jcboy

Wed 26 Aug, 2015 04:57 pm
Donald Trump is perfection. The Bible is his favorite book but he won't name his favorite verse because it's too personal. He also likes the Old and New Testaments equally. The reality is that he's rich and happy and doesn't give a **** about pleasing Bible thumping nut jobs but he chose to be Republican so he can't say that. Cool

Donald Trump Declares His Favorite Book Is 'the Bible;' Prophet Says God Told Him Billionaire Is His 'Trumpet' to America

Quote:
When it comes to books in the world of 2016 GOP presidential frontrunner Donald Trump, "nothing beats the Bible." No, not even his second favorite book which he wrote himself, The Art of the Deal.

http://images.christianpost.com/full/85667/donald-trump-jeremiah-johnson.jpg
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 27 Aug, 2015 12:00 pm
Quote:
While political scientists and other experts continue to insist Trump will not win the Republican nomination, he’s converted at least one high-profile skeptic.

GOP pollster Frank Luntz had dismissed Trump from the start, and declared after the first presidential debate that his campaign was doomed.

But after convening a focus group on Monday evening, in which Trump supporters showed an unflappable allegiance, Luntz changed his tune.

“This is real. I’m having trouble processing,” he said, according to Time.

“I want to put the Republican leadership behind this mirror and let them see. They need to wake up. They don’t realize how the grassroots have abandoned them,” he added.

Polling experts, including Marist College’s Lee Miringoff, say Trump is weathering political storms that would doom other candidates because his appeal is more about attitude than ideology.

While many of Trump’s supporters identify as strong conservatives, some of the policies he’s proposed — including increased spending on the border and higher taxes on the wealthy — have prompted accusations from rivals, like former Fla. Gov. Jeb Bush, that he isn’t a true conservative.

Miringoff said he doesn’t expect those attacks to stick.

“This is the next step of the Tea Party — someone who can tap into the sentiment that people have about all the frustration and turn it into, ‘We are going to make America great again,’” he said.

“This is not a policy paper.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/252066-pollsters-dumbfounded-by-trump

This reminds me of a Mad Men episode where Don wanted Pete fired, he thought Pete was so out of line with something that he did that Roger and Bert had to fire Pete. In the Berts office Don tells both something to the effect "He has to go, there are rules". Without a beat Bert says " there are other rules". Basically Pete cant be fired because he is the firms only connection to the old money families.

Donald Trump is Pete

THe political elite are Don

the masses are Bert
hawkeye10

Thu 27 Aug, 2015 12:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
BTW: Nobody who has been listening to me over the last 5 years should be at all surprised by the rise of Donald Trump, that the rules of the elite have been shown to be massively depowered, that the elite are far along the doom of losing their followers. I have consistently been one of the few people here who have shown that they know what is going on in this country, most of the rest of you have been content to consume the elites propaganda and then call yourself educated.

Not.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 27 Aug, 2015 06:23 pm
@snood,
We need to remember that it one year to the convention, eight months to the primaries season to start.

He'll be a foot note by August.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 27 Aug, 2015 06:25 pm
@revelette2,
Wanting and getting are different things. Aisles would hire him if he could pull O'Rielly's numbers.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 01:43 pm
Quote:
Sarah Palin will interview Donald Trump and Jeb Bush on Friday night on the One America News Network, the former Alaska governor announced on her Facebook page.
Palin, who is serving as a guest host for the channel's "On Point" program, also blasted the media for asking Trump about his favorite Bible verse.
In a Wednesday interview with Bloomberg's Mark Halperin and John Heilemann, Trump declined to name a Bible verse, saying it was too personal and that he didn't want to get into specifics.
"Lamestream media asks GOP personal, spiritual 'gotchas' that they'd NEVER ask Hillary," Palin wrote.
"By the way, even with my reading scripture everyday I wouldn't want to answer the guy's question either ... it's none of his business; it IS personal; what the heck does it have to do with serving as commander-in-chief; and these reporters trying to trip up conservatives can go pound sand until they ask the same things of their favored liberal pals," she continued.
Palin will also interview Bush on Friday night in a separate segment, where he will discuss his ebook "Reply All."
One America is a conservative news channel, though it does not have wide distribution or viewership. It is currently available in about 12 million U.S. households, about a tenth the reach of channels like Fox News or CNN, though One America often posts its videos online as well.
Palin and Trump have a long running and positive relationship, as both appeal to a part of the electorate who often feels left out. Trump has previously said he'd support Palin running for president, and when he announced his own candidacy has said he'd consider appointing Palin to his cabinet. When Trump said Sen. John McCain was not a "war hero," Palin, who was McCain's running mate, declined to criticize Trump. Trump has even dipped into the Palin staff pool, hiring a former top aide to Palin, Michael Glassner, as political director.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2015/08/sarah-palin-donald-trump-interview-2016-election-213134#ixzz3k8mB1N7c

Pretty good chance this will be worth the time investment to watch regardless of the viewers politics, and not necessarily for news but maybe.
jcboy

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 06:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Pretty good chance this will be worth the time investment to watch regardless of the viewers politics, and not necessarily for news but maybe.

Why? Is it being shown on comedy central? Cool
Frank Apisa

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 06:38 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

We need to remember that it one year to the convention, eight months to the primaries season to start.

I'd agree with you on that, Bobsal...

...but I remember telling my sister (back in the day) that all her frantic behavior about the Beatles was just theatrics. "A year from now, you will not even remember any of their names," I said!!!

We'll where this all goes. Sure is one of the sillier silly seasons.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 06:39 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

Why? Is it being shown on comedy central? Cool

If it is not...it certainly is where it should be shown.

Either that or on Saturday Night Live.
0 Replies

snood

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 07:12 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

I'm afraid you may be vastly underestimating the depth of feeling that Trump has stirred, and the number of people in which he's stirred it. Willfully blind to the potential horror of a Trump Presidency and full of disdain for so many things, it is a movement that has defied, so far all efforts to pronounce it dead, or even to define and dismissit.
glitterbag

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 08:22 pm
@snood,
I feel like a visitor to River City when the Music Man arrived. That movie was fun, in a con man sort of way, but when that slik'em shiny suit Jersey Boy miracle man actually thinks he can fleece every single taxpayer by becoming the leader of the free world, I get more than a little pissed.
hawkeye10

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 09:57 pm
@snood,
Quote:
I'm afraid you may be vastly underestimating the depth of feeling that Trump has stirred,

Trump is not the cause of anything, he is tapping into something that has been around for awhile, and growing rapidly. I have been for years reporting on this anger of the masses, this hopelessness, this giving up on our feckless leaders.

The issue is that you have not been tuned in enough to feel what was there, even after people like me told you about it.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 02:04 am
@glitterbag,
This guy ain't going to be the leader of the free world, no matter what. I'll be damned if even the Brits follow his 'lead'.
glitterbag

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 07:06 am
@Olivier5,
I said that HE seems to think its possible, his chutzpah alone pisses me off.
0 Replies

revelette2

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 08:05 am
@glitterbag,
Me, I get more scared every day we are going to be stupid enough to elect him.
ossobuco

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 08:08 am
@snood,
Yeh, I find it scary, and hope bobsal is right.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 08:09 am
@revelette2,
Hah, we posted the same thought at approximately the same time.
revelette2

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 08:14 am
@ossobuco,
I imagine more people around the world and the ones not showing up for Trump rallies are thinking the same.
0 Replies

jcboy

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 12:35 pm
She's a god damn idiot Cool

ossobuco

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 12:39 pm
@jcboy,
I can't bring myself to watch.
0 Replies