Brand X

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 06:22 am
Does anyone think there were no black racists who voted for Obama?
bobsal u1553115

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 08:33 am
@Brand X,
Do you think any white racists voted for Barack Obama?????????
BillRM

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 09:27 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Do you think any white racists voted for Barack Obama?????????

Interesting question Bob as I had been charge with being a white racist many many times on this website and yet had voted for Obama for President both times he ran.

I also find it amusing that Ben Carson stated that Obama was raised white by the white side of his family and not black whatever being raised white means to him.
BillRM

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 10:12 am
@BillRM,
Love people on both sides of the color barrier being racist.

Quote:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ben-carson-president-obama-raised-white/story?id=37141650

President Obama may be the country’s first black president, but Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson evidently believes Obama was “raised white.”

“He’s an African American,” Carson told Politico’s Glenn Thrush in an interview for his “Off Message” podcast. “He was, you know, raised white.”

Carson, while noting that he was proud of the president for breaking racial barriers with his historic 2008 win, explained that "[Obama's] experience and my experience are night-and-day different. He didn't grow up like I grew up by any stretch of the imagination.”

Carson continued: “Many of his formative years were spent in Indonesia. So, for him to, you know, claim that, you know, he identifies with the experience of black Americans, I think, is a bit of a stretch. Remember now, I’ve been around for 64 years, you know…I’ve had a chance to see what real racism is.”

When asked if he thinks GOP front-runner Donald Trump is racist, Carson demurred.

“I have not witnessed anything that would make me say that about him,” he said.

The former neurosurgeon, who came in last in the South Carolina primary, dismissed the suggestion that he might exit the race anytime soon.

“I don't have any immediate plans of cessation,” he told Thrush.

ABC News has reached out to the White House for comment.
0 Replies

engineer

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 11:39 am
Everyone is talking about the David Duke endorsement, no one is talking about the Jeff Sessions endorsement. That guy is one of the last of the old time segregationists.

Concerning Sessions failed nomination to the District Court under Reagan:
Quote:
At Sessions' confirmation hearings before the Senate Judiciary Committee, four Department of Justice lawyers who had worked with Sessions testified that he had made several racist statements. One of those lawyers, J. Gerald Hebert, testified that Sessions had referred to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) as "un-American" and "Communist-inspired" because they "forced civil rights down the throats of people."

Thomas Figures, a black Assistant U.S. Attorney, testified that Sessions said he thought the Klan was "OK until I found out they smoked pot." Sessions later said that the comment was not serious, but apologized for it. Figures also testified that on one occasion, when the U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division sent the office instructions to investigate a case that Sessions had tried to close, Figures and Sessions "had a very spirited discussion regarding how the Hodge case should then be handled; in the course of that argument, Mr. Sessions threw the file on a table, and remarked, 'I wish I could decline on all of them,'" by which Figures said Sessions meant civil rights cases generally.

Figures also said that Sessions had called him "boy." He also testified that "Mr. Sessions admonished me to 'be careful what you say to white folks.'"
BillRM

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 11:48 am
@engineer,
How in the world is anyone responsible for an endorsement by someone else or responsible for rejecting an endorsement for that matter?

I can see if Trump had Duke in front of cameras doing the endorsement as he had have Christie do but otherwise why should he get tried up in such nonsense?

Please take note I am not repeat am not a supporter of Trump.
engineer

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 11:52 am
@BillRM,
Because he did have Sessoms in front of cameras at his side doing the endorsement just like he had Christie.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/02/28/alabama_senator_jeff_sessions_endorses_donald_trump_at_huntsville_rally.html
BillRM

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 12:40 pm
@engineer,
Let see the man is a US senator and you are talking about claims statements made what 30 plus years ago that are not proven and you are claiming he is the same as Duke or worst then Duke?

Sorry but if Trump or anyone else needed to accept the endorsements of only saints he would have none at all.

