bobsal u1553115

Sun 10 Apr, 2016 07:13 am
@Builder,
Quote:
just here to make dillary look sane/r.

Like the way syphilis makes gonorrhea seem "progressive".
Builder

Mon 11 Apr, 2016 01:05 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Like the way syphilis makes gonorrhea seem "progressive".

Does it? I have no experience with either STD.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 11 Apr, 2016 05:50 am
How Joseph McCarthy henchman Roy Cohn became Donald Trump’s mentor.
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/04/donald-trump-roy-cohn-mentor-joseph-mccarthy-213799

It was the fall of 1984, Trump Tower was new, and this was unusual territory for the 38-year-old real estate developer. He was three years away from his first semi-serious dalliance with presidential politics, more than 30 years before the beginning of his current campaign—but he had gotten the idea to bring this up, he said, from his attorney, his good friend and his closest adviser, Roy Cohn.

That Roy Cohn.

Roy Cohn, the lurking legal hit man for red-baiting Sen. Joe McCarthy, whose reign of televised intimidation in the 1950s has become synonymous with demagoguery, fear-mongering and character assassination. In the formative years of Donald Trump’s career, when he went from a rich kid working for his real estate-developing father to a top-line dealmaker in his own right, Cohn was one of the most powerful influences and helpful contacts in Trump’s life.

Over a 13-year-period, ending shortly before Cohn’s death in 1986, Cohn brought his say-anything, win-at-all-costs style to all of Trump’s most notable legal and business deals. Interviews with people who knew both men at the time say the relationship ran deeper than that—that Cohn’s philosophy shaped the real estate mogul’s worldview and the belligerent public persona visible in Trump’s presidential campaign.

“Something Cohn had, Donald liked,” Susan Bell, Cohn’s longtime secretary, said this week when I asked her about the relationship between her old boss and Trump.
Brand X

Mon 11 Apr, 2016 10:50 am
Trump's kids won't be voting for him in New York because just like his campaign team.....

"They were unaware of the rules and they didn't register in time," Trump said this morning on “Fox and Friends.” "So Eric and Ivanka, I guess, won't be voting."

Or maybe they needed an out not to vote for him.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trumps-kids-eric-ivanka-miss-deadline-vote/story?id=38303943
ehBeth

Mon 11 Apr, 2016 01:22 pm
@Brand X,
I can't imagine his daughter would have voted for him in any case.

Regardless, it was entertaining news this morning.
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 11 Apr, 2016 01:26 pm
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

Trump's kids won't be voting for him in New York because just like his campaign team.....

"They were unaware of the rules and they didn't register in time," Trump said this morning on “Fox and Friends.” "So Eric and Ivanka, I guess, won't be voting."

Or maybe they needed an out not to vote for him.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trumps-kids-eric-ivanka-miss-deadline-vote/story?id=38303943

This just helps prove that we make voting way to difficult in this country.
engineer

Mon 11 Apr, 2016 02:19 pm
@maporsche,
Still, they are adults of voting age and they haven't even bothered to register?
parados

Mon 11 Apr, 2016 02:42 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Still, they are adults of voting age and they haven't even bothered to register?

It's so much easier to buy a politician than vote for one. (If you are born to the money capable of doing that.)
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 11 Apr, 2016 02:51 pm
@engineer,
They are registered.

They are just registered independents and you need to be a registered republican to vote in New York. The date to change your party affiliation was over 6 months ago.

From NBC
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/two-trump-s-kids-missed-ny-registration-deadline-can-t-n553991

Quote:
according to New York's public Voter Registration Database, both Eric and Ivanka Trump are registered to vote but not enrolled in a political party.
engineer

Mon 11 Apr, 2016 04:48 pm
@maporsche,
That makes me feel better.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 11 Apr, 2016 06:02 pm
I can't believe anything like this can happen in the US.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2016/presidential-election-headquarters?intcmp=subnav

I think this will garner trump more support. Bonehead move by the Globe.
edgarblythe

Mon 11 Apr, 2016 06:42 pm

Andy Borowitz
21 mins ·
No One in Nation Notices Total Disappearance of Chris Christie
0 Replies

ossobuco

Mon 11 Apr, 2016 07:22 pm
@engineer,
This strengthens my sometime thoughts that Trump is running as a jokester.
Naturally, I vary on that, but it might be the whole impetus behind this mess.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Mon 11 Apr, 2016 07:30 pm
@ehBeth,
tnx for the link.

The comment does fit with my unofficial 'he's a jokester' take.

And.. .. .. that hair reminds me of the weeds in my yard (which I must admit are lessening with my efforts).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Mon 11 Apr, 2016 07:47 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
interesting, for sure
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 11 Apr, 2016 08:15 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
I can't believe anything like this can happen in the US.

It had happen in the past in almost every details and if fact far worst for that matter in the US so it can happen in the near future to.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 12 Apr, 2016 02:33 am
@Builder,
You need to get out a bit more.
Builder

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 02:20 am
@izzythepush,
To experience STD's? I have a partner.

We go "out" a couple of times a month to enjoy A la Carte cooking.
izzythepush

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 02:49 am
@Builder,
Lighten up, it's just an off the cuff remark.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 06:10 am
@izzythepush,
He missed it on mine, too. sometimes a joke is a joke. Builder's a good dude.