giujohn

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 04:27 pm
@blatham,

January 10, 2016

Here's what 'constitutional scholar' Obama really taught at law school

By Karin McQuillan

Among the lies about himself Obama consistently repeats is that he was a constitutional law professor. 

Lie one:  Obama was never a professor; he was a lecturer.  He did not have the qualifications to be a professor.  Obama never published a single law paper.  He was hired by the University of Chicago when they learned he had been given a book contract on race and law directly after graduating from Harvard.  There was no book – just the contract, which he later reneged on.  This is not the normal level of accomplishment for a University of Chicago professor or even lecturer.

Obama was not capable of writing, and eventually, after failing to deliver, he changed it to a memoir, which he also struggled with.  Finally, he asked Bill Ayers to write his memoir for him, using tapes that Michelle dropped off at the Ayerses'. 

Lie two: Obama did not specialize in the Constitution.  Obama cared about and taught only one subject: race.  One course was about race in the Constitution.  It is on this flimsy basis that he attempts to pawn himself off as a constitutional scholar.

As the New York Times explains, Obama the lecturer taught three subjects only: "race, rights and gender."

His most traditional course was in the due process and equal protection areas of constitutional law. His voting rights class traced the evolution of election law, from the disenfranchisement of blacks to contemporary debates over districting and campaign finance. …His most original course, a historical and political seminar as much as a legal one, was on racism and law…

[In] one class on race, he imitated the way clueless white people talked. "Why are your friends at the housing projects shooting each other?" he asked in a mock-innocent voice. ...

Mr. Obama was especially eager for his charges to understand the horrors of the past, students say. He assigned a 1919 catalog of lynching victims, including some who were first raped or stripped of their ears and fingers, others who were pregnant or lynched with their children, and some whose charred bodies were sold off, bone fragment by bone fragment, to gawkers. … "Are there legal remedies that alleviate not just existing racism, but racism from the past?" Adam Gross, now a public interest lawyer in Chicago, wrote in his class notes in April 1994.

In what even some fans saw as self-absorption, Mr. Obama's hypothetical cases occasionally featured himself. "Take Barack Obama, there's a good-looking guy," he would introduce a twisty legal case.

Liberals flocked to his classes[.] … After all, the professor was a progressive politician[.]

Lie three: Obama calls himself a constitutional law prof to imply that he loves the Constitution.  Obama gives the lie to this himself.  He is on record – literally, a radio interview done when he was a lecturer – slamming the Supreme Court's interpretation of the Constitution because they never tried to invent a right to "redistribute wealth" – a failing he describes as a "tragedy of the civil rights movement."  Obama laments the constraints on government power (what we would call liberty) imposed by our Constitution.   Obama himself contrasts following the Constitution with being a community organizer, creating "coalitions of power," which could "redistribute wealth" and create "economic justice."

giujohn

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 04:34 pm
This one is rich:
It has been learned that the breach of the DNC emails and the leak to WikiLeaks was done by the Russian government. Does anybody for even a moment think that Hillary's emails we're not read by our enemies?
Debbie Wasserman Schultz had to step down for not safeguarding the DNC emails shouldn't we demand the same for Hillary? While the DNC emails deal with duplicity and devious tactics, Hillary's emails jeopardized the Safety and Security of the United States and US Personnel overseas.
blatham

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 04:36 pm
@giujohn,
Yes. Your data sources are impeccable as befits a scholar, such as yourself. And you are now on ignore. Nothing personal, you're just not very bright.
cicerone imposter

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 04:55 pm
@blatham,
I'm just surprised you didn't have him on Ignore long before now.
giujohn

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 05:19 pm
@blatham,
I understand you don't like the messenger... But then there's no accounting for taste... However you can't argue with the message; and I make note that you haven't.
giujohn

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 05:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I thought you were supposed to have me on ignore... What happened did you get lonely for abuse?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 05:57 pm
@roger,
Let me throw this out if I may. Trump made 2 million dollars. A 12% flat tax would cost him $240,000. He has 1million, 760,000 dollars left. I'm a working puke who makes $20,000 a year. I have $17,600 left to spend. Who was hurt more by my flat tax? Trump?
RABEL222

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 06:04 pm
@blatham,
Wasting your time. Glujohn don't care about no fuking facts. Only his opinion counts as far as he is concerned. I just flow right past his ridiculous posts.
snood

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 06:14 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Yes. Your data sources are impeccable as befits a scholar, such as yourself. And you are now on ignore. Nothing personal, you're just not very bright.

I only read his stuff for about two days before putting him on ignore. You fought the good fight. You're a better man than I, Gunga.
giujohn

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 06:14 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Wasting your time. Glujohn don't care about no fuking facts. Only his opinion counts as far as he is concerned. I just flow right past his ridiculous posts and down the drain into the cesspool where I belong along with the other waste.

