Blickers

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 07:26 am
@giujohn,
Quote giujohn:
Quote:
Yes I am frightened... I'm frightened that this country will be turned over to a liar, a perjurer, someone whose only qualification is that they believe they are entitled to be president someone who will do anything to obtain that position....

When Bill Clinton was president, the country GAINED 16 Million Full Time jobs in his two terms. When his Republican conservative successor took over, the country gained only 2 Milllion Full Time jobs and actually lost 2.6 Million Full Time jobs in his final quarter. Now Bill is retired but his wife, who is on the same page as Bill on almost everything, is running for the office.

Full Time jobs, which cuts poverty, which cuts down on crime and murder rates, and has people paying into the Social Security and Medicare funds so the Republicans can't do away with both those programs, even though they have been trying for years. Full Time jobs. Grasp the concept.

You Trump supporters talk about vague, fuzzy crap that you think is principle. I vote for people who have their feet on the ground and have proven that they know how to make this wonderful economy and country work for the good of the people. That's why I am looking forward to another term of a Clinton in the White House. That's why I'm voting Hillary.
Blickers

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 08:03 am
Say, one question about all these Trump kids giving speeches in prime time at the convention because they couldn't find many people outside his family to vouch for him: Isn't that like when someone is on trial for committing a terrible, vicious crime and the only people they can find for a character witness is the defendant's mother?
DrewDad

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 08:11 am
@Blickers,
Bingo!

Also, I've wondered if these are paid speaking engagements.
Blickers

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 08:26 am
@DrewDad,
That's true. I want Congress to start an investigation immediately into how much money these Trump kids are getting paid to talk for Dad.

After all, we already know Trump hired actors to fill the room and applaud him when he first announced he was running. So this is his established modus operandi.
DrewDad

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 08:33 am
@Blickers,
Well, there's a reason folks are calling it a scampaign.
0 Replies

giujohn

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 09:15 am
@Blickers,
Hey let me ask you a question now that we are 19 trillion dollars in debt how is Hillary going to pay for all the promises he's made and all the free stuff she's going to give us?
parados

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 09:18 am
@giujohn,
Have you bothered to check the estimates on what Hillary and the Donald have promised compared to the proposed cost of actually doing what they promise?

http://www.crfb.org/papers/promises-and-price-tags-fiscal-guide-2016-election
giujohn

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 09:20 am
@Blickers,
I see you're pretty good at rewriting history but then again that's what the liberals do. Seems to me Bill got lucky and two counts one he came in at the tail end of Reaganomics and 2 he had a republican-controlled Congress that was exercising physical restraint... Guess you forgot about all that huh.
DrewDad

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 09:30 am
@parados,
Trump Succeeds in Delivering Speech No One Will Want to Plagiarize

Quote:
CLEVELAND (The Borowitz Report)—Donald J. Trump was jubilant Thursday night after accomplishing his goal of delivering a speech that no one will ever want to plagiarize, Trump aides confirmed.

According to his staff, Trump and his speechwriters had been working overtime during the week to create a tirade that was sufficiently bloated, unhinged, and terrifying to discourage potential plagiarists from reusing excerpts in the future.

Paul Manafort, Trump’s campaign manager, said that, right until the hour the candidate took the stage, the billionaire’s writing team was scrubbing the speech of any marginally coherent passages that might prove tempting to plagiarists.

“There was one sentence toward the beginning that had traces of humanity and rational thought,” Manafort said. “Fortunately, we caught it in time.”

Watching from backstage on Thursday night, Manafort and the speechwriters erupted into a flurry of high-fives when it became clear that the speech was the rambling, demented mess they had worked so hard to create. “From the moment Mr. Trump started shrieking and his entire head turned red, we knew we had nailed it,” he said.

Harland Dorrinson, a leading plagiarism expert, shared the campaign’s assessment that the final draft of Trump’s seventy-minute rant was too repellent to entice even the least discerning plagiarist.

“I can’t see anyone lifting anything from that speech unless he wanted to sound totally batshit crazy,” he said.
0 Replies

parados

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 09:31 am
@giujohn,
Blickers only stated it happened when Bill Clinton was president.

Clinton was President. Clinton worked with Congress. The budget was balanced under Clinton. Those are facts. Because you don't like the facts, you want to make excuses.

It seems to be you that is attempting to rewrite history here by making excuses about how Clinton wasn't involved but only got lucky. Arguing that Reaganomics was the cause would be you rewriting history since in order to do so you must completely ignore the 1990-1991 recession and the tax increases under Reagan and Bush. There are many reasons for the balanced budget. One of which had nothing to do with politics. The tech boom with the market bubble increased revenues dramatically. Then Bush came in and the Republicans simply pretended the bubble never burst and the economy would keep on growing at the same pace so they could give tax breaks that quickly caused deficits that ballooned dramatically with the recession at the end of Bush's term.

0 Replies

giujohn

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 09:42 am
What it boils down to is Republicans will reduce taxes to Spur growth... Democrats will increase taxes and spend more on entitlements... now if that isn't enough if I had my choice between someone who lies to the public continually places the United States and its people in jeopardy by her actions and who will continually apologize for the United States or a billionaire businessman who apparently is too Brash and Politically Incorrect who believes in American exceptionalism and we'll put America first I will take the latter
parados

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 10:00 am
@giujohn,
You do seem to love not living in reality, don't you?

