14747

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 01:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Oh please, what hyperbole