H2O MAN

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 04:23 am
@IRFRANK,
Rachel Maddow is a left wing hack.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 04:27 am
@JTT,
JTT, it's not my fault that everything said here goes way over your head and it's not my fault that you're not qualified to engage in conversations here.

0 Replies

revelette

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 09:32 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

She is left wing, but hack? Not really.

False Alarms on the Nuclear Front
by Geoffrey Forden

Quote:
The Norwegian rocket incident
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Early on the morning of January 25, 1995, Norwegian scientists and their American colleagues launched the largest sounding rocket ever from Andoya Island off the coast of Norway. [Sounding rockets collect data on atmospheric conditions from various altitudes.] Designed to study the northern lights, the rocket followed a trajectory to nearly 930 miles altitude but away from the Russian Federation. To Russian radar technicians, the flight appeared similar to one that a U.S. Trident missile would take to blind Russian radars by detonating a nuclear warhead high in the atmosphere.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 10:18 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

Right. And that's why I listen to her.

And ignore you, or try my best.

My you are an angry toad.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 10:38 am
@IRFRANK,
Typical conservative charge - such as "hack - says nothing. He has to explain why, and he can't. Rachel Maddow is a liberal to be sure, but I've not heard anything she has said that is untrue.

Waterboy has no clue.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 11:15 am
@IRFRANK,
You really need to sample a few different sources of information before you poor yourself a tall glass of Kool-Aid.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 11:16 am
@cicerone imposter,
CI would like to buy a clue.

I did not say she said anything untrue, I said she was a HACK.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 11:44 am
@H2O MAN,
Again, "nothing" in content.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 11:45 am
@H2O MAN,
Waterboy, Give it up! You're too ignorant to understand the rules of debate.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 12:59 pm
CI thinks this is a formal debate - what an ass he is.
IRFRANK

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 06:09 pm
@H2O MAN,
Hmm.....

The pig in the mud has described an ass.

priceless
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 06:18 pm
@IRFRANK,
From the gutter to you ain't up.
Fido

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 10:03 pm
@H2O MAN,
You remind me of a cartoon of a older sewer worker talkng to a younger sewer worker, telling him: I can remember when you could look up skirts all day and almost never see any balls...

You got balls... Its time for the rest of you to grow up a little...
IRFRANK

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 12:36 am
@Fido,
Fido

Careful, remember what they say about the man who lies with dogs.
Miss L Toad

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 12:38 am
@IRFRANK,
Ino this one: He gets up.

Enjoy your holidays everyone.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 08:54 am
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

Fido

Careful, remember what they say about the man who lies with dogs.

This dog isn't laying with h2... My point is, he's angry, and we are angry and our society isn't working for any of us... If we are going to change things we have to make the effort to understand each other and communicate... The rich, the parties, the religions, the government -are all sowing disunion...It is mutual respect and amity that makes a nation, and we have damned little of it... I don't like everything h2 has got to say and I don't like his way of saying it; but I want very much to be able to work with him and others like him on a new constitution for this country, for this people... Are you with me; because we are never going to find unity from those people surviving on our enmity...
IRFRANK

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 09:31 am
@Fido,
Quote:
Are you with me; because we are never going to find unity from those people surviving on our enmity...

I'm all for reasoned discourse. Even our legislature has seemed to find some common ground. And, I think we have more common ground than we think. But it's hard to respond to insults unless in kind. I try not to respond, and responding in a comedic way like I do is probably just as bad and condescending. But, simply calling someone an ass does little to add to the conversation.

I generally try to respond to posts from folks like yourself or Finn because I find much useful information in them. We don't always agree, but that's why I come here. I don't just want reinforcement for my own views. I welcome challenges, but not baseless name calling of myself or anyone else.

There used to be decorum in debate, but then someone found out they could maintain an edge by yelling louder. It does nothing to add to the overall goal of sharing information. I would suggest that if the only response you can think of is F--- you, it is best to have some patience and let it pass before you post. That's what I do.

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 10:16 am
@Fido,
Why are you such an angry child?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 10:20 am
@H2O MAN,
Waterboy, Why are you such a stupid one?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 11:46 am
Judging from their tone, I bet both CI and Fido got beat up on the playground quite often.