snood

Fri 5 Aug, 2016 11:32 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

True, but the thing is, the guy burst onto the scene by buying a pro football team in a league that soon folded, and he always played up his wealth. Then he turns around and tries to tell people he started out poor? What chutzpah.

I haven't seen Trump trying to claim he was ever poor. The post a bit earlier had him quoted as saying he was at "a little bit of a disadvantage" because of the press being 0ne-sided against him. Nothing about growing up poor. Do you have a quote or story of Trump somewhere or sometime saying he was brought up poor?
revelette2

Sat 6 Aug, 2016 05:38 am
Donald Trump now says even legal immigrants are a security threat
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 6 Aug, 2016 05:54 am
Donald Trump Reportedly Wanted His Women Staffers to Pose Nude for Playboy

Source: The Slot

Presidential candidate and fire ant infestation with too many resources Donald Trump has made a name for himself via his misogyny, which he’s repeatedly defended by saying that since he’s hired women to work for him, he’s looking out for their interests.

Still, just last week, Trump said if his daughter Ivanka had been sexually harassed in the workplace, “I would like to think she would find another career or find another company.” His son Eric Trump echoed his father’s statements, saying on CBS This Morning that “Ivanka is a strong, powerful woman. She wouldn’t allow herself to be objected to it.”

The creepiness of this conjecture being directed solely towards Ivanka aside, it seems that throughout his career, Trump the patriarch may have been doing some of the most flagrant harassing himself.

In his 1991 book, Trump, The Greatest Show on Earth: The Deals, The Downfall, The Reinvention, reporter Wayne Barrett included two short paragraphs on Trump’s “sexual fantasy life,” which apparently included him pitching a spread of his employees to Playboy (although it’s unclear exactly when he may have done this):

He even tried to get Playboy to do a spread called “The Girls of Trump,” wooing his most shapely staffers, including a former beauty queen secretary, into posing for the magazine with a sliding scale of offers on everything from full nude to breast to “wet-lip” shots. It was all part of the rakish ethos of phony glamour that he consciously fostered, even to the extent of concealing from public view a very efficient secretary with a pimplish facial condition. This unappeasable appetite led him, as his own notoriety soared, into celebrity worship, and he became a starstruck groupie, attaching himself to Don Johnson, Michael Jackson, and just about anyone else who would allow him to climb into photographs with them. He was both projecting a larger-than-life image and reveling in it, a dangerous psychic combination.

Read more: http://theslot.jezebel.com/donald-trump-reportedly-wanted-his-women-staffers-to-po-1784835548
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 6 Aug, 2016 05:58 am
@cicerone imposter,
Its the fact that its 100% white males.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 6 Aug, 2016 06:15 am
All you ever need to know about Trump is contained in this quote:

"Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/lexicon_valley/2015/07/31/donald_trump_this_run_on_sentence_from_a_speech_in_sun_city_south_carolina.html
izzythepush

Sat 6 Aug, 2016 06:29 am
@bobsal u1553115,
The view from the BBC.

Quote:
Like a boxer on the ropes, the Trump campaign has weathered a flurry of body blows over the past few weeks. Is this the beginning of the end, a full three months before election day? Should Donald Trump throw in the towel before the inevitable November knockout?

The latest round of national polls has set off something akin to a mass panic among Republican officeholders and intelligentsia, with some wishing Mr Trump would just quit already and leave them to pick up the pieces.

Here's why.

Hillary Clinton is up seven percentage points in a CBS survey, nine in CNN and NBC, an eye-popping 15 in a Marist survey that had the race within the margin of error just a few weeks ago. She's posting sizeable leads in key swing states like Pennsylvania, Michigan, New Hampshire and Florida. She's even leading in Georgia, a state Republican Mitt Romney carried by 8 percentage points.

August polls are notoriously fickle, of course, and a Clinton bump was always expected - a typical result following a successful national party convention.

This surge, however, has the feeling of something more substantive, given that it comes on the heels of a series of Mr Trump's unforced errors.

The Republican standard-bearer suggested Russia should hack Mrs Clinton's emails. He fought with the parents of a slain Muslim-American soldier in Iraq and feuded with Republican congressional leaders, including Speaker of the House Paul Ryan.

These were just the headliners, too, nestled among a series of lesser gaffes. Mr Trump reportedly questioned why the US doesn't consider a first-use nuclear policy, insisted that Russia would never invade Ukraine, suggested women who are sexually harassed at work should find other employment, made jokes about a crying baby at the mother's expense and rehashed a series of old political feuds, such as his off-colour remarks about Fox News host Megyn Kelly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-36990724
Blickers

Sat 6 Aug, 2016 07:39 am
@snood,
Quote snood:
Quote:
Do you have a quote or story of Trump somewhere or sometime saying he was brought up poor?

