bobsal u1553115

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:52 am
@Builder,
Jihadism, isn't that a fat joke? What's wrong with the RW anyways???
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 08:45 am
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r589/duadmin/160824-trump-unveils-new-border-wall-design_zps6kaeswov.jpg
revelette2

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 11:01 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I think he doesn't know his butt hole from a hole in the ground which is why he just says anything at any given time. He is worse than Palin and it is very easy to see why he has had so many failed businesses which led to so many bankruptcies.

Trump just admitted his entire immigration posture is a big scam
bobsal u1553115

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 11:40 am
@revelette2,
Its been posted that when he wears a white cap the staff stays close, when its red they dodge him.

We ought to keep a count on his pro and com flips and compare it to the times he wears a red or white hat.

Imagine in an alternate universe President tRump on a windy day at Arlington or the inauguration with that goofy hat on. And then Hillary uses the same caps only ironically, to keep tRump from a second term as the Dems sweep all Congressional and Senate seats.
cicerone imposter

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 11:50 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
* CAN TRUMP SHIFT WITHOUT LOSING HIS BASE? Democratic strategist Simon Rosenberg emails this response to Trump’s latest:

“On immigration, Trump is learning that the extreme positions he’s championed may have helped him win the primary but they are a barrier for him to be competitive in the general election. If he starts wavering now, the blowback from his own supporters is certain to be intense and could cause his entire candidacy to collapse without winning over any new voters he needs this fall. This looks more desperate and craven than principled at this point.”

The reaction of Trump’s core supporters to all of this will be instructive.

Trump is between a rock and a hard place. Hell if he does, and hell if he doesn't. A perfect picture of Trump's psyche.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 12:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I think he knows he can't win. Anything he does to win will label him a traitor to his low information voter base.

I think he's angling for a reality TV show where he'll have a set like the White House with shadow cabinet of Secretaries. He'll second guess President Clinton and be judged by Fox "experts". It'll be fun.
woiyo

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 12:23 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Low Information Base? I think any Trump supporter in all honesty has enough information and decided they can not vote for Clinton.
cicerone imposter

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 12:25 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Trump's voter base is about 30% strong. Older white uneducated men. Most, I presume, are racial bigots like Trump. The white supremacist type.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 12:39 pm
@woiyo,
Quote:
Low Information Base? I think any Trump supporter in all honesty has enough information

I don't think anybody knows enough about Donald tRump. He needs at least the scrutiny Hillary Clinton has gotten. And then add that she's been re-elected to the Senate, then was vetted and then confirmed easily by a Teapublican Congress. She was First Lady for eight years. she was an attorney for 10 years, he was First Lady of Arkansas - you really think she doesn't understand administration, public service, foreign policy, history, law ..... better than four time bankrupt who almost brought Citi-Bank down, who's closed at least 25 businesses based on his name, who started with a silver spoon and millions of dollars?

cicerone imposter

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 01:04 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
And don't forget Trump University; a scam. Trump steaks, Trump vodka, and Trump hairdo; all failures. Cartoonists had a field day with Trump's hair; Trump's everlasting icon.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 01:11 pm
Donald Trump’s $100,000 “donation” to Louisiana flood victims went to a local anti-gay hate group

http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/donald-trumps-donation-to-louisiana-flood-victims-actually-went-to-an-anti-gay-hate-group/25798/

It turns out Donald Trump’s attempt at using the Louisiana flooding as a campaign photo op is getting worse for him by the minute. The original optics were bad enough when he showed up and spent less than a minute unloading some Play-Doh from a truck before leaving. Then local authorities disputed his claim that the Play-Doh truck was even donated by him. And after he claimed that he had made a $100,000 donation but reporters couldn’t track it down, he’s now admitting the donation went to a local anti-gay hate group.

Trump’s six figure “donation” actually went to a group called the Greenwell Springs Baptist Church, which is a local front for ‘interim pastor” Tony Perkins, the head of the Family Research Council – a notorious anti LGBT entity disguised as a family values group and now disguised as a church. Perkins lost his home in the flood, a story which garnered significant headlines for its irony after so many anti-gay “pastors” had previously claimed that Hurricane Katrina had hit Louisiana as part of God’s wrath against gay people.

Now it appears Donald Trump may simply have been giving the $100,000 to the Tony Perkins-fronted group so that he could rebuild his own home. That’s all well and good, except that Perkins is a wealthy man in addition to being a hateful bigot, and could easily have his house rebuilt himself. In fact his Council is regularly on the receiving end of massive contributions from corrupt conservative billionaires.

So to recap: not only did Donald Trump hand out Play-Doh to working class people in desperate need of food and water and money to rebuild their own modest homes, it turns out he didn’t even donate the Play-Doh he was handing out, and then he gave a six figure donation to a wealthy local hate monger. It’s increasingly beginning to look like Trump would have fared better if he’d taken the Louisiana Governor’s advice and just stayed away.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 01:13 pm
Donald Trump Used Campaign Donations to Buy $55,000 of His Own Book
Source: The Daily Beast

Donald Trump used his campaign funds to buy thousands of copies of his own book at retail cost, simultaneously diverting donor money back into his pockets while artificially boosting his sales figures. It’s a tactic that may be illegal, campaign finance experts say.

