If I were not doin' what I am right now, I would be...

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 08:58 am
I love my profession - I won't say the same thing about the present job but I love the field and the work. There's nothing else I can imagine myself doing.

BUT...

I think I would have made a good and passionate psychiatrist/criminal psychologist. I mean, I get such a kick out of reading about psychiatric/psychological abnormalities!

In fact, I might pursue a course or something in the subjects when I'm older and have had enough fun.

So, if you were not in your current profession, what would you be rather doing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 14 • Views: 2,676 • Replies: 75

chai2

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 09:02 am
I think I would be a good dectective.
0 Replies

NAACP

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 05:10 pm
Why talk about what we WOULD be doing or what we COULD be doing...........let's live right now. It's all we can do anyway.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 07:20 pm
@NAACP,
Pah - a lot of us have changed what we do about earning a living and that will happen now more and more. For some of us, it is beneficial to explore our interests.
NAACP

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 07:22 pm
@ossobuco,
Yes, over time. I'm talking about RIGHT NOW.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 09:58 pm
@ossobuco,
I definately would be a lobsterman on the Gulf of MAine or else a waterman on the Chesapeake. Its all physical labor and involves a daily respect for the sea and my equipment.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 10:02 pm
I would like to be a paleontologist, or something related.
0 Replies

NAACP

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 10:07 pm
@farmerman,
"Respect for the sea and my equipment" - So now we are respecting water, and "equipment"....? Is there no hope for humanity?(DAILY respect no less!)
NAACP

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 10:09 pm
@spidergal,
You don't "love" your profession. You've grown sort of a tolerance for it, as you know you have to do SOMETHING. What you do just isn't as bad as whatever else you'd HAVE to do.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 10:21 pm
@NAACP,
Quote:
Is there no hope for humanity?(DAILY respect no less!)
As a lobsterman, Id be providing humanity with a sea treat. If youre not familiar with the many faces and moods of the ocean, then you dont really understand what Im talking about.
dadpad

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 10:27 pm
I think about being a boundary rider or drover/stockman for a big cattle station. Long days on my own never bothered me at all. just me my horse and dogs. Dependant only on myself, the equipment i have and the environment i work in.

Of course i'd have to have sat comm.
0 Replies

NAACP

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 10:29 pm
@farmerman,
"Lobsterman" - Killing another species to feed MY species for their praises.(Narrow minded, unenlightened self interest) "Faces and moods of the ocean" Is this to be respected? Respect amungst humans is pointless enough, now we're respecting water?
NAACP

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 10:32 pm
Are we really TALKING about how we'd like to spend most of our time WORKING for a government who couldn't careless? Is this it? Surely a "profession" is not even worth talking about, let alone starting a topic on it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 10:50 pm
@NAACP,
Quote:
Respect amungst humans is pointless enough, now we're respecting water?
Your own personal self esteem problems notwitstanding, might I introduce you to the several definitions of respect. Some involve words like "hold in esteem" , "recognition of personal qualities through affection" or the combination of "approbation , deference , and admiration".
Like I said, if youre not familiar with the sea, thne you probably wont have a clue .

Continue your running critiques, maybe someone else will give you the time of day.

If you dont like lobster (a well managed resource that is not in decline), well,maybe youd like some of my crabmeat, its very tasty made into a crabcake.

failures art

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 10:55 pm
Campaign and political strategist. Still a possibility.

A
R
T
0 Replies

NAACP

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 11:00 pm
@farmerman,
I got an idea, why don't you go **** all the seacreatures out there already?
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 11:05 pm
@NAACP,
Perhaps a reality check would be in order for you, NAACP, you seem to live
in a dream world that doesn't exist.
NAACP

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 11:08 pm
@CalamityJane,
Define "reality".......

"you seem...." You're PERCIEVING me to not know what "reality"(a suspect word to say the least) is. But who's to say your PERCEPTIONS on what's going on around us is anymore valid than mine?

As I said, define "reality"...........
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 11:10 pm
@spidergal,
Hm, I think I would love to be a professional photographer for National Geographic Magazine.
NAACP

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 11:11 pm
@CalamityJane,
Wow, taking pictures of events/other people/beings. "Click". How enriching.