BillRM

Wed 4 May, 2016 11:17 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Both the BLM and the KKK have race as a requirement for membership and both go out of their way to insult and degrade people that do not happen to share their skin color.

Kind of funny as NOW [national organization of women] is or was at least open to males and I was a proud member with a card and all for a number of years in the late 1970s.

Only leaving them when the local branch of NOW would not help me in find aid for a local woman that was being beaten by her husband. This was before the police gave a **** about a woman being beaten by her husband or for that matter there being women shelters.
BillRM

Wed 4 May, 2016 11:34 pm
@BillRM,
Interesting footnote the lady that was being beaten by her husband ended up being help by a hell of a lot of people both male and female people and she was moved from northern Florida to Las Vegas and set up in an apartment and a job.

She live there for a number of years until she decided to recontact her husband and he convince her that he had change and she should move back to him.

It was a matter of days before she ended up back in the local hospital after another beating.

When I hear about it I as was mad as hell not at her husband but at her for throwing all the time and money that was invested in making her safe away.

Never learn what the finial outcome was as I would not allow anyone to tell me.

0 Replies

Builder

Wed 4 May, 2016 11:37 pm
@snood,
Quote:
...what I do know saddens me beyond words.

He doesn't seem to have many backers within his own party, despite the "uniting" rhetoric.

http://usuncut.com/politics/clinton-anti-trump-attack-ad-fail/

And Dillary isn't getting much positive feedback for sponsoring this video.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 5 May, 2016 02:44 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

I don't know about anyone else, but how far Trump has gotten scares the **** outta me.

Me too, but I still think he's preferable to Cruz.
Builder

Thu 5 May, 2016 03:27 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I still think he's preferable to Cruz.

Which points to what, in the republican party?
0 Replies

snood

Thu 5 May, 2016 03:30 am
@izzythepush,
The choice between those two is like Lindsey Graham said, between gunshot or poison. Yeah, Trump is probably less dangerous than the bible thumping Joe McCarthy clone. In any case, now we are living in a world where a man like Donald Trump can be the representative of a major party in the United States. I'll be shaking my head for a while.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Thu 5 May, 2016 05:19 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

I would love to hear one (and only one) example of Trump's racism, but I expect instead a response consisting of distractions and ad hominems.

Donald Trump on Sunday, November 22nd, 2015 in a tweet wrote:
Says crime statistics show blacks kill 81 percent of white homicide victims.

Details

I hasn't heard about that tweet and it's troubling. My point was that wanting immigration laws enforced isn't racist. As to that tweet, I would like to see it in the context of surrounding tweets, but, yes, it's troubling. I don't blame him so much for getting his facts wrong - anyone can make a mistake - but I wonder why he thought it was relevant to anything or what point he thought he was making.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 5 May, 2016 06:31 am
@Lash,
I'm surprised they both didn't (Kasich dropped out last night) stay in. If Trump was short even one vote Kasiches eight or so could have been golden to dealing with Cruz. Makes you wonder what the grand deal was we don't know about.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 5 May, 2016 06:33 am
@snood,
Quote:
I don't know about anyone else, but how far Trump has gotten scares the **** outta me.

I don't think in a million years that in the beginning Trump was serious about a run. I think he may be a little freaked out about his successful campaign, too.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 5 May, 2016 06:37 am
rump's new abortion comment is insane. I mean that literally.
It's incredibly incoherent to begin with, a heaping bowl of word salad. It clarifies nothing.

<snip>

But after becoming the Republican presumptive nominee this week, MSNBC’s Willie Geist asked Trump if he still believed that to be true.

No, he was asking me a theoretical, or just a question in theory, and I talked about it only from that standpoint. Of course not. And that was done, he said, you know, I guess it was theoretically, but he was asking a rhetorical question, and I gave an answer. And by the way, people thought from an academic standpoint, and, asked rhetorically, people said that answer was an unbelievable academic answer! But of course not, and I said that afterwards.

As Slate’s Ben Mathis-Lilley observed, the word salad response from the candidate “is one of the most garbled sacks of nonsense verbiage that has been emitted in the history of human civilization.”

“At no point in this rambling, incoherent response was Donald Trump even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone who clicked the video above is now dumber for having listened to it.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/trumps-80-word-explanation-about-punishing-women-for-abortion-will-make-you-instantly-dumber/
bobsal u1553115

Thu 5 May, 2016 06:38 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Chkvyl4UkAE7fqW.jpg
0 Replies

snood

Thu 5 May, 2016 06:44 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Quote:

I don't think in a million years that in the beginning Trump was serious about a run. I think he may be a little freaked out about his successful campaign, too.

Yeah, I think I've seen in his eyes a bit of that slowly dawning, terrifying realization that he seriously is in a contest to run the executive branch of the government and be the commander in chief and head of state. It's all fun and games until you're actually in line for the job.
ossobuco

Thu 5 May, 2016 07:47 am
@snood,
I know I mentioned a couple or three times that Trump might be just playing/not serious/etc. but also have not been sure because of his utterances.
Meantime, a lot of voters for him are taking him seriously in any case, and that's the scarier part of this.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Thu 5 May, 2016 08:02 am
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/Matt%20homepage/0505-MATT-PORTAL-WEB-P1-small.png
Setanta

Thu 5 May, 2016 08:04 am
Hehehehehehe . . .
0 Replies

snood

Thu 5 May, 2016 08:07 am
@Lordyaswas,
You're on a roll!
snood

Thu 5 May, 2016 08:27 am
A Racist, Sexist Lying Con Man Sits Atop The Party Of Lincoln -
Congratulations, America

An excerpt:
Trump’s open racism should come as no surprise. Many people learn how to approach the world from their parents. Trump’s father, Fred Trump, was arrested at a Ku Klux Klan rally in 1927. None other than the great political songwriter Woody Guthrie singled Fred Trump out as a vicious racist. In the 1970s, Trump and his father were sued by the Justice Department for systematically refusing to rent their apartments to black tenants. A decade later, Trump took out full-page ads calling for the execution of five young black men who were accused — falsely, it turned out — of raping and savagely beating a jogger in Central Park.

Trump’s racially tinged presidential campaign is part of a continuum that goes back to the 1980s and a refinement of the Southern strategy, a political plan devised by former Reagan campaign guru Lee Atwater and former Nixon aide Roger Stone, according to Trump biographer Wayne Barrett.

“The Southern strategy was, ‘Let’s make the Democrats the black party and the Republicans the white party,’” Barrett said in an interview. “Trump was very close to the Reagan people.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-racist_us_572a105fe4b096e9f08fd0c9
izzythepush

Thu 5 May, 2016 08:29 am
@snood,
And that's the Torygraph.
snood

Thu 5 May, 2016 08:43 am
@izzythepush,
I'll bite. Whatsa Torygraph?
BillRM

Thu 5 May, 2016 10:15 am
@snood,
I question if Trump is a racist just a self center conman with no respect for anyone but himself with no regards for the color of his 'victims' skins color.

Next how does his father being a member of the KKK before he was born, if true, reflect on him?

Then guilt by association with the Reagan administration of all things.

There are many many things that you can attack Trump for without reaching to long before he was born or using guilt by association.
0 Replies