If I were not doin' what I am right now, I would be...

spidergal

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 01:59 am
@CalamityJane,
Awesome! One of my colleagues here dreams of that too!

I wouldn't mind getting, eh, a piece of literature published in that little mag some day.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 02:01 am
@msolga,

OMG!

Racing car driver! Yes, yes, yes!

I would have been that if I were a guy.

Quote:
If I wasn't doing what I've been doing, I like the idea of being a racing car driver.
spidergal

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 02:03 am
And to NAACP:

What is your ******* problem?

And, I don't give a damn to what you think about my feelings for my profession.
FBM

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 04:39 am
Staying sober.

j/k

I would love to be a wildlife photographer. Srsly. Would love it. I think I'm too late to break into that profession, tho. Too much competition by too many who are much more skilled than I am.

Failing that, I think I'd go back to being a Buddhist monk, only this time I'd take a truckload of books on Western and comparative philosophy with me. Free room and board and all the time you need for studying and meditating. It has its obvious drawbacks, tho.
farmerman

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 04:58 am
@FBM,
We met a woman who became a wildlife photographer after she retired from 35 years as an elementary school teacher. She and her husband have a neat RV bus thats fixed up with wireless connections so she can submit her work to clients from the road. I dont know whether she uses an agent or not but, when we met them, the woman was doing a shoot on the bald eagles of Grand Manaan Island in the Bay of Fundy. She was all set up for these long hours of just sitting and waiting. She had a big camo blind , and had a cemera rig focused on a nest . SHe was using the remote clicker to trip the camera. Best thing was she was usinga Canon outfit . She shared some of her work when we got together for dinner . Her woprk is from a POV that all I can say is based upon her life experience, ie What would a kid like to see in a nature photograph. She had focused a lot on the young animals and her work was in demand by several of the magazines and on lines.

Never too late, she was in her early 60's
chai2

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 05:39 am
farmer - if lobsters are not in short supply, why are they so expensive?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 07:29 am
@spidergal,
Quote:
OMG!

Racing car driver! Yes, yes, yes!

That was a what I'd call a colourful fantasy, spider. Smile
I don't think so, somehow. Razz
But I really would have like to have been a political journalist.
Of the super-serious, leaving no stone unturned-variety!
Ah. One can dream, yes?
0 Replies

NAACP

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 08:11 am
@spidergal,
"I don't give a damn to what you think about my feelings for my profession."

Right. That's why you posted this.
djjd62

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 08:15 am
@NAACP,
for someone who seems awfully disinterested in anything but "the self", you sure seem to be interested in others

NAACP

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 08:18 am
@djjd62,
It's amussing to me when people are wrong.(Or at least what seems wrong to me) If I wasn't me I wouldn't be doing this, but as it is........
djjd62

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 08:20 am
@NAACP,
you can't decide what is wrong for someone else, only they can do that

given your statement (or so it seems to me), then you should be prefacing every statement with, in my eyes, or, the way i see it, but usually you just jump in with, your wrong for thinking that
NAACP

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 08:21 am
@djjd62,
Right, but it's amussing to me nonetheless.
NAACP

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 08:22 am
@djjd62,
"you can't decide what is wrong for someone else, only they can do that"

Does this not imply that there is no such thing as right or wrong, and that it comes down to individual perspective?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 08:24 am
@NAACP,
it's amusing that you can't spell amusing

too me, anyway
NAACP

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 08:24 am
@djjd62,
You're welcome.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 08:27 am
@NAACP,
Quote:
It's amussing to me when people are wrong.(Or at least what seems wrong to me) If I wasn't me I wouldn't be doing this, but as it is........

But you've only been here for a couple of days.
Right?
So how would you be in any position at all to know whether anyone who has posted here is right or wrong about their choice of work options?
You think you know more about the posters here than they know about themselves?
djjd62

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 08:31 am
@msolga,
he/she/it doesn't care, i can appreciate a douche, i post totally douchey stuff like this in the political forums (i do try to make a point, not just confront or insult) quite a bit, he's got some agenda that seems to revolve around only amussing ( Razz ), i look forward to more, but i'm a masochist i guess
NAACP

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 08:31 am
@msolga,
Their decisions of "work options" are flawed as they had no other choice. Due to the failures of our ancestors we are forced to have an "occupation" and it's just picking your poison at this point.

In other words, it's bad enough we're DOING it. Let alone TALKING about it.
msolga

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 08:33 am
@NAACP,
Oh right!

Neutral
NAACP

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 08:33 am
@djjd62,
To be honest, most of the time when I'm "being a douche" - I am merely trying to prove how pointless talking is, as anyone can combat your "logic" by picking at your words. Humans seem to be flawed in this way, problem with language? Who knows.
0 Replies