Finn dAbuzz

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 03:56 pm
@Blickers,
I'm lying or was hallucinating

Feel better?

Do you really feel the need to dispute each and every comment I make?

Sheesh!

PS: I wasn't the only conservative worrying. Do some research beyond your favored sites.

Blickers

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 03:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Favored sites? This was USA Today!

You used the 2004 Election to support your theory of supposed left wing bias in the news, and you were wrong. Is fact checking now a hanging crime in the conservative world?
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:03 pm
@Blickers,
Your must be right. Me and Bill Kristol were crazy that day

Rolling Eyes
Blickers

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Why, did Bill Kristol call the 2004 Election for Kerry on Election Day?
0 Replies

snood

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:57 pm
Hate to break it to you two immortals, but nobody gets out of this alive.
RABEL222

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:59 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Which media outlets were calling the election for Kerry? I don't recall any doing so and I can't find a record of it.

Its a Finney fact.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 05:01 pm
@snood,
Dident say I am. Just trying to outlive Finn.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 05:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Bringing back history.

FACT: Swift Boat Allegations Were Found To Be Dishonest
Factcheck.Org: Swift Boat Claims "Are Contradicted" By Former Crewmen, Navy Records. Factcheck.org reviewed several of the claims made by Swift Boat Veterans for Truth and found that they were "contradicted by Kerry's former crewmen, and by Navy records":

A group funded by the biggest Republican campaign donor in Texas began running an attack ad Aug. 5 in which former Swift Boat veterans claim Kerry lied to get one of his two decorations for bravery and two of his three purple hearts.

But the veterans who accuse Kerry are contradicted by Kerry's former crewmen, and by Navy records.

One of the accusers says he was on another boat "a few yards" away during the incident which won Kerry the Bronze Star, but the former Army lieutenant whom Kerry plucked from the water that day backs Kerry's account. In an Aug. 10 opinion piece in the conservative Wall Street Journal, Rassmann (a Republican himself) wrote that the ad was "launched by people without decency" who are "lying" and "should hang their heads in shame."

And on Aug. 19, Navy records came to light also contradicting the accusers. One of the veterans who says Kerry wasn't under fire was himself awarded a Bronze Star for aiding others "in the face of enemy fire" during the same incident. [Factcheck.org, 8/6/04]

Veterans Who Served With Kerry Documented 10 "Lies Told By People Who Were Not There And Never Bothered To Talk With Us." In a 12-page letter disputing the Swift Boat campaign against Kerry, a group of 10 veterans identified 10 falsehoods from the campaign that members stated had "tarnished the sacrifices [they] made":
Blickers

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 06:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, one of the reasons the conservatives detest the Clintons so much is that they've tried several Swift Boat type campaigns against them and they not only don't work, the Clintons end up ahead.

It's like that Rocky cartoon where Russian spy Boris Badenov is looking all beat up and disheveled and he says, "Put bomb in room with squirrel and lady spy and who gets blown up? Me!"
snood

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 06:50 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Yes, one of the reasons the conservatives detest the Clintons so much is that they've tried several Swift Boat type campaigns against them and they not only don't work, the Clintons end up ahead.

It's like that Rocky cartoon where Russian spy Boris Badenov is looking all beat up and disheveled and he says, "Put bomb in room with squirrel and lady spy and who gets blown up? Me!"

Yeah, it's real petty stuff, and they always try to dress it up by saying they differ on policy grounds. They also hate the fact that they've never been able to hang any of their slimy scandals on Obama - they've tried and tried. It'd be nice if they directed all the energy, time and money toward actually governing, that they've spent trying to slime Democrats
0 Replies

georgeob1

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 07:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Cicerone, You don't know what you're talking about re the Swift Boat group. The details are (or were at the time) fairly well known in the Navy. The Swift Boat Vetrans fo ( the original group) consisted of all the officers in Kerry's Boat squadron but one or two - his contemporaries, who served with him every day, and who knew him better than anyone else, and as a self-promoting fraud and poltroon.

