Fido

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 12:14 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Why are you such an angry child?
I am not a child at all, angry or otherwise... A dear child once gave me the gift of being able to see with the eyes of a child, to see even you that way, with forgiveness and understanding, as human even; and I hope it is a skill I shall never lose...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 12:16 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Judging from their tone, I bet both CI and Fido got beat up on the playground quite often.

Everyone in my home town got beat up, and we learned to take it and dish it out; but it is a small step from being bullied to being a bully, and I have no preference for either course...
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 12:21 pm
@Fido,
Waterboy knows nothing about me; as a matter of fact, I've mentioned this on a2k enough times for any ignoramus to remember. My report card in grade school said "Tak fights too much." That's because I wore eyeglasses from my early childhood, and learned that fighting back was the most effective way for other children leave me alone. I carried that through into my mid-teens, and did my share of fighting - with bloody nose a common occurrence.

I still fight back - verbally. Especially against bigots and people who don't know what they're talking about - and often contradict themselves given enough rope.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 12:24 pm
You two should give each other a nice big hug now.
Fido

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 12:27 pm
@H2O MAN,
you need it, and we can get a hug any time we want it
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 12:30 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

we can get a hug any time we want it

You can also hold hands and take warm showers together anytime you want while listening to NPR
JTT

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 01:10 pm
@H2O MAN,
Was it this thread that I predicted that you'd say nothing? No matter, it's actually any and every thread that you drop your scat in.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 01:20 pm
JTT, is ready with your soap on a rope
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 03:06 pm
@H2O MAN,
Waterboy can't contribute any intelligence in any of his idiotic comments.
JTT

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 04:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
He seems to have trouble just writing a grammatical sentence.

Quote:
JTT, is ready with your soap on a rope
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 08:59 am
Recess over

I thought with the passage of the ratification of the START passing the Senate, finally, saner heads prevailed. I should have realized, not so fast.

Quote:
The second reading of a bill to ratify the newly signed Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty is bound to run into problems in the Russian parliament after some lawmakers came out against ratifying the treaty following its’ interpretations by US Senators.

Unlike before, when the Duma passed international ratification decisions by a single vote, this time the lower house of the Russian parliament is going to discuss the new START Treaty in three readings.

The problem is that the US Senate qualified its resolution to ratify START with a number of statements and interpretations which the Russian lawmakers see as being at odds with the agreement signed by Presidents Dmitry Medvedev and Barack Obama in April. First and foremost, the Russian MPs are concerned over the US plans to build a missile defense system. Vladimir Yevseev, the Director of the Political and Social Research Center, has this to say.

As expected, the stumbling-block in the implementation of the new START Treaty is missile defense. The United States wants a free hand in building a global missile defense shield, so it passed a resolution saying that the deployment of global missile defense bases cannot serve as a pretext for Russia to pull out of the START-3 Treaty. Russia will have to respond appropriately, particularly since a buildup of US missile defense is certain to threaten Russia’s strategic potential.

But for the US amendments, the Russian State Duma would have ratified the treaty last week, Foreign Minister Segei Lavrov says. START-3 is a well-balanced, compromise-based agreement and a significant step towards disarmament, stipulating nearly a twofold reduction in US and Russian nuclear arsenals. Under the Treaty, in seven years from now either party will possess 700 intercontinental ballistic missile carriers, submarine-launched ballistic missiles and heavy bombers with no more than 1550 warheads deployed on them.

The link between strategic offensive and strategic defensive weapons, though acknowledged at the international level, received an interpretation which doesn’t suit Russia. Konstantin Kosachev, the Chairman of the International Relations Committee in the Russian parliament, comments.

The US Senators de facto denied the legitimacy of the Treaty’s preamble which stipulates a link between strategic offensive and defensive weapons. Also, they chose to amend the text of the Treaty as they please. For example, they inserted a provision about mobile missiles on railroad platforms in the text of the Treaty, whereas such a provision is part of the ratification resolution. And they deny an agreement under which intercontinental missiles with non-nuclear warheads will be regarded as nuclear. Clearly, when a missile is in the air, it’s impossible to say which warhead it carries. Presidents Medvedev and Obama passed these agreements on the basis of simple logic.

As Russia braces for clarifying what the US meant by interpreting the Treaty in such a way, experts and opposition members are confident that more interpretations of this kind are due to come up in the near future.

source
IRFRANK

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 12:11 pm
@revelette,
Quote:
Recess over

I thought with the passage of the ratification of the START passing the Senate, finally, saner heads prevailed. I should have realized, not so fast.

