okie

Mon 9 May, 2011 09:14 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
I have never been impressed by your vocabulary.
Nor am I with yours, and the evidence is in one of your next statements, clearly demonstrating you have no clue what a fascist actually is. Ignorance is not a good excuse, pom.
Quote:
All I did was point out what a fascist he is.
plainoldme

Mon 9 May, 2011 11:12 pm
@okie,
Quote:
Nor am I with yours, and the evidence is in one of your next statements, clearly demonstrating you have no clue what a fascist actually is

Ah, the ever predictable okie. I considered adding to my statement a pre-emptive message in re: your misconceptions about fascism. However, what is the use? Telling you the truth won't help. You will deny it.
plainoldme

Mon 9 May, 2011 11:13 pm
@plainoldme,
A directory of American fascists:
herman cain
sarah palin
donald trump . . .
OmSigDAVID

Tue 10 May, 2011 05:04 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
A directory of American fascists:
herman cain
sarah palin
donald trump . . .
Those are simple LIES, from a simple liar
or
from someone who is ignorant of fascism.
There is no evidence that Sarah Palin nor Trump admire the vu of Benito Mussolini.

So which IS it, Plain: r u IGNORANT,
or
r u a liar ????????

Inquiring minds wanna know.

David
H2O MAN

Tue 10 May, 2011 05:37 am
@plainoldme,
POM, you really hate black Americans don't you.
farmerman

Tue 10 May, 2011 06:34 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Apparently the really ignorant one here is you Dave, Fascism predates Mussolini a good bit. Look up Adolf STeuker.
Im surprised at one who announces his Mensa mebership as a great badge of creds.
farmerman

Tue 10 May, 2011 06:36 am
@H2O MAN,
Heres anoytjher Tebagger dodge.
RULE !---Always try to beat anyone to the tace card. If you appear in the slightest as a racists, start calling youre opponent the R word, itll take the heat offn you.

You need anothre 50 IQ points to make it up to average spurt.
Below viewing threshold (view)
plainoldme

Tue 10 May, 2011 08:18 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Yawn
plainoldme

Tue 10 May, 2011 08:42 am
Over 100 newly-minted lawyers walked out of their own graduation at the University of Michigan Law School on Saturday to protest the ceremony’s commencement speaker, anti-gay Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH). As Andrew Selbst, one of the student organizers of the walkout, explains, Portman’s chilly reception is merely the latest sign that the senator’s opposition to marriage equality and other basic human rights no longer has a place is American society:

The walkout was a statement to a broader audience – America. I think this whole episode fits within the thesis of Minnesota Law Professor Dale Carpenter’s recent New York Times Op-Ed about King & Spaulding’s withdrawal from defending DOMA: The legal profession has simply moved past the point where LGBT rights are just another political issue, instead recognizing that discriminating against any group of people based on who they are is simply unacceptable in today’s society. This walkout, like the Op-Ed, like the Justice Department’s refusal to defend DOMA, is another data point for this observation. Here, even more specifically, we were saying that the for the next generation of lawyers, this is not even a debatable issue.

Selbst is correct that Portman and other proponents of discrimination are an increasingly lonely minority. Just seven short years after President George W. Bush wielded anti-gay bigotry as a sword to rally his own presidential campaign, the tide has turned in favor of equal treatment for all Americans. Two recent polls find that a majority of Americans support marriage equality, as opposed to just 36 percent shortly after Bush won the 2004 election.

Even if Portman did not find himself standing athwart history, however, Michigan’s selection of him as a law school graduation speaker is particularly ill considered. It’s unclear why a law school would choose to send off a class of new lawyers with a speech delivered by someone eager to violate the Constitution’s promise that all persons receive “the equal protection of the laws.”
plainoldme

Tue 10 May, 2011 08:43 am
@plainoldme,
Please note the phrase "violate the Constitution."
H2O MAN

Tue 10 May, 2011 08:43 am
@plainoldme,
Yawn...
reasoning logic

Tue 10 May, 2011 09:06 am
@H2O MAN,
Reality sucks, does it not?
H2O MAN

Tue 10 May, 2011 09:12 am
@reasoning logic,
It does for liberals.
reasoning logic

Tue 10 May, 2011 09:36 am
@H2O MAN,
You really should not allow your environment {other people} to tell you what reality is! It is probably to late for you but I can always be wrong!
plainoldme

Tue 10 May, 2011 09:38 am
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/running-in-the-red-how-the-us-on-the-road-to-surplus-detoured-to-massive-debt/2011/04/28/AFFU7rNF_print.html
H2O MAN

Tue 10 May, 2011 09:38 am
@reasoning logic,
The dumbmasses allow others to define their reality, do you fall into that category? I don't.
H2O MAN

Tue 10 May, 2011 09:39 am
@plainoldme,
Yawn again.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Tue 10 May, 2011 09:49 am
@H2O MAN,
Yes I do! but I am aware of it, so I am able to make adjustments to some degree!

What is it that makes you think that you are exempt from your environment?
H2O MAN

Tue 10 May, 2011 09:52 am
@reasoning logic,
Choices, you have made yours... I have made mine.
You choice lumps you in with the dumbmasses, mine does not.