H2O MAN

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 11:23 am
Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar angrily charged off the set of "The View" this morning in support of murderous Muslims and their Ground Zero monument.

thack45

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 01:47 pm
It's always the ones you least suspect.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 02:05 pm
i've brought this up before, where's the outrage over the lack of any kind of monument to the victims, starting the tenth year in, and no monument, no replacement buildings, the islamic centre, mosque, monument to their victory, whatever you want to call it would sting less if something had been done by now

i think the protesters are blaming the wrong people
talk72000

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 02:15 pm
@djjd62,
It shows hate is a greater motivator than love.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 02:19 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar angrily charged off the set of "The View" this morning in support of murderous Muslims and their Ground Zero monument.

I heard that both of them returned to the set a few minutes later. Maybe they went off to get a drink of water.
soozoo

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 03:13 pm
@H2O MAN,
No big surprise. I don't know how that show stays on the air. There must be way more sexist, racist couch potatoes than I'd like to think there are.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 04:38 pm
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

I heard that both of them returned to the set a few minutes later. Maybe they went off to get a drink of water.

I don't know... I've never watched the show.
talk72000

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 04:42 pm
@H2O MAN,
So you comment on things you don't have first hand knowledge of. You should like watching ducks as they quack a lot on H2O, man.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 03:31 am
It shows a lack of tolerance for other viewpoints. For a host of a talk show to do this to an invited guest is childish. Someone should tell them that they will meet many people during their lifetimes who have differing opinions. Maybe they should state up front that all the guests have to agree with them.
PUNKEY

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 07:52 am
I agree with Brandon.

As interviewers, they should have calmly asked questions and furthered the discussion so that the guest's viewpoint would be revealed - good or bad. Let's try to get the full story and have the guest explain where they are coming from.

To storm off the set in protest is not "interviewing"

I tried to watch that show a few times, but stopped. I don't find cackling hens entertaining or informative.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 09:41 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:
I don't find cackling hens entertaining or informative.

+1
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 10:45 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

It shows a lack of tolerance for other viewpoints. For a host of a talk show to do this to an invited guest is childish. Someone should tell them that they will meet many people during their lifetimes who have differing opinions. Maybe they should state up front that all the guests have to agree with them.

I believe that this was exactly what Barbra Walters said the moment they left the stage. I agree it was the wrong thing to leave the stage. It send the wrong message. Bill O'Reilly's venom needed to be addressed, not disengaged. It was a poor example of intellectual exchange.

I think my problem with the view is how the show is evolving. It seems that the show has earned a reputation for controversy. I think at this point, it is less about hearing differing opinions from a female vantage, and more about stirring the pot. I think this kind of shouting and stomping out is encouraged by viewers. It's sensationalist and exciting.

Barbara's immediate words where directly to the camera "this is exactly what is not supposed to happen here." I believe she is the execute producer, and the show was her idea. I feel bad that this is where it has gone. I think it was a great idea and has had some really great moments.

All that aside. O'Reilly was ******* lunatic on the show.
R
T

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 10:50 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

All that aside. O'Reilly was ******* lunatic on the show.
R
T

O'Reilly is a ******* lunatic 24/7.
djjd62

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 10:50 am
@H2O MAN,
yep
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 11:27 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
O'Reilly is a ******* lunatic 24/7.

A major spokesman for the right is a round the clock lunatic. When did you decide to leave the warm comforts he has provided you, h2oman?

Telling, isn't it?
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 12:49 pm
@JTT,
What's telling is that 100% of the major spokespeople for the left are round the clock lunatics.
talk72000

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 08:32 pm
@H2O MAN,
You keep wetting yourself. Rolling Eyes Mr. Green
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 09:43 pm
@failures art,
Their getting up and walking off the set was completely uncalled for. O'Reilly was being his usual arrogant self ("Listen to me, and maybe you'll learn something"), and heaping blame on all Muslims for 9/11, but they should have stayed put and told him what they thought of his opinions, or simply expressed their own. It is Walters show, and I suspect she was livid and read them the riot act after the show was over.

Ever since they had Rosie O'Donnell as a member of the group, it seems it has been more about stirring the pot politically, and generating controversy by having the hosts taking opposing sides, rather than simply a group of women of different ages and backgrounds sharing general viewpoints. Most of the time I find the show rather dull now.

Why the rest of the media made such a big deal of the "walkout" I really can't fathom. Does anyone really care that much what goes on on "The View"? Behar and Goldberg behaved badly, but it wasn't exactly earth shattering news.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 11:02 am
I have watched that show maybe two times, one time I watched a little of it in snatches on cable news when they showed Whoopie all hopped on something, not sure what it was. For the most part all of em' has always got on my nerves except Walters. Like somebody said, it was a good idea but they got the wrong kind of people on both sides.

Whoopi probably left because she knows she can't carry on a coherent argument. She has lost it somewhere or another.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 02:43 pm
They walked off the show because it is what they do and it garners publicity and ratings.

It was utterly unprofessional for a journalist, but Christ, they're not journalists, they are a new breed - Opinion-Entertainers.

O'Reilly is an Opinion-Entertainer, although he's several notches above the clowns on The View in terms of seriousness.

How anyone can watch their utterly predictible and vacuous show is beyond me. Barbara Walters, at least attempted (with great failure) to be a journalist.

Ditto O'Reilly - But I will watch his show whenever I know Bernie Goldberg or Dennis Miller will be on.

At the bottom of the barrel is Joy Beher, because she actually thinks she is righteously correct - much like her idiot in kind Rosie O'Donnel.