cicerone imposter

Wed 23 Feb, 2011 01:16 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
okie still doesn't understand the US Constitution, and the freedoms it provides all citizens. Peaceful assembly is not a crime until the GOP makes it so - like Gaddafi in Libya.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 23 Feb, 2011 01:25 pm

The Imposter and the Cyclotroll just don't get it... they never will.
cicerone imposter

Wed 23 Feb, 2011 01:27 pm
@H2O MAN,
Of coarse we'll never get it; you come from the brain of a sick person.
0 Replies

okie

Wed 23 Feb, 2011 01:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
okie, You're talking stupid again; study what goals the KKK has. They're in line with the conservative meme; we're talking today, not 1800's. Do you know what a white supremacist is? Do you know what a conservative is?
Yes I know what a conservative is, because I am one. Conservatives come in all colors, black, white, whatever. Conservatives are individualists, who believe in the rights and responsibilities of individuals as outlined and guaranteed in the Constitution. I belong to a group that included Republican greats, Abraham Lincoln and Dwight D. Eisenhower, two that did more for civil rights of blacks than any other presidents ever.

We are not groupees, that need unions or some such other type of organization to be validated, nor are we weirdo radicals that belong to the KKK as Robert Byrd did a long time ago. In case you don't know it, Democrat Robert Byrd was the longest serving congressman in the history of the country. I hope the Democrats are proud of their former grand wizard?
cicerone imposter

Wed 23 Feb, 2011 02:41 pm
@okie,
So? What's your point?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Wed 23 Feb, 2011 08:05 pm
@Advocate,
I like the Ronnie Raygun - Forrest Gump analogy. It's apt.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Wed 23 Feb, 2011 08:08 pm
@okie,
Quote:
Conservatives are individualists, who believe in the rights and responsibilities of individuals as outlined and guaranteed in the Constitution.

You need to flip things over: you have this completely backward. Conservatives are conformist to the point of ridiculousness. And they totally lack any sense of personal responsibility.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Wed 23 Feb, 2011 11:07 pm
How bad are things?

http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/02/income-inequality-in-america-chart-graph
JTT

Thu 24 Feb, 2011 12:08 am
@okie,
Quote:
Yes, ci, Southern Democrats formed the backbone of the KKK for a very long time. Robert Byrd was an example of that stereotypical member.

You keep trotting out this bit of nonsense. Those KKK members were conservatives to the bone. It doesn't matter what party they were in. They were nowhere close to anything that one might associate with the word liberal.

You illustrate a profound ignorance with this silly meme, Okie. It does you justice.
hingehead

Thu 24 Feb, 2011 12:28 am
@plainoldme,
Thanks for that POM. Scary.

A more sardonic approach in cartoon form
http://imgsrv.gocomics.com/dim/?fh=8b51a87ad46aa23ba8513a1aec2a168b&w=900.0
MontereyJack

Thu 24 Feb, 2011 12:53 am
okie says
Quote:
Yes, ci, Southern Democrats formed the backbone of the KKK for a very long time. Robert Byrd was an example of that stereotypical member.

right, okie, and when the national Dems pushed for and passed civil rights laws in the 60s, those Southern Dems bolted the party en masse and went and joined the Republicans, who welcomed them with open arms, and where they and their ilk have spent theirpolitical life since, where Barry Goldwater, and now Rand Pul, don't support those civil rights milestones which meant, for the first time in the 300 plus years we've been here, we were finally starting to live up to the things we said were our founding principles, the Republican party with which they were much more in tune politically.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 24 Feb, 2011 01:09 am
@JTT,
Since okie doesn't know history of any kind, he always has the habit to put both his feet into his mouth. He has practice, and does it very well.

At least he's consistent in what he doesn't know about American history.
0 Replies

parados

Thu 24 Feb, 2011 07:56 am
@okie,
So.. Independent is the same thing as Democrat?
And "linked to " is the same thing as being a Communist. In that case I guess Reagan was a communist without question.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Thu 24 Feb, 2011 08:11 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:
okie, You're talking stupid again; study what goals the KKK has. They're in line with the conservative meme; we're talking today, not 1800's. Do you know what a white supremacist is? Do you know what a conservative is?
Yes I know what a conservative is, because I am one. Conservatives come in all colors, black, white, whatever. Conservatives are individualists, who believe in the rights and responsibilities of individuals as outlined and guaranteed in the Constitution. I belong to a group that included Republican greats, Abraham Lincoln and Dwight D. Eisenhower, two that did more for civil rights of blacks than any other presidents ever.