0 Replies

roger

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 07:06 pm
@RABEL222,
I did not understand that anyone would take my post to be in favor of a flat tax. Some made an example of someone having a large sum of money compared to someone else. I really thought it was worth making the point that taxing wealth was distinctly different than taxing income as is conventional - with exceptions noted by CI.

I see I failed again, but glad to see that you are now referring to income (made) instead of assets.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 07:33 pm
@snood,
I fight with myself about the matter of arguing with folks ad infinitum, which I don't have the patience for; the possibility of ignoring; and the later matter of no one countering stupidity (what is stupid to any of us will vary, natcb.) Then there is the whole question of feeding.

I haven't resolved what I think about all of it.
snood

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 07:37 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

I fight with myself about the matter of arguing with folks ad infinitum, which I don't have the patience for; the possibility of ignoring; and the later matter of no one countering stupidity (what is stupid to any of us will vary, natcb.) Then there is the whole question of feeding.

I haven't resolved what I think about all of it.

Smile Take your time, osso. The stupid and the arguing ain't going anywhere.
ossobucotemp

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 08:27 pm
@snood,
Very Happy
I have been.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 03:53 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

I understand you don't like the messenger...

Only messengers from Fuckwit Central.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 05:56 am
@giujohn,

The Life and Legal Career of President Barack Obama

by Mary Waldron

http://www.lawcrossing.com/article/4162/Taking-His-Law-Career-to-the-Next-Level-Presidential-Hopeful-Barack-Obama/

<<Many people may not realize it, but junior United States Senator from Illinois and current Democratic front-runner in the 2008 U.S. presidential election Barack Obama is actually an attorney. Obama's background includes community organizing, university lecturing, and practicing as a civil rights attorney.

Obama grew up in Hawaii and lived in Jakarta, Indonesia, for four years before he returned to Hawaii to finish high school. After graduating from high school, Obama moved to California and attended Occidental College for two years.

Lawcrossing.com

Obama next went on to continue his education in New York City, transferring to Columbia University to study political science with an emphasis in international relations. Obama earned his bachelor's degree in 1983, and he quickly got active in the business world.

Upon college graduation Obama went to work for Business International Corporation and the New York Public Interest Research Group. Two years later he picked up and moved to Chicago, where he worked as a community organizer.

Within the next couple of years, Obama decided to return to college to get a higher degree in law. He chose to get his law degree at Harvard Law School, entering in 1988.

Obama excelled at Harvard Law and was elected the president of the Harvard Law Review. Little did he know that he was making history. The New York Times reported that Obama was the "first black president in its 104-year history."

In 1991 Obama graduated with his J.D. magna cum laude. Immediately after finishing law school, Obama jetted back to Chicago to head a voter registration drive. He was also offered a book deal, so he soon began to write his first book, Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance.

In Dreams from My Father, a memoir, Obama discusses his journey through life and his struggle with racial identity, as his mother was a Caucasian American and his father was a Kenyan man. Obama also talks about his relationship with his father, who left early in his life, returning to his homeland. Obama discusses traveling to Africa, even after his father's death, to find closure. The book was released in 1995.

Next, Obama got started on his career in the legal industry. Obama accepted an associate attorney position with Illinois civil litigation law firm Miner, Barnhill & Galland in 1993. He remained at that law firm for three years. During his stay at the law firm, staying true to his passions, Obama represented a variety of community organizers, discrimination claims, and voting rights cases.

In 1993 Obama also began working as a constitutional law lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School. He continued lecturing until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004.

Obama was first elected to the Illinois Senate in 1996 and was reelected in 1998 and 2002. In 2003 Obama became the chairman of the Health and Human Services Committee. He served in the Illinois Senate for a total of eight years.

Obama ran for the U.S. Senate in 2004 against Republican Alan Keyes. Some of the issues they debated were stem cell research, abortion, gun control, school vouchers, and tax cuts. Obama was elected by a large margin, becoming the third African American since Reconstruction to be elected to the U.S. Senate.

During his time in the U.S. Senate, Obama co-sponsored bipartisan legislation for issues such as controlling conventional weapons and promotion of greater public accountability in the use of federal funding.

In February 2007 Obama announced his presidential campaign. He is now up against Hillary Clinton for the Democratic presidential nomination. Some of the issues Clinton and Obama have debated are the Iraq War, increasing energy independence, and providing universal healthcare.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 05:58 am
@cicerone imposter,
The only way ignore is going to work is if everyone ignores him.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 05:59 am
@giujohn,
Who is Karin Quinlin?
What is the source of this tripe?
izzythepush

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 06:10 am
@bobsal u1553115,
She was the woman in a coma for umpteen years while lawyers argued about whether or not to disconnect the machines. Sounds like a suitable source for Giu, someone who's certifiably braindead.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 06:23 am
@izzythepush,
That Karin Quinlin? Giu wrote that article of the top of his pointy little head?