I'll try. We might be going back to the eighties or nineties. Trump was having one of his financial difficulties, and he blurted out that he started out poor and built up his financial empire, so if they take everything he can just do it again.
revelette2

Sat 6 Aug, 2016 09:33 am
@Blickers,
You may be referring to his talking about a loan by his father as a small loan of a million dollars which he had to pay back with interest, part of his dad saying no. Rolling Eyes

Trump: My dad gave me a 'small loan' of a million dollars

Quote:
As Donald Trump tells it, he has been told no his entire life. For example, he said Monday, his father gave him a "small loan of a million dollars" that he had to repay with interest at the start of his career.

“Oh many times. I’ve been told no by him. My whole life, really has been a no," the Republican presidential candidate said during a town hall event in Atkinson, New Hampshire, on NBC's "Today."

“It has not been easy for me. It has not been easy for me. I started off in Brooklyn. My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars," Trump remarked. "I came into Manhattan, and I had to pay him back, and I had to pay him back with interest. But I came into Manhattan and I started buying properties, and I did great."

Trump said his father had told him that going to Manhattan would not work, and later in his life, other people told him that a presidential campaign would not pan out.

NBC's Matt Lauer followed up on Trump's "small loan" remark: "By the way, let's just put this in perspective, you said it hasn't been easy for you, but my dad gave me a million-dollar loan. That probably is going to seem pretty easy to a lot of people."

"You're right, but a million dollars isn't very much compared to what I've built," Trump countered. "I mean, I've built one of the great companies, but it's always been, you know, you can't do this, you can't do that."
Blickers

Sat 6 Aug, 2016 03:04 pm
@revelette2,
To be honest, a loan of a million from a rich father to a son that had to be paid back would not be so outrageous, but the real story is that Dad had transferred a lot more money to Don during his career that did not have to be paid back.

Plus the fact that Donald was not coming cold into this, he worked for his father in his real estate and building trade for quite a few years, teaching him the business. His father built whole blocks of apartment houses, many developments, and young Donald was with him.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 6 Aug, 2016 03:35 pm
@izzythepush,
Pretty accurate.

Can you believe giujohn and I have a bet going on - if Hilary wins he leaves if tRump wins I leave?

<sniiiiicker!>

I put up a countdown clock as thread and it was taken down in about ten minutes,
giujohn

Sat 6 Aug, 2016 03:56 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Counting chickens before they're hatched?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 6 Aug, 2016 03:58 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I don't think you have any worries.
The recent Fox News, Marist College and NBC News/Wall Street Journal national polls show Trump trailing Clinton by 9 to 14 percentage points, margins that would make for the largest general election blowout since 1984 if they held. The recent Fox News, Marist College and NBC News/Wall Street Journal national polls show Trump trailing Clinton by 9 to 14 percentage points, margins that would make for the largest general election blowout since 1984 if they held.

I don't even believe that margin will hold, but get wider every time Trump opens his mouth.
izzythepush

Sat 6 Aug, 2016 04:31 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I did know that. And I note he stuck in caveat allowing him to come back as a sockpuppet which he will.
momoends

Sat 6 Aug, 2016 10:38 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
news here say she´s 15 points over Trump... it´s that true?
Blickers

Sat 6 Aug, 2016 10:47 pm
@momoends,
In one poll, yes. Overall, Hillary is averaging about 7 points ahead of Trump. But she's picking up steam as the days go by.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
cicerone imposter

Sat 6 Aug, 2016 10:54 pm
@Blickers,
I think the polls are jumping all over the place; between 5 and 15 points.
0 Replies

momoends

Sat 6 Aug, 2016 10:54 pm
@Blickers,
let´s cross our fingers
Builder

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 02:03 am
@momoends,
A career criminal, or a charlatan salesman.

Both eggsellent choices.
momoends

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 02:23 am
@Builder,
that´s how it works ... surely many other people found themselves in the same situation you are now on previous presidential elections.... if this is the first time you don´t like any of the candidates running for the presidency, you vote for a career criminal or a charlatan salesman before... you just liked them and chose to ignore those facts
Builder

Sun 7 Aug, 2016 02:31 am
@momoends,
Like 91% of Americans, I don't vote.

source
0 Replies