Below viewing threshold (view)
snood

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 10:02 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

In my view you have to be willing to look at all sides if you want to know what you are fighting and why.

In my view Donald Trump is manifestly loathsome without further examination.
edgarblythe

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 10:22 am
@snood,
If you don't want to know about him why are you on a thread about him?
ehBeth

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 11:33 am
@snood,
I think it helps my ability to debate / discuss when I know where the other side is coming from (what facts/truthiness they're using).
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 12:04 pm
@snood,
Trump is an avowed racial bigot and xenophobe. He also has many supporters that proves this country is still bigoted. "Build a fence and ban all Muslims?" He doesn't belong in any government position. He doesn't understand the US Constitution.
0 Replies

snood

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 12:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

If you don't want to know about him why are you on a thread about him?

I come to the Trump thread to trash Trump just like you come to any Hillary thread to trash Hillary.
oralloy

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 04:19 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
Those of us who live here know it is really all about resisting segregation. At the local Azalea Festival when local high school girls dress up in their hoop skirts, the guys don their fancy uniforms and the ante bellum mansions open for tours, nobody has ever flown a CBF. The CBF has nothing to do with Southern culture. What is amazing is how many outsiders completely buy that "Southern pride" line.

So all those WWII soldiers and sailors who flew the confederate flag in battle were just making a racist statement?
oralloy

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 04:23 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
But the CBF was completely retired from the end of the Civil War to the beginning of the desegregation movement.

Actually they started flying the flag to honor the hundredth anniversary of the Confederacy.

engineer wrote:
The idea that liberals are just disrespecting Southerners is wrong, we did that to ourselves.

Liberals really do go around falsely accusing everyone of racism. And there is no hiding the way Liberals sneer when they refer to the South, or to rural people, or to people with low incomes.

I'm glad Mr. Trump is going to smash this failed ideology once and for all. I've never met more-hate-filled people.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 04:26 pm
@oralloy,
Yes, it was a racist statement. The confederacy was about the support of slavery.
From Huff Post.
Quote:
The Civil War Was About Slavery. Confederate Leaders Were Totally Clear On This.
BillRM

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 05:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Do you people and the Huff post reporters had ever read a history book in your life??????

The north dependent on cheap but skill labor from Europe for their manufacturing plants and the south dependents on unskill slave labor and these needed two different approaches to international trade and banking laws and tarriffs and so on.
cicerone imposter

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 05:08 pm
@BillRM,
Reading is okay if you know how to determine what is fact or fiction.
Here, learn some 'real/factual' history.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_States_of_America
edgarblythe

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 05:09 pm
@snood,
I don't go there to trash anybody. I tell the truth and if that is called trashing by overzealous partisans, it's not my fault.
edgarblythe

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 07:07 pm
The big problem with Republicans dumping Trump is that the number two candidate at this time is Cruz. I can't call that an improvement.
cicerone imposter

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 07:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
My wife thinks Ted Cruz looks like a gangster. LOL
0 Replies

snood

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 08:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I don't go there to trash anybody. I tell the truth and if that is called trashing by overzealous partisans, it's not my fault.

Bullshit you don't trash Hillary. I like you Ed, but you are not objective and above all this.
edgarblythe

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 08:59 pm
@snood,
Not so. It is the Hillary people as blind as bats.
BillRM

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 09:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sorry but I take my information from economic and trade and such experts not people with an ax to grind over slavery.

0 Replies

snood

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 09:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
You have no compunction about denigrating supporters of Hillary, but all they do is consider the facts and decide she is their choice of a candidate. All those millions of people aren't blind and gullible and stupid, Ed. They consider the facts and come up with a different opinion than yours. You point at them and call them names. Do you think you're somehow intellectually or morally superior to everyone who supports Hillary?
edgarblythe

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 09:20 pm
@snood,
You are 100% wrong about Hillary and Bernie.
snood

Thu 3 Mar, 2016 09:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

You are 100% wrong about Hillary and Bernie.

Tell me what I'm wrong about.
0 Replies