Things you've never done or had, and don't care

Rockhead

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 03:34 pm
@Mame,
I heard goat yoga was s'posed to be the best kind...
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 03:44 pm
I've never been napalmed.

I've never had any kids or relatives, friends even with limbs blown off by ordnance designed to target civilians though I'm sure that it would be quite the experience.

I've never had the chance to experience being carpet bombed but it too must be a real hoot.

I've never had any kids born deformed from chemical weapons spread around my neck of the woods by foreign invaders.

Damn, when I think about it, we North American folks really do live a pretty dull life.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 06:11 pm
Things I've never done or had, and don't intend to:

A tattoo, piercings beyond one in each earlobe, smoking, illegal drugs, zip-lining, bungee-jumping, parachuting, scuba diving, boxing, running in a marathon, roller skating, snow skiing, traveling to any country that limits women's rights, eating collard greens, drinking absinthe, having sex with an animal (ex-husband doesn't count), breast reduction surgery, dying my hair black, green, blue or purple, getting a Brazilian wax, loaning money to a relative, taking an Alaskan cruise, working in any medical facility, or fighting in a war.

Not necessarily in that order.
George

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 08:20 pm
@Eva,
Eva wrote:
. . . having sex with an animal (ex-husband doesn't count) . . .

<snort>
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 08:33 pm
@chai2,
I never had the traditional "white wedding" (costing the earth) & I don't care! Smile
http://www.easyweddings.com.au/images/newlook/polls/57.jpg

I wanted a registry office wedding actually, but my mother kept crying about that Neutral ... so (under very heavy pressure) we opted for the next best thing: a Unitarian ceremony.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarian_Universalism
No god involved. No vows to "obey" anyone. And a nice little hairy fellow playing Bach music, which sounded quite religious, really! Very Happy
Pretty sane, really, for a "church" ceremony.
My mother was very happy.
And I survived the day in one bit. Phew.
The next time around, we just lived together in sin.

0 Replies

failures art

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 08:39 pm
As I try to think of things, I keep finding things I haven't done and thinking that I do want to try it.

A
R
T
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 09:04 pm
Some things others have said are true for me too (including the not caring part) -

- no Red Bull
- no cruise
- never watched a reality show
- only one manicure, which hurt like hell, and never a pedicure
- never tweeted or texted, eaten tapioca, bungie jumped, zip lined, parachuted.
- never done yoga (too woo woo) or boxing (it might hurt)
- never tasted absinthe
- never dyed my hair (I like my hair, albeit somewhat less lately)
- never had a traditional wedding

Of all those, I can imagine trying tapioca, I'd probably like it now. When I was a kid, I thought it wiggled, just like other stuff like custard.
I might try texting my niece if I had the right phone device (she's an internet luddite).
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 08:11 am
Never... is a very long time.

I somehow think that if i was to think of something I didnt have then somehow i would actually be wanting that thing.

Does that make sense?
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 08:46 am
OF what's been mentioned so far, I've never:
been on a cruise
had a tattoo
had a manicure
deep sea dived (unless scuba counts)
bungee jumped
eaten tapioca
done yoga (unless tai chi counts)

What can I add? I've never:
Married
had children (of my own)
caged a bird
injected an illegal drug
shot an animal
gone to a motor race by choice (parents had dragged me to a couple when I was young)
hit a woman
done military service
dissed a policeman
been absolutely certain of anything
felt sorry for myself at a funeral
given up something because I didn't succeed the first time.

Nor cared to.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 08:50 am
Never did drugs.

When I was a kid, I reckoned I would never do drugs because at that time I thought it was a wrong thing to do and only the losers types - who have just no clue - do it. I was obviously always aware of the health impact of the illegal drugs all along.

When I went to the university, every other person was doing it. I was shell-shocked to see some of the people, who I clearly knew were smarter than me and were getting better grades in the course, did it too. So the myth that I grew up with - only loser types do it - sort of crumpled like a pack of cards before me. I realized that not of all these were addicts - some did it just once in a while, like at the parties - for a bit of high. And most of them did weed - I don't know how true, but I've been told weed/pot/marijuana is less harmful than cocaine and some other heavy duty drugs.

This was also the time I was experimenting with a lot of things - clothes, hairstyles, alcohol (sipped here and there, never became a regular user), and once the idea of trying out drugs did jump out at me.

"You know, just once?" my thrill-seeking, reptilian instinct was nagging me. "I won't become an addict in just one attempt. I can try and see how it works. I wouldn't probably like it, but what's the harm in trying once? Would be an experience, at the least."

But that part of me never really could convince me.

And I'm clean to date. Don't regret it. I'm happy. Don't think I'm missing out on anything.
hingehead

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 08:57 am
@spidergal,
A wise decision - but what about alcohol?
spidergal

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 09:05 am
@hingehead,
I've tasted a few things, but never liked the taste of any. It all tastes like medical syrup for some reason. Maybe, I need company of more refined drinkers who can introduce me to all sorts of tempting alcohol.

And about the high? Well, on my last birthday, my friends cajoled me into downing two shots of 90ml vodka. I felt a weird dizziness in the head for a couple of minutes, but was fine after that. They were expecting me to wobble and "do stuff", but nada, I was very normal and very much in control.

Maybe alcohol is just not my thing. I do however get high on house music - I just need a bit of that while partying and can dance for hours because of its effect. Maybe house is my booze, hinge.
chai2

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 09:06 am
@spidergal,
spidergal wrote:

Never did drugs.

Don't think I'm missing out on anything.

You're not.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 09:18 am
@spidergal,
Hah! That made me laugh - most cough medicine does have alcohol in it so your taste buds aren't lying. You're sort of hinting about my dislike of drugs, the loss of control. Not sure if that says good or bad things about my personality.

Music is definitely a high, but I couldn't listen to just house - I'm too ADHD.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 09:19 am
Quote:
I was very normal and very much in control.

arn't we all when pissed. I'm as jober as a sudge right now.
spidergal

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 09:22 am
@dadpad,
Very Happy
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 09:37 am
@dadpad,
Shouldn't you be over on the spoonerism thread Dad? Wink
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 11:17 am
Never had a tattoo – designed one, not sure where to put it.
Piercings only in the ears, hair’s been every colour but blond.
I’ve never bungee-jumped, parachuted, tweeted, surfed, hunted, ran in a marathon, driven a motorcycle, never taken any drug other than pot or shrooms, alcohol or tylenol, gave but never loaned money to a relative, or fought in a war and I don’t have a criminal record.
I’ve never watched a reality show (other than cooking shows).
Had a white wedding, but not traditional with a JP, in a cabin, by a lake, had planned on doing it outside, but it was 6C, too cooooold.
Planning on taking my first yoga class next week…
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 10:09 pm
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

I have never joined Facebook.

Poke... poke ... poke.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 06:10 am
Oh yeah, forgot this one:

Never had a one-night stand.

Care or not? Um, well, er, uh....hmmmm....