Blickers

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 09:13 am
@engineer,
Quote engineer:
Quote:
For some reason, it has become fun to demand politicians release their tax returns. I guess it makes it easy for reporters to write fluff pieces. Just because "everyone else has" doesn't mean anyone has to.

I remember how it happened. In 1968, George Romney, (Mitt's father), was a prominent candidate for the Republican presidential nomination. He had a well-earned rep as a business whiz who saved American Motors, (through such new models as the Jeep, AMX and Javelin), from going under when most of the early carmakers did in the 1950s. Before him, there was no mention of tax returns. Perhaps to impress the Republican Party that he had nothing to hide and to put things on a businesslike footing, he one day held a press conference where he gave the press the last 10 years of his tax returns and dared the other GOP candidates to do the same. It got a little attention, but it was not a major issue then. However, it did start a tradition where candidates were asked to release their tax returns, (because after all Romney did, what's wrong with you?), and that tradition has now become secure to where the press and public do feel that if you want the public's vote, you have to come clean.
DrewDad

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 09:57 am
@Blickers,
During Live Press Conference Trump Asks Putin To Hack The US To Find Clinton Emails

Quote:
Trump said, “If it is Russia, which it’s probably not, nobody knows who it is, But if it is Russia, it’s really bad for a different reason, because it shows how little respect they have for our country. When they would hack into a major party and get everything, but it would be interesting. I will tell you this. Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you find the thirty thousand emails that are missing. I think you’ll probably be rewarded mightily by our press. Let’s see if that happens next.”

Donald Trump is about to get national security briefings, and he just invited the Russian government to hack the US government in an attempt to find Hillary Clinton’s emails.

Instead of proving that there was no relationship between his campaign and the Russian government, Trump confirmed it. Not only is there a relationship between Trump and Putin, but the Republican nominee is asking for favors on live national television.

If there was any doubt that Comrade Donald is working with Putin’s Russia, it was confirmed during the press conference.

Republicans thought that they were nominating a strongman, but what they’ve got is Putin’s puppet.

Comrade Donald.
giujohn

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 10:27 am
@DrewDad,
Oh what bullshit... Everybody knows that they have all of Hillary's State Department emails and all Donald is asking for is to have them released to us because our FBI couldn't get them... I for one would love to see what's in them and I'm sure the American public would too
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 11:19 am
since I just posted the piece on Bill's speaking wardrobe on another thread ... here is the deal on Melania's dress

http://qz.com/735758/melania-trump-wore-a-2200-roksanda-dress-to-the-rnc-and-it-quickly-sold-out/
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 12:07 pm
@DrewDad,
Isn't that somehow illegal for him to do? I suppose not, but it seems at least borderline to me.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 12:11 pm
Donald Trump Says He Wants Russia to Find Clinton's Missing Emails
Source: CBS News

https://mobile.twitter.com/CBSNews/status/758318428985954304

Donald Trump says he wants Russia to find Clinton's missing emails

ELECTIONS
Donald Trump says he wants Russia to find Clinton's missing emails
Republican presidential nominee speaks at Trump National Doral Miami

By Peter Burke - Local10.com Managing Editor , Associated Press
Posted: 10:12 AM, July 27, 2016
Updated: 11:22 AM, July 27, 2016

DORAL, Fla. - Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump on Wednesday dismissed claims made by Democrats that Russia hacked the Democratic National Committee emails to benefit his campaign.

Trump said he's never met or spoken to Russian President Vladimir Putin, but he said the incident with the hacked emails demonstrates that Putin and other world leaders no longer respect the United States.

He said it may not even be Russia behind the email breach and suggested that China may be the culprit.

Trump said that he hopes Russian hackers find and share Clinton's missing emails.

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing," Trump told reporters Wednesday morning at Trump National Doral Miami. "I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/hissyspit/hissyspitiphone/60FF4065-5DED-4E8B-82E3-D149EEDA1749_zpsnredu0bd.png

Read more: http://www.local10.com/news/elections/donald-trump-speaks-in-doral
giujohn

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 12:19 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Oh give me a freaking break... the Russians already have all of her State Department emails Trump's only calling for them to release them... And according to Julian Assange that's exactly what's going to happen.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 12:30 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Trump's a loose cannon. No brains. He's not able to think about the consequences.

