Things you've never done or had, and don't care

chai2

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 01:25 pm
Shewolf just mentioned something about Red Bull on another thread, and I realized I've never even tasted one, or any other energy drink for that matter.

I'm sure I never will, unless I'm like in a desert or something, and dying of thirst.

Until recently I could've said I'd never sent a text message, but I texted myself something like "hello" to see what the big deal was about. Big disappointment.

I've never been on a cruise, but I don't like pop tarts or spam.

Still, I feel I've lived a full life so far.

What about youse guys?

wandeljw

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 01:40 pm
@chai2,
I have never joined Facebook.
George

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 01:56 pm
I've never gotten a tattoo.
Nothing against them, just don't especially want one.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 01:58 pm
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

You mean "SouthSideStudMuffin" isn't you?
djjd62

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 02:01 pm
never sent a text

never owned a car

never watched a reality tv show (or care to for that matter)

never paid for and only slightly had cable tv (actually only had it for about 2 years because it came with an apartment i had, outside of that, rabbit ears all the way, still use them, might have to update to outside antenna when Canada goes HD over the airwaves)
aidan

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 02:09 pm
I've never had a manicure.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 02:09 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
. . . never owned a car . . .

no ****?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 02:28 pm
@wandeljw,
Me either, Wandel. Still may, so that one is open.

No tattoo.
I don't hate them, especially the olden kind in the days just past wwII/the fifties when guys would have one tattoo, but I have been slow, very slow, to appreciate any kind of sleeve or body stocking of complete tattooing. I'm beginning to open my mind to some athletes going there, but that just means I've moved ahead to being lukewarm about that. I did have a near totally tattooed neighbor, well, as far as I could tell, that I liked and still sort of miss, an art director, so I'm not completely freaked out about that, just partially.
On women with some tattoos, sure. I'm rather glad I didn't, picturing the tattoo folds I would have now.

I have not deep sea dived. We had a family friend who was an early guy in the history of all that, which I loved hearing about and grew a cogent fear of doing.

Been an olympic ice skater. Little miss grace would have been a disaster at it.

Been a good singer. I have the to me odd quality of being able to tell who else is off key and not being able to carry a tune myself. I sing well enough in my mind though.

Well, that's enough for now.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 02:45 pm
wow, I love you guys.

this is great.

I'll admit I did whatever it is you're supposed to do to go on Facebook, because a friend of mine sent me an invite.
I muddled through setting it up, then looked at it, much like the text I sent to myself and said "now what?"
I never looked at it again. I guess it's sitting out there, with hundred, nay thousands of friends waiting anxiously for me.

Reality TV, would that include when Anna Nicole had her show? I sat in a stupor watching a bunch in row once. It was like watching a train wreck.

yeah, but never watched survivor, or any of that stuff. I watched about 45 seconds of american idol once.

Never had a manicure or pedicure, and sure won't get one. Don't want someone messing around with my hands or feet.

Let's see....

I have never ordered a combo meal at a FF restaurant.

0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 02:49 pm
@George,
George wrote:

wandeljw wrote:

You mean "SouthSideStudMuffin" isn't you?

He only WISHES he was me.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 02:51 pm
I am surprised dj, you've never owned a car.

Sure I can see using buses, walking, etc. What do you do if you have to go a farther distance? Do you rent a car sometimes?
djjd62

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 03:00 pm
@chai2,
never rented a car

i've taken trains and busses

if i go to visit tai chi, i take my mom and drive her car, same when we go to the island, i take her to visit her relatives (well mine too, but its more for her)

chai2

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 03:02 pm
@djjd62,
WOW

you are radical.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 03:05 pm
Never had a tattoo, never tweeted or twittered or myspaced, never eaten tapioca, never drank a Red Bull, never bungee-jumped or zip-lined and never will do any of those things.

I know lots of people who not only have never had a car, they've never had a driver's licence.
djjd62

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 03:08 pm
@Mame,
i never had a licence until i was 30, never needed one, as i had no access to a vehicle (still drove on occasion), my one cousin is getting her licence now in her 50's
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 03:21 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
never eaten tapioca

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, tapioca pudding!!!

no manicures or pedicures, reality tv, tattoos, piercings beyond one in each ear lobe, cruises, energy drinks, tweets.

I do love tapioca pudding, however.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 03:22 pm
I've never had, nor desired, a personal credit card...

homemade tapioca is the best.
George

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 03:28 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
I've never had, nor desired, a personal credit card...

Though I have my own, I have occasionally coveted other people's credit cards.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 03:31 pm
I've never done yoga.
chai2

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 03:33 pm
@Mame,
any desire to?
0 Replies