On May 10, the Trump campaign paid Barnes & Noble $55,055, according to a filing with the Federal Election Commission. That amounts to more than 3,500 copies of the hardcover version of Crippled America: How to Make America Great Again, or just over 5,000 copies of the renamed paperback release, Great Again: How to Fix Our Crippled America.

A spokesperson for the Republican nominee told The Daily Beast the books were purchased “as part of gifting at the convention, which we have to do.” Sure enough, delegates in attendance at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland in July were given canvas tote bags, stamped with the Trump slogan, and filled with copies of Crippled America, as well as Kleenex and Make America Great Again! cups, hats, and T-shirts. Delegates were also given plastic fetus figurines.

Read more: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/08/24/donald-trump-used-campaign-donations-to-buy-55-000-of-his-own-book.html
cicerone imposter

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 01:19 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Not surprising to learn that Trump is a scam artist, and furthers his own interest above all others. He's known for his business acumen, but must wonder how many people he has screwed and/or bankrupted to achieve what he has.
30% of Americans want him as our president. There's no cure for stupid.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 01:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
There's no cure for stupid.

Well, if he won.
cicerone imposter

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 01:37 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Trump doesn't have a prayer in hell.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/clinton-leads-trump-by-12-points-in-reuters-ipsos-poll/ar-BBvYdsQ?OCID=ansmsnnews11
Hillary has a 12 point lead over Trump, and it's increasing every time Trump opens his mouth.
revelette2

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 01:46 pm
I know we all say it continuously, but, every time I think of all the many reasons logically he should lose, even if his poll numbers are horrible and Hilary is beating him in battleground states by significant margins, I keep getting a scared feeling down deep in my belly that he might just win. The media itself is so flaky, if he starts saying the right things and they keep on talking about him saying the right things, the tide may turn even though it is complete bull crap and most logical people know it who keep up with this stuff. I just hope the "Real Donald Trump" keeps sticking his head out and messes up the new campaign's staff clean up plan.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 03:23 pm
@revelette2,
As you know, I seldom give you credit for your opinions but in this one you are spot on to the extent that you can't rely on the MSM.

Despite your numerous protestations otherwise, they are biased, and to a fault.

I remember driving home from work on Election Day in 2004 and getting depressed because the MSM was calling the election for Kerry.

Guess what? Bush won.

Don't ever trust the bullsh*t you hear from the MSM. They are biased, pure and simple, and they hope that what they report will have an influence on the election. (horribly against journalistic ethics)

I still think Clinton will win but your are right to think it isn't written in stone. What you will do about this realization is for you to say.

Blickers

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 03:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote cicerone:
Quote:
Hillary has a 12 point lead over Trump, and it's increasing every time Trump opens his mouth.

That's the Reuters/Ipsos poll that just came out. Overall, Trump has been slowly sneaking up on Hillary, for instance the LA Times / USC polls has Mrs. Clinton up by only 2. Until that Reuters poll was released, the last six polls listed by Real Clear Politics had Hillary up by only 5.4 points average. This should bring it up a little more, but Hillary is still not running away with the popular vote-at least not yet-according to the present polling.
0 Replies

parados

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 03:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I remember driving home from work on Election Day in 2004 and getting depressed because the MSM was calling the election for Kerry.

Guess what? Bush won.

Which media outlets were calling the election for Kerry? I don't recall any doing so and I can't find a record of it.
Blickers

Wed 24 Aug, 2016 03:52 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'm not at all sure of which of the many outlets of "the MSM" called it for Kerry, because I certainly don't remember it that way. For all we know, your local radio broadcaster had a bet on the Election and he was free-lancing on the air. Few to none other news sources called it that way.

TV networks were in no rush to call presidential election
By Martha T. Moore and Peter Johnson, USA TODAY
TV networks that swore not to prematurely declare presidential winners ended up not declaring a winner at all.

Only after Sen. John Kerry's phone call to President Bush on Wednesday did networks declare the incumbent re-elected.

In the exception to TV networks' caution in projecting winners on election night, Fox News Channel and NBC awarded Ohio's crucial electoral votes to Bush shortly before 1 a.m. Wednesday, more than 12 hours before Kerry conceded the state and the race.

ABC, CBS, and CNN held off on declaring Ohio red for Bush or blue for Kerry. CNN added a new color to the palette of red and blue states —green, for "too close to call" — until finally awarding it to Bush on Wednesday when Kerry conceded.....

.... "It's hard to fault them when they got it right," said Kathleen Hall Jamieson, head of the University of Pennsylvania's Annenberg Public Policy Center, a media-research think tank. "The main thing is, nobody called the election. ... I was waiting for the balloon drop, the bells and whistles, and they were careful about it."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/vote2004/2004-11-03-tv-election_x.htm