ossobucotemp

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 11:22 am
@revelette2,
Thanks, I should probably add that to my screen, but I'm pretty happy with the Guardian's DNC live commentary and with Andrew Sullivan's New York Magazine live DNC blog, plus going back and forth with a2k from time to time. Other than Sullivan's blogging comments, he has commentary from some known sharp writers from different sources, like the NYTimes and similar. My wimpy computer can only take so much.. before just stopping on me.

After it's all over, if the DNC live thing is still on the internet, I give it at least a once over and maybe a twice over.

Adds: Sullivan's blogs from the first three nights are still online, so maybe DNC's will be too.
revelette2

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 11:26 am
@ossobucotemp,
It is ok, I just remembered you said you didn't watch a speech so I thought this way it is just like TV only on the internet, but you are right, there are no commentaries sprinkled through out, just a straight stream line of the DNC convention.
ossobucotemp

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 11:32 am
@revelette2,
You probably read that I don't always agree with Sullivan but like his sharp eye and views (now most of the time) and writing ability. I was happy, for example, re his commentary on Bill's presentation.. a few minutes after it.
farmerman

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 05:00 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ken Burns and David Mcoullough have rounded up a bunch of historians, journalists and others to give their opinions of a "Trump presidency"

I beleive theyre on FB
0 Replies

revelette2

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 05:14 pm
Now I am a bit scared, Nate Silver has Trump at 55% chance winning without adjusting for convention bounce.

Election Update: Why Our Model Is Bullish On Trump, For Now

Apparently they try to use the polls which include third party candidate which end up helping Trump. So all ya'll who think there is nothing wrong with voting for Jill or Johnson, please, think again.
cicerone imposter

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 05:21 pm
@revelette2,
Do any of you find it fascinating that Trump is so popular when all his message is about fear and division? Racial bigotry and xenophobia?
Do these same Americans live in this country? What are they in fear of?
revelette2

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 05:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't know, as for me, I just can't imagine any thinking rational person voting for Trump. I think they are just party liners and would vote for whoever is on the ticket for the most part. The rest seem to be going for Jill and Johnson on the third party ticket which would have the effect of giving Trump the presidency so they might as well vote for him anyway.
cicerone imposter

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 05:35 pm
@revelette2,
www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/
PolitiFact.com
Donald Trump has been a real estate developer, entrepreneur and host of the NBC reality ... Trump's statements were awarded PolitiFact's 2015 Lie of the Year.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 05:35 pm
@Builder,
The truth hurts don't it?
RABEL222

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 05:43 pm
@spooky24,
Ive got another scenario for you spook. How about putin teaching trump how to be a dictator after hacking the DNC computers and releasing them to the world in the hope they can find some garbage that will stick.
0 Replies

snood

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 05:44 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Now I am a bit scared, Nate Silver has Trump at 55% chance winning without adjusting for convention bounce.

Election Update: Why Our Model Is Bullish On Trump, For Now

Apparently they try to use the polls which include third party candidate which end up helping Trump. So all ya'll who think there is nothing wrong with voting for Jill or Johnson, please, think again.

I've been in twitter exchanges with some hardcore "Anyone but Hillary" people. It's pretty clear to me that they see casting their vote for someone they consider morally superior and who espouses more perfectly liberal views as a supremely more important mission than merely ensuring the haywire cheeto man doesn't win.

I see some of them saying,when asked who they will be voting for, some version of "I'm going to wait and see how things occur before I make a decision". But I can't for the life of me figure out what information they are still waiting to factor in.
snood

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 05:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Do any of you find it fascinating that Trump is so popular when all his message is about fear and division?

Yeah, it's fascinating, alright. But it's not fascinating in the sense that it makes me want to read a book about the Trump phenomenon, or anything like that. It's fascinating to me in the same sort of way that it fascinates me when a dog will eat his own poop or vomit. Kind of a 'shake my head at the depth of stupidity' kind of fascination.
RABEL222

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 05:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Everything.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 05:52 pm
@snood,
Quote:
But I can't for the life of me figure out what information they are still waiting to factor in.

I agree; there's enough information on Trump as a liar, racial bigot and xenophobe. If they're still having problems, they must agree with Trump's bigotry and everything else that should be common knowledge by now.
Builder

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:11 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
The truth hurts don't it?

That this election process is so rigged, it's become farcical? I agree.
0 Replies

Blickers

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:40 pm
@revelette2,
Quote revellette:
Quote:

I'm afraid I didn't see that line on your link, perhaps I missed it. But you do have to take the convention bounce of 4 points or more into account anyway. Here's the part that I thought summed it up:
Quote:
Trump’s position in our polls-plus forecast, which adjusts for convention bounces, is almost unchanged over the past week; the model continues to give him about a 40 percent chance of winning the election, meaning that Clinton has a 60 percent chance.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-why-our-model-is-bullish-on-trump-for-now/
snood

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 07:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
But I can't for the life of me figure out what information they are still waiting to factor in.

I agree; there's enough information on Trump as a liar, racial bigot and xenophobe. If they're still having problems, they must agree with Trump's bigotry and everything else that should be common knowledge by now.

I didn't really mean the Trump voters - they're beyond hope. I was talking about the Bernie deadenders who are still holding out, waiting for... what? I don't know.
cicerone imposter

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 07:44 pm
@snood,
I agree that Bernie supporters are being silly to hold onto him when he supports Hillary.
ossobucotemp

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 08:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
More than silly, they are disrupting the DNC speakers, possibly to include Hillary.
Builder

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 08:18 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
More than silly...

Yeah, how dare they expect a democratic process from the DNC.

Losers.
0 Replies