Chest pounding politicians may be the death of us all, regardless of their point of origin. The gorilla's must get their way.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 12:17 pm
My son is very suspicious of the powers that be and the so called New World Order, I'm a bit long in the tooth to be worrying about such things and am always telling my son to knuckle down, do well in college and he can then maybe do something about it or as I really wish, just get on with his life.
Then he goes and shows me this film. Now I can dismiss a lot of it but some of it is worrying, especially the food & water manipulation. Also how the banks have blatantly ruined the economy and yet it's the poor who have to pay, sure look at Ireland, it's now owned by the banks & I.M.F. The control of the media by a small handful of people is also blatantly obvious. How else could the likes of Bush & Co have so easily lied their way into the Iraq war.
Should we be worried and if so what can we even do about it.
You wouldn't know what to make of it, mind manipulation from all sides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJiCU6Jw0Co
eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 12:40 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
I'm beginning to think the God Squad might be behind this film.
Or at least some of it, I don't buy the Mayan calender crap, It's like the Nostradamus nonsense, anybody can read in to it what they want & usually after the fact. Also the continuation of pagan festivals into new religions is explainable in a practicable sense. But the Fluoride in water & the manipulation of food is worrying, as is the powerful conspiring together to manipulate economies, information, people, power & wealth.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 01:26 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Now I've watched all of this thing I'm going to make it my mission to get through to my son and knock some sense into him.
I wonder what their going to do when the 21st Dec 2011 comes & goes, I suppose they'll come up with a new doomsday date, no doubt inspired by some other ancient text written by people who believed in human sacrifice or that the Earth was held aloft by some god.
Manipulative Bullshit.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 01:52 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
21st Dec 2012, if the worlds going to end, I suppose I should at least get the date right Laughing
Excuse my ranting.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 05:01 pm
I love this website. I provides a lot of information that debunks many popular falsehoods.

http://skeptoid.com/

The problem with believing any of this false, fear based, propaganda is that it provides an excuse to participate in much worse activity.

Remember, Tim McVeigh believed this crap too.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 05:16 pm
@IRFRANK,
I'll make sure my son takes a look at the skeptoid web site.
Just as a matter of interest he's been banging on about contrails and
how "their" putting some chemical in the fuel to, I think he said basically kill people.
Have you heard that one???
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 08:34 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

My son is very suspicious of the powers that be and the so called New World Order, I'm a bit long in the tooth to be worrying about such things and am always telling my son to knuckle down, do well in college and he can then maybe do something about it or as I really wish, just get on with his life.
Then he goes and shows me this film. Now I can dismiss a lot of it but some of it is worrying, especially the food & water manipulation. Also how the banks have blatantly ruined the economy and yet it's the poor who have to pay, sure look at Ireland, it's now owned by the banks & I.M.F. The control of the media by a small handful of people is also blatantly obvious. How else could the likes of Bush & Co have so easily lied their way into the Iraq war.
Should we be worried and if so what can we even do about it.
You wouldn't know what to make of it, mind manipulation from all sides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJiCU6Jw0Co
The sooner they break us all the sooner we can get started with the revolution... They have not just ruined us, but robbed us, and they want to load the entire cost of their failure on the backs of the working class when there are so few people actually creating value that it would take for ever to pay it off... They are asking for a short rope and a necktie party... Let em have it...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 08:43 pm
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

I love this website. I provides a lot of information that debunks many popular falsehoods.

http://skeptoid.com/

The problem with believing any of this false, fear based, propaganda is that it provides an excuse to participate in much worse activity.

Remember, Tim McVeigh believed this crap too.
I don't support Tim Mcveigh or what he done, but the fact is that Waako didn't have to go down that way, and Janet Reno saying I take full responsibility knowing full well no one was going to throw her ass in prison for murder is obscene...If people are minding their own business I don't care how many guns they own... 90% of the time they are nutjobs, and sure, because the government does not tell the truth, and keeps a lot of secrets it does not have to it begs for the rumour mill to turn out garbage... If people are denied the truth they often guess the truth and act on the truth they guess... What choice do they have... They can see their government is not acting in their best interest or in their interest at all... So they are making a stand... By the time anyone reaches for their gun it is already too late because those people with the power will nuke us all before giving it up...