Hell Christie and his people shutting down the bridge is far far far far more recent but no one is claiming it bar him from doing an endorsement.
glitterbag

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 12:45 pm
@BillRM,
So, what's your point, Bill or do you even have one?
BillRM

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 12:52 pm
@glitterbag,
Only you can not see my clear point in that posting.

But once more not proven racial statements perhaps made thirty plus years in the past does not made someone the same as Duke and the numbers of saints in the US government at all levels is near zero.
engineer

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 12:57 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Let see the man is a US senator and you are talking about claims statements made what 30 plus years ago that are not proven and you are claiming he is the same as Duke or worst then Duke?

No, I'm saying that Sessions is pretty much the same as Duke, but just not as open about it. (He's admitted some of the comments and others are supported by numerous witnesses, so I'm ok with "unproven"). I'm also saying that there is a pattern developing. With the exception of Christie, Trump is pulling in a particular type of endorsement. Sessions, Duke, LePage (governor of Maine), Brewer - there is a common thread or racial animosity here. To me it is not surprising Trump is not racing to spur these endorsements.
BillRM

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 01:11 pm
@engineer,
LOL perhaps you should have more of a problem with the voters in those states both white and black and other voters who dare to place into power people you view as racist then Trump.

But none of the people you had name is similar to a Duke.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 01:21 pm
@engineer,
Hell perhaps we should set up a commission with you as chairman who would go back at least 30 plus years and disqualifier anyone who the commission feel is or may had been a racist from holding public office.
McGentrix

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 01:40 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Nearly 20 percent of Trump’s supporters disapprove of Lincoln freeing the slaves
Not. The. Onion.

http://www.vox.com/2016/2/24/11105552/trump-supporters-slavery

The thing about these idiotic opinion polls is that they really tell you what ever you want them to.

For example,in the same Economist /YouGov poll:

15% of American Hispanics agree with those racist Trump supporters: The Emancipation Proclamation was a bad idea. A quarter of Hispanics are not sure.
32% of American blacks back President Franklin Roosevelt’s decision to round up Japanese-Americans and put them in camps during World War II. According to The New York Times analysis of the poll results, that is almost exactly the same percentage as among Trump voters.
More than 30% of those UNDER 30 are not sure that President Harry Truman’s 1948 executive order desegregating the U.S. military was a good idea. 15% are sure it wasn’t. (Incidentally, those who were around back then, the 65 and up crowd, are significantly more likely to applaud Truman’s desegregation order than kids today.)
43% of likely Democratic primary voters, a very liberal slice of America, approve of President George W. Bush’s pro-torture executive order after 9/11.

43% of you liberals are pro-torture? Crazy.
0 Replies

engineer

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 02:01 pm
@BillRM,
These people can run all they like and other people can choose to vote for them. I can rail against their bigotry and point it out. Trump has made some pretty bigoted remarks. Other established bigots are coming out to support him. I don't find that surprising. I understand you want to play devil's advocate here, but to me the common thread is obvious. Yes, Duke is the most prominent out and proud racist in the group, but the others are fairly prominent in their positions as well. I don't know how you get from me pointing that out to me banning candidates from running but that is the Internet.
BillRM

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 02:15 pm
@engineer,
Look I hope that Trump will not become president but I am also damn tired of people like you throwing the racist charges all over the landscape.

An base in this one case of something the guy may or may not had said 30 plus years ago and then placing him in with an out and out racist.

cicerone imposter

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 02:23 pm
@BillRM,
I also heard Trump's bigoted statements, and concluded he's a racial bigot.
BillRM

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 02:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I question if Trump view middle class whites in any better light then blacks so it not race and or skin color but economic standing that is his means of judging people.
cicerone imposter

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 02:37 pm
@BillRM,
No. It's about building his wall, and barring Muslims from coming into this country of immigrants.
BillRM

Mon 29 Feb, 2016 02:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Building a wall to play to the poor dumb whites that fear to compete with the Mexicans not a few of whom have whiter skin then I do.

Sorry but Mexicans are not the same as African Americans.