DO YOU THINK THIS WOMAN DESERVED A PAT DOWN?

Irishk

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 03:03 pm
@Thomas,
Guess I'll have to do some research! Or...do you know, off-hand, which one is being used?
Sglass

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 03:04 pm
@Sglass,
Back to my son's wife. The airline, after my d-i-l complained to them, dismissed her concerns as PMS hysteria and treated her as someone with no credibility. Had they listened to her just a remote chance there would not have been a 9-11. Now this a nice Christian lady that has had more than 25 books published, she is an active lecturer to woman's groups and has her own radio show.

just saying. airline security has become a big business item.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 03:10 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:
Guess I'll have to do some research! Or...do you know, off-hand, which one is being used?

I ask the people operating it---mostly out of curiousity, because I don't mind the "dangerous" alternative, backscatter X-rays. Because the X-ray dosage is calibrated to for back-scattering, not for penetrating your body, they expose you to about as much ionizing radiation as you would get from spending half a minute naked in the sunlight. In my experience, officers are quite happy to show off a full-body scanner; it's a new, exciting piece of technology for them.
Mame

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 03:19 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

This is such a messed up ball of wax! Ugh!

You're not talking ear wax here, are you?
Irishk

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 03:23 pm
@Thomas,
Thanks! I figured it wasn't too much of a risk. It's really the least of my worries.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 03:46 pm
@Sglass,
Sglass wrote:
David my son's wife travels extensively because of her business.

Shortly before 9-11 she was flying back to Denver and her seating companion was from the mideast.
He went into a rant about something terrible was going to happen in the US and that the US was going to pay
for their meddling in the mideastl.
She complained and her seat was changed.

Her traveling companion was one of the gentlemen that helped take down Twin Towers.

Sea
WoW!!! U never know.

David
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 03:48 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Irishk wrote:

WAIT!

No, what?

Someone is discussing ear wax? Without me around?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 03:51 pm
@chai2,
Mame wrote:

Irishk wrote:

chai2 wrote:

WAIT!

No, what?

Someone is discussing ear wax? Without me around?

I had my M.D. wash my ears out, years ago.
I still don 't hear very well.

When I go to the movies, the audience breaks out in laffter
and I don 't know the reason Y.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 05:22 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
dave, your fly is open again...
Sglass

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 08:40 pm
@Rockhead,
Really Rockhead, maybe OSD is looking for a pat down.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 10:02 pm
@Sglass,
Sglass wrote:
Really Rockhead, maybe OSD is looking for a pat down.
The most thoro that I 've experienced is by the Japs.
He asks: "may I search u ?" (U better have the right answer.)
Then he very thoroly proceeds.

I am disposed to co-operate. Give them what thay want.

David
Sglass

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 02:52 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Oh who was it that said "If rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 06:22 am
@Sglass,
Sglass wrote:
Oh who was it that said "If rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it.
Tex Antoine
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 11:32 am
And the band plays on.

.............................................................................................................................

Passenger Arrested for Punching TSA Agent

More proof of increasing tension at airport security checkpoints. An airline passenger has been arrested for punching a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officer in the chest after passing through a full-body scanner at Indianapolis International Airport.

John Christina, 51, of Simsbury, CT, says the incident was a joke. But the TSA says it is no laughing matter.

"TSOs (Transportation Security Officers) are on the line defending the nation against terrorism every day. This is shameful," TSA Press Secretary Nicholas Kimball tells AOL Travel News. "We are working with law enforcement to make sure this type of thing doesn't happen."

Christina, a computer consultant, admitted to punching the officer. He was arrested, spent the night in jail and was released on $150 bond, with a superior court date set for Dec. 13

"If I had hit him with any malice or intent that would have been one thing. That was not my intention," Christina tells the Indianapolis Star newspaper.

Because he has health issues, including two metal hip implants that can set off metal detectors, Christina says he is used to spending extra time in security lines.

A law enforcement source says the punch came after Christina asked TSA agent Gregory Hutman, 28, a question he couldn't answer. Hutman is usually based in Dayton, Ohio, and was in Indianapolis for training.

"When he (the officer) didn't know the answer to a question the guy punched him," the source says.

The question was reportedly about increased security procedures.

Christina allegedly jabbed Hutman with a closed fist. A police report quotes Hutman as asking, "Why did you have to hit me?" And Christina saying, "I was only kidding with you."

Other passengers and TSA agents witnessed the incident.

John Gage, president of the American Federation of Government Employees, says the TSA needs to do a better job letting the public know about new security procedures to avoid such attacks.

.......................................................................................................................

Jus' saying. The fun has just begun.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 01:35 pm
Are there lines on bodies which denote where people are happy to be patted and where not?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 02:00 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
Are there lines on bodies which denote where people are happy to be patted and where not?
Yes; the lines that lead to the front door.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 03:58 pm
This is such a crock.

My husband has a defibrillator, and has always had to get searched by hand when going through security.

It's absolutley no big deal.

Bunch of whiny butts.
IRFRANK

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 09:07 pm
@Sglass,
How do you figure?

Do you assume your doctor enjoys the prostrate exam?

If you're male.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 09:10 pm
@kuvasz,
Instead, the process is intended to desensitize the population to random government searches and bodily control.

You had some sense in your statements, until this last sentence.

This statement is not supported by your previous comments.

Do not accept the validity of the searches as necessary for flight security?

IRFRANK

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 09:12 pm
@Green Witch,
A valid point and has some truth.

But, what is the alternative?

Ignore the threats and proceed without increased security?