JTT

Mon 28 Feb, 2011 11:25 am
@DrewDad,
Why do these propaganda terms become so established among even thinking folk - Taliban terrorist! Jesus, the Taliban, along with Afghans do do not identify with the Taliban are fighting to rid their country of terrorists; American, British, Canadian, Auatralian, ... terrorists.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Mon 28 Feb, 2011 08:52 pm
Here she is . . . the flower of right wing womanhood!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZJwSjor4hM
H2O MAN

Tue 1 Mar, 2011 06:56 am
@plainoldme,
Are those bags under your eyes POM?
plainoldme

Tue 1 Mar, 2011 09:16 am
@H2O MAN,
Poor attempt at humor, little splash. No, I do not have bags under my eyes. Besides, remember that you hate me simply because I am a left-wing woman. Left-wing women . . . I watched this video with one and shared with several others . . . do not behave in this manner. The woman is not simply stupid: she's "rude, crude and socially unacceptable."
OmSigDAVID

Tue 1 Mar, 2011 10:20 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
Poor attempt at humor, little splash. No, I do not have bags under my eyes. Besides, remember that you hate me simply because I am a left-wing woman. Left-wing women . . . I watched this video with one and shared with several others . . . do not behave in this manner. The woman is not simply stupid:
she's "rude, crude and socially unacceptable."
U mean like a hippy girl ?
H2O MAN

Tue 1 Mar, 2011 11:25 am
@plainoldme,
POM: poor obsolete manhater
RABEL222

Tue 1 Mar, 2011 11:26 am
Approveing of the Westburo Baptist Church or anyone connected it with shows a really sick mind.
H2O MAN

Tue 1 Mar, 2011 11:31 am
@RABEL222,
Agreed!
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Tue 1 Mar, 2011 12:36 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
(The following reply is definitely not meant to be viewed as a put-down of plainoldme, whom I happen to like personally.)

... like Yoko Ono.

"All we are saaaaying ... is give peeeeace a chance." (Remember that?) Rolling Eyes
wmwcjr

Tue 1 Mar, 2011 12:37 pm
@RABEL222,
Ditto!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Tue 1 Mar, 2011 02:06 pm
@wmwcjr,
Why not give war a chance?
wmwcjr

Tue 1 Mar, 2011 02:49 pm
@H2O MAN,
We all know appeasement led to the Holocaust.
H2O MAN

Tue 1 Mar, 2011 08:09 pm
@wmwcjr,
Ditto!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Tue 1 Mar, 2011 10:43 pm
@H2O MAN,
Ooh, don't you wish you were right, little splash.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Tue 1 Mar, 2011 10:43 pm
@wmwcjr,
Thank you!
plainoldme

Tue 1 Mar, 2011 10:44 pm
@H2O MAN,
We've given war too many chances.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Wed 2 Mar, 2011 06:26 am
sarah palin seems to be a Tea Totalitarian spokesman. Perhaps, that is sign that the main stream Republicans are ignoring her.

The organization Left Take declared ignore sarah palin week, 28 February to 3 March. Left Take has been barraged with letters and emails from wing nuts . . . many with horrid grammar.

http://leftaction.com/action/ignore-sarah-palin-week-228-34
H2O MAN

Wed 2 Mar, 2011 07:49 am
@plainoldme,
I do wish you would use proper English when posting.
Cycloptichorn

Wed 2 Mar, 2011 10:34 am
Quote:
A BOLD STAND IN SUPPORT OF SUBSIDIES FOR BIG OIL.... Before the House approved a measure to keep the government open until March 18, Democrats took full advantage of their motion-to-recommit power. Indeed, they're getting better at this.

Two weeks ago, before a vote to extend the Patriot Act, Dems used this maneuver to get nearly every Republican in the House to vote against a measure that said, "When investigating American citizens, the government must comply with the Constitution."

Yesterday, it was another motion that may very well end up in some 2012 campaign ads.

Democrats are committed to fiscal responsibility and to ensuring that government lives within its means. With Big Oil raking in record profits, House Democrats offered a Motion to Recommit to the House Republican short-term spending bill this afternoon making a responsible cut to the budget: putting an end to taxpayer-funded subsidies to large oil companies. [...]

Rep. William Keating (D-MA) offered the motion on the House floor saying "let's stop sending taxpayers' money to the most profitable companies in the world."

Republicans voted unanimously against the motion, defeating it by a vote of 176-249.

Here's the roll call on the vote. A total of 236 Republicans voted, and all of them opposed the effort to end public subsidies for oil companies.

For the typical American, I suspect this will seem hard to understand. In the face of fiscal challenges, Republicans are ready to slash funding in education, health care, job training, and national security, but they're not willing to end taxpayer subsidies -- our money -- for the oil industry? An industry that's already enjoying extraordinary profits?

Also note, ending the subsidies would save the federal government tens of billions of dollars, making a significant dent in the deficit-reduction campaign that Republicans pretend to care about.
It's a reminder that the GOP's commitment to fiscal responsibility is shaped in large part by who'll suffer as a result of the cuts -- working families can feel the brunt of the budget ax, under the GOP vision, but ExxonMobil can't.

Every time Americans go to the pump -- which is becoming more painful all the time -- Democrats want consumers to remember, "You're not only paying higher prices for gas, your tax dollars, thanks to Republicans, are also subsidizing the oil companies themselves."

Just a few weeks ago, former Shell Oil CEO John Hofmeister acknowledged reality, conceding that his industry doesn't need the government subsidies. Regrettably, congressional Republicans disagree.
—Steve Benen 8:35 AM Permalink | Trackbacks | Comments (14)

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2011_03/028239.php

The Republicans are not serious about cutting the deficit or debt. They don't give a **** about doing so. All they care about is going after Liberal social programs as a part of their ideological war on America. So-called fiscal concerns by these folks are a total lie.

Cycloptichorn
okie

Wed 2 Mar, 2011 11:17 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Rep. William Keating (D-MA) offered the motion on the House floor saying "let's stop sending taxpayers' money to the most profitable companies in the world."

Republicans voted unanimously against the motion, defeating it by a vote of 176-249.Cycloptichorn

Pull the string on a liberal, and out comes words like "Big Oil" and similar.

Not all oil companies are big, nor are oil companies generally the most profitable in the world. I just talked yesterday with a man that has a very small producing company with interests in 30 some wells. He is trying to coax production out of those wells with various techniques, and also trying to figure out if drilling a new well on one place could be done with his limited budget.

Please get beyond the simple minded bigotry against profits and capitalism that are embedded in liberal thinking.