Builder

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 09:59 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Drugs are the way to go these days.

So, how come Cheney opted for torture?

The CIA has a long history of experimentation with drugs.

Unless false postitives were the desired outcome. The invasion of Iraq (and subsequenty Afghanistan) was based on false positives.
cicerone imposter

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 10:01 pm
@Builder,
Good points. The 'failure of leadership' is just too common in this country. Now, people want Trump as our president. Go figure.
oralloy

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 10:20 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
The invasion of Iraq (and subsequenty Afghanistan)

Afghanistan was invaded before Iraq.

Builder wrote:
subsequenty Afghanistan) was based on false positives.

9/11 was not a false positive.
0 Replies

Builder

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 10:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And they want him to bring back torture.

At a time when America's international standing is slipping to such an extent that former allies are now siding with Russia.

Whom would the Don consider torturing?

Does he have any plans for bettering the lives of average Americans?

A policy for managing the deficit blowout?

A plan to reinstate Glass-Stegal?

Or just build walls, and torture people?

McGentrix

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 11:06 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Unless false postitives were the desired outcome. The invasion of Iraq (and subsequenty Afghanistan) was based on false positives.

Well, that's a head scratcher... History says we invaded Afghanistan because the Taliban were harboring some terrorist group or something. Iran was invaded later based on WMD's.

It's weird how you know what really happened.
Builder

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 11:43 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
History says we invaded Afghanistan because the Taliban were harboring some terrorist group or something. Iran was invaded later based on WMD's.

Iran was "invaded" back in 1953. Operation Ajax.

The WMD's are the "false positives". Was it Bush Snr who gave Saddam chemical weapons to use against Iran? But he used them on the Kurds instead?

As for the Taliban harbouring terrorists, if you knew your history, those same terrorists were recruited, trained, radicalised with propaganda, armed with stinger missiles, and used by the CIA to defeat the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, back in the Cold War.....

oralloy

Tue 9 Feb, 2016 12:18 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
At a time when America's international standing is slipping to such an extent that former allies are now siding with Russia.

I'm not aware of any such slippage. Which former allies of ours are siding with Russia now?
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 9 Feb, 2016 12:20 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
Iran was "invaded" back in 1953. Operation Ajax.

That was more of an internal revolution than an invasion.

Builder wrote:
Was it Bush Snr who gave Saddam chemical weapons to use against Iran?

No. Saddam made his own chemical weapons, from precursors sold to him by European companies.

Builder wrote:
As for the Taliban harbouring terrorists, if you knew your history, those same terrorists were recruited, trained, radicalised with propaganda, armed with stinger missiles, and used by the CIA to defeat the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, back in the Cold War.....

Nonsense.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 9 Feb, 2016 12:39 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

I don't think we need to torture anyone anymore either. It is unreliable, it's dangerous, it's stupid.

Medical torture and pharmacological torture are just a 'subdivision' of torture.
McGentrix

Tue 9 Feb, 2016 07:51 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

I don't think we need to torture anyone anymore either. It is unreliable, it's dangerous, it's stupid.

Medical torture and pharmacological torture are just a 'subdivision' of torture.

So are handcuffs. We just delineate differently.

It snowed today. Snow is a crystalline form of water and is usually white.
Fil Albuquerque

Tue 9 Feb, 2016 08:32 am
Every time I stump on this thread I get goose bumps...can't we just let it sink. My eyes bleed every time I see the thread tittle, just to think about the possibility is sickening.
cicerone imposter

Tue 9 Feb, 2016 11:21 am
@Builder,
Donald is going to make America great'again.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 9 Feb, 2016 11:23 am
@McGentrix,
Handcuff is torture? LOL
woiyo

Tue 9 Feb, 2016 12:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Dripping water on your head is torture???
snood

Tue 9 Feb, 2016 12:52 pm
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

I hope you're just being silly for the fun of it. It's a lot more than "dripping water on your head".

What Waterboarding Is:

Waterboarding induces panic and suffering by forcing a person to inhale water into the sinuses, pharynx, larynx, and trachea.

The head is tilted back and water is poured into the upturned mouth or nose. Eventually the subject cannot exhale more air or cough out more water, the lungs are collapsed, and the sinuses and trachea are filled with water. The subject is drowned from the inside, filling with water from the head down. The chest and lungs are kept higher than the head so that coughing draws water up and into the lungs while avoiding total suffocation. "His sufferings must be that of a man who is drowning, but cannot drown."
http://waterboarding.org/info

Waterboarding is a form of water torture in which water is poured over a cloth covering the face and breathing passages of an immobilized captive, causing the individual to experience the sensation of drowning. Waterboarding can cause extreme pain, dry drowning, damage to lungs, brain damage from oxygen deprivation, other physical injuries including broken bones due to struggling against restraints, lasting psychological damage, and death.[1] Adverse physical consequences can manifest themselves months after the event, while psychological effects can last for years.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterboarding
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=15900592
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 9 Feb, 2016 03:40 pm
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

Yup. We shouldn't do that.
cicerone imposter

Tue 9 Feb, 2016 03:41 pm
@McGentrix,
Isn't that called baptism?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Tue 9 Feb, 2016 07:52 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
...The invasion of Iraq (and subsequenty Afghanistan) was based on false positives.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought we invaded Afghanistan in retaliation for 9/11. Soon after 9/11, Osama bin Laden was identified as the culprit. The Taliban, which controlled most of Afghanistan, was giving him sanctuary and support. We asked them several times to extradite him and they said no. We then invaded in retaliation for 9/11. It seems to me that almost everyone agrees that if someone bombs your cities and kills several thousand of your citizens as the actual intended targets, you have the right to strike back.
roger

Tue 9 Feb, 2016 07:55 pm
@Brandon9000,
It was more to deny sanctuary for al Qaeda than strictly for retaliation.
oralloy

Tue 9 Feb, 2016 07:57 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought we invaded Afghanistan in retaliation for 9/11. Soon after 9/11, Osama bin Laden was identified as the culprit. Afghanistan was giving him sanctuary and support. We asked them several times to extradite him and they said no. We then invaded in retaliation for 9/11. It seems to me that almost everyone agrees that if someone bombs your cities and kills several thousand of your citizens as the actual intended targets, you have the right to strike back.

You are absolutely correct. But Liberals sympathize with the 9/11 attackers, as both are motivated by hatred of American freedom, so Liberals will try to justify the murder of innocent civilians and will refuse to acknowledge our lawful right to defend ourselves.