roger

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 02:59 am
@McGentrix,
Well yeah, but they're all trying to get elected. Should we disregard every one of their performances and just toss a coin?
Builder

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 03:12 am
@roger,
Quote:
Should we disregard every one of their performances and just toss a coin?

You might as well. The US of A has been an oligarchy for a few decades. All this hooha is just so much whitewash and gee-up. Politics is hollywood for the ugly arseholes.

Dillary is a criminal, and should be doing time for Benghazi. Likewise for the commander-in-chief that called the invasion of Libya, and stole that nation's gold for the IMF.
Olivier5

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 05:27 am
Who won the ratings race: Fox News or Donald Trump?
http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/29/media/republican-debate-ratings-donald-trump/
roger

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 05:41 am
@Builder,
Libya? Oh, you remember. We led from behind.
revelette2

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 07:41 am
@Olivier5,
I guess different sources say different things, but numbers don't lie.

Quote:
In the battle between Donald Trump and Fox News, the network just scored a big point in the ratings department.

Fox News’ broadcast of the Republican presidential debate crushed Donald Trump’s campaign rally in viewership from 9:15 to 10:15 p.m., when CNN and MSNBC picked up coverage of the Trump event. During that hour, Fox News averaged 12.8 million total viewers. CNN averaged 2 million. MSNBC averaged 1.1 million.

In the key 25-54 demographic, Fox News averaged 3.5 million against Trump, while CNN averaged 616,000 and MSNBC averaged 260,000.

source
Lash

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 07:47 am
@revelette2,
So, I didn't know Trump had a competing televised event. I wonder if those numbers represent a conscious choice between the two televised events - or, in part, ignorance that one was available.
0 Replies

revelette2

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 08:04 am
@roger,
Actually there is a lot information out there on Trump, probably more than any other candidate other than (or maybe even more)Hillary Clinton. I went out of my way to order a playboy magazine even though I am against them (just as a personal belief that they exploit women and encourage exploitation of future women...anyway..)and read a very revealing article into the personal character of Trump. It told a story of Trump conducting a tour to the interviewer around his estate, they came to the tennis courts and there was some kind of cooler for the water cooler set up in the middle of tennis court. Trump didn't like the way the tubes (or something, going by memory) were sticking out everywhere and he started in complaining. Then he tried to kick it over, that didn't work, so he squatted down and picked the whole thing up and flooded the tennis court. Later after the article was published and the editor called his receptionist and asked what Trump thought of the article (or it may have been the other way around), the receptionist said, he was too angry to speak.

As far as I know, playboy keeps copyrights on all their articles so you can't really link to them and leave a source which is why I ordered it. There are lots of criticism of Trump, even from people who are not political, you only need to google and search for them. I think his calling Kelly a bimbo and making disgusting remarks over Hillary needing to use the necessary is who he is. I think what you see on TV, is exactly who he is and he is proud of it.
0 Replies

revelette2

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 08:09 am
@McGentrix,
To paraphrase another quote, if Trump can't negotiate with Kelly, how is he going to negotiate with congress? He has walked out of negotiations before in a huff, it was on a link I provided yesterday.
Olivier5

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 09:05 am
@revelette2,
I find the CNN article more balanced. The right comparison is with the previous Fox debate, which had twice as many viewers.
revelette2

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 09:16 am
@Olivier5,
Actually, they held a debate two weeks ago on Fox business with Trump attending which drew less viewers. But then that channel is hard to find. On the other hand, the debate did have more viewers than did his campaign rally which CNN and MSNBC picked up.

To me it doesn't matter, I wouldn't watch a fox news debate unless they paid me. You can always catch up the next day on the net without the aggravation of watching it.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
revelette2

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 11:53 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
He wasn't negotiating with Kelly, he was negotiating with Fox and yes, sometimes you just have to walk away. It happens all the time in politics. Remember the US and Iraq negotiating for WMD searches? The US had to walk away when Iraq wouldn't stick to the negotiations. Remember the whole Iran deals that just went into effect? Kerry threatened to walk away and they ended up making a deal.

Well, he lost with his negotiations and I imagine (unfortunately) Fox News will still be around long after Trump looses his bid for presidency.

I seriously doubt the Iran deal came about because Kerry threatened to walk away. That deal was going to happen regardless of whether we wanted it or not.

What searches are you referring to with Iraq and the US? Are you perhaps referring to the 2003 UN inspections which were ongoing from UN inspectors at the time George W Bush walked away and decided to invade Iraq after lying about the evidence for months? Are you seriously using the Iraq invasion as a positive thing in championing your preferred candidate?
Lash

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 05:36 pm
I hope something is brewing around the GOP nominee.

