Walter Hinteler

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 08:33 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
it's fairly obvious why Putin hates Hillary
True! She is seen as supporting a tougher line against Putin, than Trump - the Russian papers are full of such claims.
0 Replies

giujohn

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 08:39 am
@Blickers,
I would have to be a moron to believe that if the DNC email can be hacked regardless who did it that state-sponsored hacking of Hillary's State Department email didn't occur... But then I guess I'll wait to see what Julian Assange has as it pertains to Hillary's emails... And frankly I'm not too worried about Putin or Russia the danger in my opinion lies in Hillary's power grab attempt of the presidency at any cost. What she would do to scotus is chilling.
Blickers

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 08:47 am
@giujohn,
Quote giujohn:
Quote:
I think you misunderstand Putin... I don't think he loves Trump so much as he hates Hillary for her trying to meddle in Russian internal politics during his election.

You mean Putin, the guy who imprisons or murders his political rivals? How awful.

Dude, it's about NATO. Since WWII NATO has prevented Russia from carrying out expansionist plans. When Russia pushed back the Nazis to Berlin in WWII, they kept their troops in the Eastern European nations between Russia and Germany and set up puppet governments loyal to Russia. They would have loved to go into Western Europe but the US, Britain, Australia, Canada and the Free French wouldn't let him. Then the Western Allies of D-Day and WWII morphed into NATO, and that not only put the permanent Kibosh on Russia going into Western Europe, it was so successful that Russia's attempts to build a military machine to keep up with it broke the country economically. This made it impossible for Russia to hold onto Eastern Europe, who merrily ran for their lives then applied for admission to NATO to keep the Russian tanks out. They were accepted. So NATO now blocks Russian tanks from taking Eastern Europe back. Sort of like what Russia did to Czechoslovakia in 1968.

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah279/LeviStubbs/Czechoslavakia%201968_zpsggd2llgc.jpg

And Hillary is going to stand by NATO, as an American president must. And Trump is looking for ways to get rid of it. Given these facts, what do you think Putin is going to do? He's going to do anything he can to get Trump in the White House. How hard is this for you to understand?
0 Replies

engineer

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 08:51 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

What she would do to scotus is chilling.

Yes, she might increase the minimum wage or maybe improve the social safety net for women and children, maybe even for all Americans. You are sweating Clinton when Trump has directly stated he will massively expand the deficit, pull back from NATO while unilaterally bombing "our enemies" and divert our infrastructure budget to "build a wall". Yes, Clinton is "chilling" compared to that.
parados

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 09:54 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
dealing with emails and the internet and hacking it could have just as easily also been somebody attaching certain headers to make it look like the Russian intelligence service.

You really shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about.

Traces left when someone hacks a system are not in headers on emails. The information is in the system logs which log all connections to a system. In a properly protected system those system logs are protected from access by anyone remotely connecting so they can't be changed.
0 Replies

giujohn

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 12:17 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

giujohn wrote:

What she would do to scotus is chilling.

Yes, she might increase the minimum wage or maybe improve the social safety net for women and children, maybe even for all Americans. You are sweating Clinton when Trump has directly stated he will massively expand the deficit, pull back from NATO while unilaterally bombing "our enemies" and divert our infrastructure budget to "build a wall". Yes, Clinton is "chilling" compared to that.

I couldn't agree more.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 02:07 pm
George Will says Trump won’t release tax returns because they show his ties to Russian oligarchs
-snip-

The Fox News contributor and conservative columnist, who left the Republican Party last month because he couldn’t support Trump, said Monday night that he believes the GOP’s nominee may have improper relationships with foreign investors, reported The Hill.

Russian agents are accused of hacking into the Democratic National Committee’s email servers and sharing private data, possibly to help Trump win the November election, which has underscored concerns about his campaign’s ties to the former Soviet Union.

Fox News anchor Bret Baier asked Will about those concerns, although he pointed out that even Democratic lawmakers have not drawn a direct link between Trump and Russia.

“Well, it’s the sort of thing we might learn if we saw the candidates’ tax returns,” Will said. “Perhaps one more reason why we’re not seeing his tax returns, because he is deeply involved in dealing with Russia oligarchs and others. Whether that’s good, bad or indifferent, it’s probably the reasonable surmise.”

-snip-

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/george-will-trump-wont-release-tax-returns-because-they-show-his-ties-to-russian-oligarchs/
giujohn

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 02:31 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Oh you know what I heard I heard that Trump is a Manchurian Candidate she's been brainwashed by the Russians and on a signal from Putin he's going to launch a nuclear strike against Eastern Europe ...oh no Mr. Bill!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 26 Jul, 2016 02:37 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
We all know and understand that Trump is hiding something important in his tax returns.
He can't be trusted is the message to most people with any sense. Trump apologists only understand that Trump is wealthy, and nothing else. According to fact check, he's also a liar.
Politifact calls Trump "king of whoppers."
Builder

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 02:31 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
He can't be trusted is the message to most people with any sense.

Neither can Dillary. Need more options.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 06:06 am
@Builder,
The two options we have are Hilary and Donald.

Hilary by a mile.
engineer

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 06:48 am
@bobsal u1553115,
If Trump had such connections, they would not show up on this tax returns. His returns will show income from various corporations that Trump owns. That is a standard business practice to protect the owners from liability and if someone wants to investigate those, they're not secret. The tax return thing is a red herring.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 06:57 am
@engineer,
http://media.cagle.com/73/2016/07/26/182647_600.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 06:58 am
@engineer,
I'd settle for his effective tax rate. Mitt Romney did not want to admit his was less than 14%. I bet yours is over 20%. Mine sure is.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 07:41 am
@engineer,
So you don't think he has anything he doesn't want revealed in his tax records?
engineer

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 07:44 am
@snood,
I think what he doesn't want revealed is how poor a businessman he really is. I doubt he is pulling in anywhere near what he suggests he is, but that is really irrelevant. I don't think the public has an automatic right to see a politician's tax return. That applies as much to Trump as it does to anyone else.
snood

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 07:51 am
@engineer,
Speaking of what applies to everyone, why should he not release his tax records when everyone else has?
It's irrelevant to you, that he is not as rich as what he represents himself to be?
You believe Trump's returns are no one's business but Trump's?
engineer

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 08:12 am
@snood,
Essentially yes, Trump's taxes are Trump's business. For some reason, it has become fun to demand politicians release their tax returns. I guess it makes it easy for reporters to write fluff pieces. Just because "everyone else has" doesn't mean anyone has to. There is no law concerning it. We don't demand it of senators or governors or city councilmen. I remember when B. Clinton was running, the press had a good time talking about how big a deduction he took for donating his used underwear to charity. Did that forward the discussion about the issues of the day? I think not. Would Trump's tax returns make salacious reading. Probably. Would it clarify Trump's policy positions. No.
snood

Wed 27 Jul, 2016 08:43 am
@engineer,
A big part of the whole foundation upon which people base their belief that Trump is a substantial person whose aspirations to head the most powerful bureaucracy on the planet and credibly represent this country on the world stage is his storied business acumen. It is what his entire persona is based upon. For that reason alone, the record of Trump's financial history - more so than any other person who has ever vied for the presidency - should be available to the public. And I believe it's a hell of a lot more relevant in his case than just fodder for a gossip rag. No, there is no law against withholding them. But at the very, very least his refusal to reveal the record of his true financial status should inform people's estimation of what he truly is - whether it is "huge", or hype.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)