Reducing taxes increases the deficit and ultimately the debt. You were just saying you couldn't vote for Hillary because the debt would increase if she was elected. Is your reason not valid for all candidates? Or are you just in search of excuses to justify your emotional choice?
revelette2

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 10:11 am
Quote:
Jon Stewart tears into Trump supporters: 'This country isn't yours'

Jon Stewart sat behind Stephen Colbert's desk on Thursday night following the Republican National Convention and provided a furious rebuke to the commentary offered during the four-day event.

The Republicans appear to have a very clear plan for America. They articulated it throughout the convention. No. 1, jail your political opponent. No. 2, inject Rudy Giuliani with a speedball and a Red Bull enema. And then No. 3, spend the rest of the time scaring the holy bejesus out of everybody," Stewart joked on Thursday's episode of The Late Show.

Stewart mocked conservative media, particularly Sean Hannity, for how it has embraced Donald Trump as a candidate, despite the fact he shares many traits Conservatives slammed Barack Obama for possessing, including a reliance on teleprompters.

He then addressed Hannity and other Republicans about their hypocrisy in supporting Trump for president. "You just want that person to give you your country back, because you feel you're this country's rightful owners," Stewart said. "There's only one problem with that: This country isn't yours. You don't own it. It never was. There is no real America. You don't own it. You don't own patriotism. You don't own Christianity. You sure as hell don't own respect for the bravery and sacrifice of military, police, and firefighters. Trust me. I saw a lot of people on the convention floor with their Blue Lives Matter rhetoric, who either remained silent or actively fought against the 9/11 first responders bill reauthorization. I see you, and I see your bulls---. I see it!"

The former Daily Show host closed his speech by slamming Republicans for not being true to the Founding Fathers -- while also getting in a reference to Hamilton.

"You've got a problem with those Americans fighting for their place at the table. You got a problem with them because you feel like -- what's Rep. Steve King's word for it? -- subgroups of America are being divisive. If you have a problem with that then take it up with the founders. We hold these truths to be self evident," Stewart said, before singing, "that all men are created equal" in the style of the Hamilton song "The Schuyler Sisters." He finished by giving a shoutout to Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda and offering a plea for inclusion.

"Those fighting to be included in the ideal of equality are not being divisive; those fighting to keep those people out are," Stewart said.

source
0 Replies

giujohn

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 10:20 am
@parados,
Reducing taxes historically have never increased the deficit or the debt just the opposite increasing taxes have always increased the deficit and debt because when you increase taxes Washington spends more and so will Billary. Reducing taxes increases efficient business investment and that's good for everybody. More jobs for more people means more people are paying taxes as long as the tax code is fair... We are the highest taxed nation in the world we have a 19 trillion dollar deficit... You don't have to be a genius to figure it out. Along with reducing taxes comes Common Sense trade agreements that puts America first and doesn't allow countries like China to manipulate their currency... One of the biggest problems we have with China Falls right at the doorstep of the clintons... But hey you go right along living in your little liberal world and drink the green Kool-Aid offered by Billary
Walter Hinteler

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 10:25 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
We are the highest taxed nation in the world
Data from 2014, the most recent year available, shows that the United States isn’t the most highly taxed but actually places near the bottom/around the middle > see here
Blickers

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 10:25 am
@giujohn,
Quote giujohn:
Quote:
Seems to me Bill got lucky and two counts one he came in at the tail end of Reaganomics and 2 he had a republican-controlled Congress that was exercising physical restraint...

One. If he was lucky he came in at the tail end of Reaganomics, then why did the GDP go up higher under Bill Clinton than it did under Reagan's vice president, Bush 41? You aren't riding anyone's tailwind if you going up faster than them.

Here's the inflation-adjusted GDP growth for Bush 41's term and Clinton's two terms. Clinton took office in Jan 1992. As you can see, the economy went sharply up under Clinton, so nothing in your "analysis" is based on reality.

http://cdn.tradingeconomics.com/charts/united-states-gdp-constant-prices.png?s=unitedstagdpconpri&v=201607041831n&d1=19890101&d2=20001231

Two. I'll believe that Republicans truly believe that the Republican Congress is responsible for the good economic times under Clinton when I hear a bunch of Republicans talk about the economy of the 1980s and say, "Ronny who? Three cheers for Tip O'Neil !! "
revelette2

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 10:33 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Hi there Walter. Long time no see.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 10:33 am
@Blickers,
History has proven that our economy does better under democratic presidents. That's a fact easy to find on the Internet.
parados

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 11:48 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
Reducing taxes historically have never increased the deficit or the debt just the opposite increasing taxes have always increased the deficit and debt because when you increase taxes Washington spends more and so will Billary

Except you are WRONG. History proves you wrong. The data proves you wrong. Charts prove you wrong. Reality proves you wrong.

Reagan reduced taxes and the deficit went up.
Clinton increased taxes and the deficit went down.
Bush reduced taxes and the deficit went up.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/include/usgs_chart4p04.png
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/debt_deficit_history

I am hardly the one drinking Kool-Aid. I have data and statistics. What do you have?

Perhaps you are confused about the meaning of the word "never" and yet you used it. I have provided 3 instances of what you said "never" happened. I would love to see you provide a single instance of where increasing taxes increased the deficit or where decreasing taxes decreased the deficits. Believing in the tooth fairy doesn't make her any more real than your belief in an economic reality that doesn't exist.
0 Replies

giujohn

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 11:51 am
@cicerone imposter,
No that's not quite right history shows that it does better with a Democratic president but with the Republican Congress... But that's before Obama decided that he had more power than Congress ignore the separation of powers and decided to make legislation by executive Fiat