cicerone imposter

Mon 28 Mar, 2016 03:49 pm
@glitterbag,
Even brain surgeons and rocket scientists are not knowledgeable about politics or management issues. Trump's narrow knowledge base about property management doesn't qualify him to be our president. He seems ignorant about many things including international laws against torture. Many middle class people understand international laws against torture.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 28 Mar, 2016 04:32 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
Furthermore, if he was (or is) a stroke or brain-injury victim, leave his comments unresponsive because he is not willing to disclose it.

That news to me and my doctors even those I did end up in a hospital for a few days after being hit by a car while biking in early January of this year.

I will tell the good doctors that after doing three CRT scans due to worries due to my having been placed on blood thinners a few weeks before the accident and finding nothing but some minor harm done the doctors still miss major damage according to Dr Ragman.

Yes I know if you are too open and share information online assholes will made wild claims of that kind that not even the national enquirer would print.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 28 Mar, 2016 04:37 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
The smarter you are the less you have to tell people how smart you are.

That only apply when the people annoying you are brighter then a pile of rocks.
maporsche

Mon 28 Mar, 2016 04:40 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

No, I think the smarter you are the MORE it applies.
maporsche

Mon 28 Mar, 2016 04:46 pm
The Dunning–Kruger effect has shown that those with lower intelligence or those who are more unskilled tend to overestimate their intelligence or ability while those who are more intelligent or higher skilled tend to underestimate themselves.

Something to consider
BillRM

Mon 28 Mar, 2016 05:05 pm
@maporsche,
You mean that CI and Izzy are super genies as CI for example does not even claimed to had read a history book in his life and take the position that classical history lessons are worthless in dealing with today problems.

As I said dumber than a pile of rocks.
RABEL222

Mon 28 Mar, 2016 05:07 pm
@oralloy,
Oh Ollie, I just got off the floor after laughing so hard I passed out. Youve got to quit throwing out these little nuggets of wisdom or I'm going to have a heart attack!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 28 Mar, 2016 05:09 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
You mean that CI and Izzy are super genies

You just haven't learned the magic words.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Mon 28 Mar, 2016 05:10 pm
@glitterbag,
Trump inherited his money and has been doing his best to lose it all. But its really hard to lose 11 billion dollars.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Mon 28 Mar, 2016 05:44 pm
@maporsche,
I wasn't aware of the Dunning-Krugar effect, but I remember being part of a group that had to determine the skill levels of current employees. We were gathering info in order to design courses to sharpen skills. One part of the process was handing out surveys to linguists and asking them to gauge their skills and if/or what/ types of training they think might be helpful. The filled out surveys were an eye-opener for me, our most talented linguist/reporters seemed to believe they could use more training and the less talented described themselves as expert. ((it was not a survey to downsize))

Truthfully I'm glad I didn't have to fill out the survey, but the upside for me was I was given the opportunity to design classes to address the areas that the linguists wanted more training. I was a little surprised how the folks viewed themselves, but there was no harm done, all of them were qualified, but some were just so much more talented. The uber talented all wanted more training.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 28 Mar, 2016 06:46 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
BillRM wrote:
maporsche wrote:

No, I think the smarter you are the MORE it applies.

Based on the apples v oranges nature of your reply, I suspect that you misunderstood his post.

In circumstances where it does apply, it may well apply to a greater extent to smarter people.

But Bill was saying that in circumstances where stupid people are deciding for themselves who the smart people are, it doesn't apply at all.

In other words, when some dunce is running around accusing a smart person of stupidity, the dunce is simply not going to suddenly recognize that the smart person is actually smart.

On the other hand, there probably is little point in pointing out the truth to a dunce. Bill would be best off just putting all (or at least most) of the stupid people on ignore. Every moment that he wastes responding to a dunce, that's a moment that he could have instead spent in an enlightened conversation with a smart person.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 28 Mar, 2016 10:46 pm
@Lash,
I think you give him too much credit. We keep telling him - a2k first, THEN cocktails.
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 29 Mar, 2016 12:36 am
Geebus, it's all about William now?

I thought this was the Don's thread.....
BillRM

Tue 29 Mar, 2016 04:24 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Geebus, it's all about William now?

I thought this was the Don's thread.....

The mean 'girls' such as CI and Izzy decided it would be more fun to attacked me for now and they can be amusing when they get into that mode if tiresome.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 29 Mar, 2016 05:05 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
The Dunning–Kruger effect has shown that those with lower intelligence or those who are more unskilled tend to overestimate their intelligence or ability while those who are more intelligent or higher skilled tend to underestimate themselves.

And this gets proven here every single day...
0 Replies

parados

Tue 29 Mar, 2016 07:29 am
@oralloy,
Or perhaps the logical conclusion is that a dunce, not recognizing he is a dunce, won't put people on ignore but will instead continue running around accusing smart people of being a dunces while proclaiming he has an IQ of 126 which makes him smarter than anyone else here.
BillRM

Tue 29 Mar, 2016 09:13 am
@parados,
Quote:
IQ of 126

Correction IQ of a 127 not 126 and while it is in the top 5 percents or so it is not enough for a membership in Mensa.

Next my guess is that there is any number of people on this website with higher IQs just not the clowns like you who attacked my intellect while falling so short yourself.
Olivier5

Tue 29 Mar, 2016 09:58 am
@BillRM,
Boasting of your IQ here is not helpful: your enemies won't believe you, and your friends will resent you for it... I never mention my humongous dick, for the same reason. :-)
cicerone imposter

Tue 29 Mar, 2016 10:36 am
@Olivier5,
Let Bill boast about his IQ. Only his English grammar seems to be in need.
cicerone imposter

Tue 29 Mar, 2016 10:41 am
@glitterbag,
Unfortunately, most Americans think he's smart. The polls also show him on top.
0 Replies