Fact check: The IG report discussed the potential security risk of Clinton’s server, but it did not report any security breaches and neither has any other investigative body so far — contrary to Johnson’s assumption.
giujohn

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 12:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The only consequences to the Russians telling us what was in Hillary's State Department emails is that maybe finally she'll be brought up on charges or at least have to step down as a candidate.
cicerone imposter

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 12:35 pm
@giujohn,
Dream on; the FBI already found nothing.
giujohn

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 12:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
LOL ... but the FBI didn't hack her e-mail, the Russians did and as much as Putin hates Hillary I'm sure we're going to see some strategic disclosures before the November election.
Blickers

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 12:48 pm
@giujohn,
Don't look now, but your own admission that Russia wants Hillary to lose doesn't exactly help the Trump cause. Especially as how Trump is making clear that he wants to get rid of NATO, which is Russia's and Putin's fondest wish.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 12:49 pm
@giujohn,
Yeah because we can trust what Putin says. Why are so so keen on America playing second fiddle to Russia?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 12:51 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
I'm sure we're going to see some strategic disclosures before the November election.

Your hopes and dreams that the Russians got into Hillary's email is something to behold. It shows how shallow you are! You're hoping that the Russians got into Hillary's email and confidential information just to prove they succeeded, and nothing about the harm that would cause.

You call yourself an American?
giujohn

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 01:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
I'm sure we're going to see some strategic disclosures before the November election.

Your hopes and dreams that the Russians got into Hillary's email is something to behold. It shows how shallow you are! You're hoping that the Russians got into Hillary's email and confidential information just to prove they succeeded, and nothing about the harm that would cause.

You call yourself an American?

Oh you misunderstand... I don't hope that they get into her emails I know that they have. My preference would have been for her to be responsible and secure the secrets of our country to safeguard our interest and our people overseas... But that hasn't occurred so if they want to disclose the emails that they already have I don't have a problem with that because one, I know that Putin will never disclose anything that is top secret because he would never give up that Advantage but number two he will probably disclose things that are embarrassing to Hillary which I'm okay with because we need to see proof positive of her irresponsibility... And why she should not be trusted with the presidency.
Blickers

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 01:34 pm
@giujohn,
Quote giujohn:
Quote:
he [Putin] will probably disclose things that are embarrassing to Hillary which I'm okay with because we need to see proof positive of her irresponsibility... And why she should not be trusted with the presidency.

But the Number One foreign policy objective of Russia is to get rid of NATO so there will be no effective resistance to Russian tanks running across the Russian border into now-independent Eastern European states. Just like they did in the good ol' days of the 50s and 60s in places like Hungary and Czechoslovakia
http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah279/LeviStubbs/Hungary%201956%20pic%203_zpsekqv6i8m.jpg

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah279/LeviStubbs/Czechoslavakia%201968%20pic%202_zpslhbqst4m.jpg

So according to you, you can't stand the idea of electing somebody who will oppose Russian expansionism but who has been careless with state secrets, but you don't mind electing somebody who is going to give Russia perfect permission to take over Eastern Europe and guarantee that the US will stand by and do nothing. Who will say, "Just take it all, Vladdy".
cicerone imposter

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 01:48 pm
@Blickers,
Trump talks about he's going "to make America great gain."

That's a funny claim, because America is already great.
Quote:
With the U.S. political scene dominated by partisan vitriol, soaring taxes and health care costs and small businesses being crushed by suffocating regulations, it’s worth reminding ourselves where the U.S. economy stands in comparison to the rest of the world today.

Despite the high economic growth rates of developing nations, the United States is by far the world’s wealthiest nation, as measured by gross domestic product (GDP) — the broadest measure of economic wealth.

The rest of the world doesn’t even come close.

This year, U.S. GDP should hit $18 trillion.

That means that the U.S. economy is about as large as the next three-largest economies in the world — China, Japan and Germany — combined.
giujohn

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 01:51 pm
@giujohn,
For Blickers:

So you're able to tell the future and say for certain that Donald Trump will weaken NATO and allow Putin to overrun Eastern Europe when in fact he's never done any such thing but you have no problem with Obama removing 2 Armor brigades from Eastern Europe and allowing Putin to make his advances... And correct me if I'm wrong wasn't Hillary at the helm in the state department during that period of time...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 01:54 pm
guijohn, You're on IGNORE.
maporsche

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 01:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Trump talks about he's going "to make America great gain."

That's a funny claim, because America is already great.

Yeah it is!! I don't see millions of people applying for foreign citizenship.

Even a country as great as America has problems though. We should for sure elect Clinton to help fix those. We know Trump won't do it.