If I could only vote in both primaries... (arches eyebrow and checks to see...)

The Times sends one over the Republican bow.

It's Kasich!

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/30/politics/kasich-new-hampshire-2016/index.html
0 Replies

McGentrix

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 06:57 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Well, he lost with his negotiations and I imagine (unfortunately) Fox News will still be around long after Trump looses his bid for presidency.

Did he lose? Sure Fox will be around, that wasn't a risk. But they did have lower than expected ratings and having a debate without Trump wasn't exciting in the least bit.

revelette2 wrote:
I seriously doubt the Iran deal came about because Kerry threatened to walk away. That deal was going to happen regardless of whether we wanted it or not.

Late-night rows and threatened walkouts: how the Iran deal was done

Your doubts are immaterial to the facts.

revelette2 wrote:
What searches are you referring to with Iraq and the US? Are you perhaps referring to the 2003 UN inspections which were ongoing from UN inspectors at the time George W Bush walked away and decided to invade Iraq after lying about the evidence for months? Are you seriously using the Iraq invasion as a positive thing in championing your preferred candidate?

It's an example of the US leaving negotiations. Not championing anything. You know how words work, right?
0 Replies

Builder

Sat 30 Jan, 2016 09:22 pm
@roger,

Quote:
Libya? Oh, you remember. We led from behind.

Quote:
On Monday, Mr. Obama sent Congress a two-page letter saying that as commander in chief, he had constitutional authority to authorize the strikes, which were undertaken with French, British and other allies. He wrote that the strikes would be limited in scope and duration, and that preventing a humanitarian disaster in Libya was in the best interest of American foreign policy and national security goals.

The White House also noted that Mr. Obama had met with Congressional leaders to consult about the Libya situation on Friday. On March 1, the Senate unanimously approved a resolution calling for the United Nations Security Council to impose a no-fly zone over Libya. The Security Council approved such a measure Thursday night.

Critics say the merits of the operation and its legality under international law are matters separate from the domestic legal question of who — the president or Congress — has the authority to decide whether the United States will take part in combat.

“When there is no imminent threat to our country, he cannot launch strikes without authorization from the American people, through our elected representatives in Congress,” wrote Representative Justin Amash, a freshman Republican of Michigan, on his Facebook page. “No United Nations resolution or Congressional act permits the president to circumvent the Constitution.”

And if there was a humanitarian reason for the invasion, what was it? Is there an improvement since bombing? Was there plans for a new government?

Nope. nada. Invade, pillage, leave.

Quote:
Representative Dennis J. Kucinich, Democrat of Ohio, said Monday that even though previous presidents had sidestepped Congress, Mr. Obama’s decision was still a “serious” abuse.

“It needs to be pointed out that what he is doing is outside the Constitution,” Mr. Kucinich said. “If he is relying on precedent, then he ought to say so. But he’s got to square that with his own understanding of the Constitution prior to becoming president.”

Article here.
0 Replies

Builder

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 12:02 am
Gerald Celente carving up some Obama turkey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pok4GDOA0WA
0 Replies

engineer

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 01:42 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

He's the guy trying to get elected. Right now he is a showman on TV. He says outlandish things to get the TV/news attention.

That's true, but if Trump is trying to get elected, he should be putting his best foot forward. You are saying he is being racist, discriminating against religion, showing no knowledge of foreign policy, etc as a ploy. That recalls the story of the girl and the snake. What if all those displays of ignorance aren't an act?
cicerone imposter

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 02:00 pm
@engineer,
If that's not an act, he's fired.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 02:01 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

He's the guy trying to get elected. Right now he is a showman on TV. He says outlandish things to get the TV/news attention.

That's true, but if Trump is trying to get elected, he should be putting his best foot forward. You are saying he is being racist, discriminating against religion, showing no knowledge of foreign policy, etc as a ploy. That recalls the story of the girl and the snake. What if all those displays of ignorance aren't an act?

You are getting sucked in the hype. He isn't being racist. He is being cautious against a group of people hell bent on destroying anything that isn't Islamic. Are you against being cautious in times of great peril?

No knowledge of Foreign policy? He runs an international business. I'd say he has quite a bit of foreign policy in his pocket. They aren't displays of ignorance, that's just what the liberals want you to see. Look beyond the mirror that they show you.
cicerone imposter

Mon 1 Feb, 2016 02:03 pm
@McGentrix,
I see, you're a bigot too!
0 Replies