The Fact is that Kerry got his silver star while he was a senator, serving on the Armed Forces Committee ( It was upgraded from a Bronze Star through political influence). There is no record of the medical evaluation that got him his third Purple heart ( the one that got him a trip home from 'Nam. There is however a record of his medical officer refusing his request for the Purple Heart because the "wound" (which was treated with a Band aid) didn't qualify for the award. Somehow he got it and got out of the War.

He got his mment of fame testifying before a Senate Committee (at the peak of the anti war movement, on belalf of an anti war Vetrans orgasnization. There's a famous photo of Kerry and an Air Force Seargent, both in fatigues during their testimony> The Air Force guy was later proven to be an impostor who had never served in the USAF.
cicerone imposter

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 07:20 pm
@georgeob1,
George, All I've done is posted a fact check article. You'll have to argue with the creators of that article. I have no personal information on the matter.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 08:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
have no personal information

Neither does gob. He has no facts, either.

At least you have some good documentation.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 09:13 pm
To My Redneck American Community: What The Hell Do You Have to Lose?

By AWhitneyBrown
Wednesday Aug 24, 2016 · 5:41 AM PDT

And now, to my Redneck American Community, where are my Rednecks? There they are, there’s my Redneck American, okay… For generations, you have been giving your vote to the Republicans, and what has it gotten you? Nothing! Your lives are a catastrophe, believe me. You have no health care, your children are all dying of meth and heroin, you have no education, you are shooting yourselves with your own guns on accident every day. So sad. Just a disaster.

You have been losing, losing, losing. The big banks are buying all your farms, you have nothing to eat but junk food, you all have diabetes, and your water is totally poisoned from all the fracking going on. Absolutely horrendous. A complete waste. And what do you get for it? Nothing! Even the gays are better off than you. They’re taking all your marriages. Your homes are totally broken, I can tell you.

The Republicans have totally taken you for granted. They think you’re stupid! They are taking advantage of you and it’s got to end, believe me. The Democrats will straighten this out so fast it will make your head spin. We will give you Medicaid, if you will just vote in a Democrat governor, believe me. It will happen. I guarantee it. What the hell do you have to lose?

We are going to build bridges and roads, and send your kids to college. And who is going to pay for it? The billionaires, that’s right. They are going to pay their fair share once and for all. You are going to start winning again, and it is going to be beautiful. You are going to win so much you’re going to get tired of winning. You’ll say, Democrats, stop with the winning all the time, I can’t take it, and we will say, no, we are going to keep on winning for all the Redneck Americans. We will be your voice! What the hell do you have to lose, I ask you? And after 4 years, I guarantee you we will have 95 percent of the Redneck American vote. I guarantee it. Believe me. Just give us a chance.

MORE:
http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/8/24/1563371/-To-My-Redneck-American-Community-What-The-Hell-Do-You-Have-to-Lose
bobsal u1553115

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 10:01 pm
0 Replies

revelette2

Thu 25 Aug, 2016 06:07 am
@Blickers,
Quote:

It doesn't keep them from trying, the following from Vox is very good, a little of it is left below but it is worth the entire thing. IMO

Quote:
A case study in Clinton Rules reporting

More than a year ago, Jon Allen wrote for Vox about the special “Clinton Rules” that have governed much reporting on Bill and Hillary Clinton over the past 25 years. On the list are the notions that even the most ridiculous charges are worthy of massive investigation, that the Clintons’ bad faith will always be presumed, and that actions that would normally be deemed banal are newsworthy simply because the Clintons are involved.

The blockbuster AP story released Tuesday afternoon fits the model to a T

source
0 Replies

McGentrix

Thu 25 Aug, 2016 06:14 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I find this appallingly racist.
engineer

Thu 25 Aug, 2016 06:19 am
@McGentrix,
That's the point. Trump's "appeal" to the black community was appallingly racist but for some you need to turn the tables to see it.
McGentrix

Thu 25 Aug, 2016 07:49 am
@engineer,
oh stop. Is this about the walking down the street thing?
engineer

Thu 25 Aug, 2016 07:56 am
@McGentrix,
I don't know about that one. This is about his "what do you have to lose" speech in Michigan.