We are not groupees, that need unions or some such other type of organization to be validated, nor are we weirdo radicals that belong to the KKK as Robert Byrd did a long time ago. In case you don't know it, Democrat Robert Byrd was the longest serving congressman in the history of the country. I hope the Democrats are proud of their former grand wizard?

You are correct.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Thu 24 Feb, 2011 09:02 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I just want to re-enforce what cyclo said about the KKK having the right of free assembly and free speech that other groups share.

As I said, the prof who taught First AMendment rights at the University of Michigan said the ACLU won rights for us all. Knee jerk okie will say
1.) he was a liberal and therefore knows nothing;
2.) he has a Ph.D. and therefore knows less than okie who has "common sense."

Well, the man announced on the first day of class that he was a libertarian. This was in 1968, so we can all ponder what libertarian meant at that time, but, generally, the explanation people offered was that they were "socially liberal but fiscally conservative."
0 Replies

plainoldme

Thu 24 Feb, 2011 09:05 am
@hingehead,
Glad to help, hingehead.
The cartoon is an ouch!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Thu 24 Feb, 2011 09:37 am
Many of us here, including fellow conservative georgeob, have tried to teach okie facts about American history, political science and economics.

okie is unteachable. He rejects everything certain people, like myself, say because we are liberals. While I am no fan of george and often find him simply rude and acerbic, I believe that george was trying to straighten okie out and did it with kindness and good intent. okie rebuffed him twice and I called okie to task twice.

He is consistent only in being what my mother would label obstreperous. His understanding of the conservative philosophy is murky at best.

With that, I will address okie on one matter: Robert Byrd left the KKK and forged a career that was consistent for a man born in West Virginia in 1917.

He joined the Klan as a young man, according to quotes from him published in Wiki, because a Klan official recognized leadership qualities in him. Byrd's attitudes reflected the attitudes of many right-wing people: he was clearly homophobic and clearly anti-Negro. Well, okie, read Douglas Blackmon and learn that the South remained anti-Negro through the Civil Rights movement.

One of the reasons why Byrd remained a Klan member as long as he did is he perceived the Klan to be anti-Communist, a way of thinking near and dear to okie's heart.

Finally, Byrd quit the Klan in 1952. For the remaining 58 years of his life, he was not a member. Jeez, okie, doesn't a lifetime without membership outweigh the 9 or 10 years he spent in the Klan?

Furthermore, okie, you and Bryd are rather close in terms of belief systems. The ACLU gave Byrd a 20% rating. Just as you would (think of your rantings on the WI demonstrators), Byrd scored low on First AMendment rights. The Human Rights Commission scored him at 22%. I'm certain you think as little of gay people as Byrd did.

His record with the NAACP is better than I thought it would be: 82% or mixed.

There are other ways that Byrd resembles okie. He was a country boy. However, I suspect that Byrd worked harder than okie for what he had. okie has scoffed at people who accept minimum wage jobs but Byrd was essentially an orphan, adopted according to his late mother's wishes by an aunt and uncle. He worked all manner of low level jobs while trying to support a young wife and attend college and law school.

I don't understand why okie would disdain a person who is so much like himself unless okie is imbued with self-hatred which is why he writes the moronic stuff he does here: to bring down wrath and curses upon his head.
H2O MAN

Thu 24 Feb, 2011 10:27 am
@plainoldme,

People are capable of leaving the democrat party and leading a normal conservative life.
OmSigDAVID

Thu 24 Feb, 2011 10:30 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
People are capable of leaving the democrat party and leading a normal conservative life.
In fairness: there HAVE been some conservative Democrats.
H2O MAN

Thu 24 Feb, 2011 10:32 am
@OmSigDAVID,

Conservative democrats are rare, but very welcome.