Things you've never done or had, and don't care

vinsan

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 03:43 am
@spidergal,
Me neither....

I got married to the first lady I liked. :-)
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 04:51 am
I wouldn't care if I never went to Australia.
hingehead

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 07:20 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
We are deeply hurt.
hingehead

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 07:21 am
@hingehead,
Actually, in all sincerity, I kind of agree. I love to travel but there's no place I just have to see. Wherever I end up it always some just great but I don't have a bucket list.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 09:38 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

We are deeply hurt.

No offense, I just don't see the point having lived in England; I find the sort of new developments there really depressing and prosaic.
hingehead

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 01:49 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Put down your shovel. Australia isn't England with kangaroos any more than Canada is the USA without guns.

If you add Canada and the USA and New Zealand to your 'don't want to' list I won't feel so personally hurt. Wink
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 05:24 pm
I know it's not the same as England. I'd see America. But yeah, if Canada and New Zealand didn't have super nice scenery then they would be on the list too.
failures art

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 06:06 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
I hear their toilets spin the other way and every animal is poisonous.

A
R
T
Mame

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 06:17 pm
@failures art,
No, just every other animal.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 06:18 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Mmm, in some cases here you are talking about quite expansive places with a lot going on. Not that I want to push you, as one is drawn to one place or another, almost, for some, like puppets on a string.

My primary travel drives were acquired as a kid driving - well, my parents did the driving - all over the US, or so it seemed, and I got a broad view of the country. Which was good, or I'd think it might be all housing tracts, just from the ones around Los Angeles. I used to want to live any place but a housing tract, but I live in one I like now. Very unfancy but a nice mix of people and dogs and birds. (We have roadrunners and quail right here on my street in Albuquerque.) Anyway, I remember from fourth and fifth grade geography classes a smattering about the countries of the world, their capitols, and various highlights about some of them. I fixated on Rio and Rome; still haven't made it to Rio. But as was said by me and some others in another thread, I'd be happy to go anywhere, mostly.

But not by a slow boat, or the Concorde if it was still flying, or probably a camel.
spendius

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 06:19 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Quote:
I wouldn't care if I never went to Australia.

I don't care if I never get further than the pub which is about 400 yards from my door.
Mame

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 06:27 pm
@spendius,
Do you ever get further than your pub, Spendi? Smile
hingehead

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 06:32 pm
@Mame,
Proof that travel broadens the mind.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 07:52 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
The Pentacle Queen wrote:

I find the sort of new developments there really depressing and prosaic.

What a particularly daffy thing to say! And you haven't been here.

Australia is different - different to all those other countries. And the people are great!
Ceili

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 07:53 pm
@margo,
My brother is in Oz for the year, I'm so jealous. If I could go and visit, I would.
hingehead

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 08:01 pm
@margo,
I think she was referring to England - and Margo you are biased! Bloody strains.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 08:01 pm
@Ceili,
Anywhere exciting or just wombling around?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 08:15 pm
@chai2,
Everyone could list at least 1000 things (including myself):
I have never drank

I never seen Raging Bull or any John Wayne western films.

I have never gone to the Caribbean or taken a cruise nor do I have any interest.

I have never ran or walked towards or away from a live bull. So I will never attend the Pamplona Running of the Bulls.

I will never willingly star or participate in a network reality show competition.

I'll come back with some more Nevers a little later on....
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 08:15 pm
@hingehead,
He's in Sydney. His fiance is a pediatric surgeon. This is her last year of residency. So far I believe they've travelled quite a bit. He's not the most descriptive story teller, so I'm not sure what all the adventures have been, she's pretty busy so I'd imagine the trips have been short but sweet.
I've met so many Australians here, mostly on the hills. At times you would think all the ski hills are owned and operated by people with funny accents... lol
Just kidding, they make great ambassadors and most of them come to realize that the bears aren't out to eat them all...
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 08:17 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

never watched a reality tv show (or care to for that matter)

You never watched any television based documentaries before? They can also be constituted as a reality television show.
0 Replies