ossobucotemp

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 08:22 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Volunteers now blocking the aisles to keep the berniebros from rushing the stage (I got this via Guardian a minute ago).
Blickers

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 08:27 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Cripes. There doesn't seem to be any hint of this on the MSNBC broadcast.
ossobucotemp

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 08:32 pm
@Blickers,
The Guardian is pretty good at this live blogging stuff... I'm watching that (it's under Democratic Convention Live)/don't remember if I found it on Guardian UK or US.
Also following Sullivan. The Guardian is nicer. Sullivan et al pretty descriptive of goings on..
There's a plan for counter-chanting to be handed out...
snood

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 08:40 pm
@Blickers,
try CSPAN?
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 08:44 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Adds - those can be read later if interested..

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/jul/28/democratic-national-convention-hillary-clinton-2016-election-live
0 Replies

Blickers

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 09:35 pm
Well, the speech just ended and the whole hall went crazy over Hillary. So if there any hecklers they couldn't be heard.
snood

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 09:38 pm
@Blickers,
I'm thinking they timed the "Hil-ler-ree!" chants to start up and rise in tandem with the hecklers. Good stuff.
Blickers

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 09:39 pm
@snood,
That could be. Those chants started up seemingly without reason.
ossobucotemp

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 10:11 pm
@Blickers,
According to the person writing the DNC blog in the Guardian, there was a block of angry bernie people in the higher seats that were most restive (including one seeming having his or her nails pulled out - he could hear it but not see who the person was) but the distance helped. I think there was another area too, but I'm not clear on that. I guess areas were also states, so that the California Section and the Washington Section were the chanters who were most pro Bernie, and the Hillary fans worked to counteract them when they started up. Meantime, most of the not so fond crowd settled down as Hillary talked. Earlier, there was trouble when the high up military people were introduced - or so I read. Not everybody, but noticeable.
Don't trust me though, I was reading the blog fast as I could.
0 Replies

giujohn

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 03:28 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Quote:
Do any of you find it fascinating that Trump is so popular when all his message is about fear and division?

Yeah, it's fascinating, alright. But it's not fascinating in the sense that it makes me want to read a book about the Trump phenomenon, or anything like that. It's fascinating to me in the same sort of way that it fascinates me when a dog will eat his own poop or vomit. Kind of a 'shake my head at the depth of stupidity' kind of fascination.

The question is why you're not equally fascinated with the fact that most everything Bill and Hillary said during their speeches, as well as Barack Obama, are them boldface lying... saying anything to get her into office, and people who know this, still support her.
Miller

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 05:29 am
@giujohn,
Living in large urban areas today, the only people NOT AFRAID are total half-hits. When punks think i'ts cute to steal a bag of groceries from a 90 YR old woman, we know this Country is in trouble.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 05:42 am
@Miller,
And yet crime has been falling yearly for thirty years. Where does all that fear derive?
giujohn

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 05:45 am
@Miller,
Last night at the DNC when a Sheriff was speaking and asked for a moment of silence for the Fallen police officers what did we here ? The shouts of black lives matters. Two more police officers in San Diego shot... One is dead. As far as I'm concerned we should declare the inner cities free fire zones and off-limits to police... let people call the black lives matter crowd when they need help.
Miller

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 05:50 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

And yet crime has been falling yearly for thirty years. Where does all that fear derive?

Yes, crime , at least in some major cities like CHICAGO has fallen. One reason, offered by crime-experts, is the fact the Police ( CHICAGO) now don't go running to put-out or REPORT criminal activity or arrest criminals.

CRIME is still going on....but it's unreported.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 05:52 am
@Miller,
According to the FBI crime has fallen nationally for the last thirty years. Why does the RW "crime" beck and call work so well?
0 Replies

Miller

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 05:53 am
@giujohn,
If you live in a crime-laden inner City like Detroit or Chicago, you'll have to arm yourself for protection. There's no other way, unless you want to live like a monk in a forrest.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 05:56 am
@Miller,
And you personally know that how?

I lived in Chicago for years and if you stayed out of a particular couple of places, it was never dangerous,
Kolyo

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 05:58 am
@giujohn,
That's strange, I thought you usually enjoyed the heckling that went on at the DNC.
giujohn

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 06:06 am
@Kolyo,
I never said one way or another if I enjoyed it what I have been saying is how it illustrates that Unity among Democrats as evidenced by their convention is just another lie.
0 Replies

Miller

Fri 29 Jul, 2016 06:06 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

I lived in Chicago for years

That says nothing. You're not a native and you're not a SOUTH-SIDER as am I. I lived on the SOUTH SIDE from age 2 years and attended grade school, high school, and 4 years of undergraduate school in a mjor University and 5 years of graduate school, also in a major University .I left Chicago as a very mature, street-wise adult.

I witnessed criminal activity at all stages of my lifein Chicago, and I was physically attacked on numerous times, as were members of my family... and for what's it's worth, there is NO SAFE place on the SOUTH SIDE of Chicago. The only way to be at least half-way safe, is to be legally armed and married to a Chicago Policeman.

Chicago cops are the greatest...this I know for a fact.