JTT

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 03:50 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Lighten up, JTT. We are talking about a daytime TV show. ... Where is it your business to decide how she should be handling her career?

Lighten up, because Walters is now on daytime TV. What in heaven's name has that got to do with her failures as a journalist. Journalists aren't supposed to be suckups to government though most in the US MSM are just that.

Lighten up because Walters gave a huge pass to felonies and war crimes galore. Now that's sensible, eh, FF?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 03:50 pm
@glitterbag,
Who said ALL Muslims?
glitterbag

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 03:51 pm
Thanks firefly! He makes me laugh. I think the critic in the Washington Post was wrong. I don't think Whoopie was irked, she knows Colbert sticks to his sthick.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 03:53 pm
@H2O MAN,
O'Reilly did, by not using extremist when he said Muslims attacked us. He is a genius at fouling up the water and then claiming he is misunderstood. Actually, he is really just a big crybaby. Hmmmmmm kinda reminds me of someone.
JTT

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 03:55 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Guess what! We live in a dangerous world, and thank god we have professionals who are fighting extremists and jihadists.

You don't have professionals fighting extremists and jihadists, GB. That is a crock of ****. You have uniformed assassins taking part in illegal invasions of sovereign nations.

You have a CIA engaged in illegal activities.

It is the USA that has created the dangerous world.

You are fighting people, men who are fathers and uncles and nephews who just want y'all to get the hell out of their countries and see that your leaders, war criminals all, are held accountable.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 04:15 pm
@JTT,
The United States Military goes where it is instucted to go and does the job it is told to do. (please spare me the I was just following orders crap that the Nazi's spouted) I remember watching Bush as he ramped up to go into Iraq and I couldn't believe my ears or eyes. If you can do an earth google and see the grass on your lawn, what makes you believe the U.S. would miss a build up of nuclear stockpiles or the movement of chemical weapons. It was total lunacy, and when they didn't find the weapons of mass destruction, they told the American people "well it was necessary to remove Saddam". They never could have gotten support for Iraq if that's what they said in the first place.

You want to call our men and women in the military assassins? Well that's nuts, my father fought in WWII so you and all others can express yourself. The men and women who serve are putting their lives on the line for people like you. I don't blame the military personnel, but they deserved better decision makers when they were sent into harms way 9 years ago. Too many Americans have died, too many have been injured and too many civilian Iraqi and Afgani's have lost their lives and been injured.

With all due respect, go stuff yourself
JTT

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 04:31 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
You want to call our men and women in the military assassins?

No, that's what Mark Twain called them, specifically in reference to the Philippines, where, true to form, they were just a bunch of uniformed assassins; gangsters and racketeers, which is what another American called them and himself.

Quote:

Well that's nuts, my father fought in WWII so you and all others can express yourself.

We're not talking about WWII, GB.

Quote:

The men and women who serve are putting their lives on the line for people like you.

You just spent a whole paragraph telling us specifically how they are not doing that in Iraq and Afghanistan. They are not putting their lives on the line for anything but two illegal and immoral invasions. You just said so yourself. Shows how effective that US propaganda stream is. Y'all can contradict yourself in the course of a few breaths.

Quote:
I don't blame the military personnel, but they deserved better decision makers when they were sent into harms way 9 years ago.

They deserve a much much better citizenry. But good luck on that. The government of the USA has been doing this terrorism/war crime stuff for over a century and there's not been much from the citizens to hold them to account.

Quote:
Too many Americans have died, too many have been injured and too many civilian Iraqi and Afgani's have lost their lives and been injured.

And yet, here you sit, twiddling your thumbs, expressing remorse, not about the innocents of Iraq and Afghanistan, but about those who committed the crimes.
firefly

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 04:44 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
We're not talking about WWII, GB

Right, JTT. We're discussing The View--remember. Laughing
JTT

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 04:51 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Right, JTT. We're discussing The View--remember.

When arguments fail, out comes that lame response. That's BS, FF. The discussion had gone to a discussion of B Walters, and I believe that you actually took part in that, did you not?

You gotta stop the propaganda and the lies wherever they occur.
failures art

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 04:55 pm
@JTT,
Barbara Walters is on the View. So that makes sense to talk about. She commented on Joy and Whoppi leaving the stage. Talking about her makes sense. Your one issue fits all posts do not.

A
R
T
firefly

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 05:01 pm
@JTT,
Walters is the prime force behind The View--she produces the show, beside appearing on it--and she chastised both Behar and Goldberg for their walkout.

She doesn't have to conform to your conception of what a TV journalist should be or what they should cover. She's done quite nicely for herself.

Stop with your BS excuses for taking this thread way off topic.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 05:01 pm
@failures art,
The talk wasn't about B Walters on the View. If you'll follow the posts, FA, you'll see that. As I said you have to address the propaganda and the lies wherever they occur, for example, the asinine, "My pappy fought for your right to speak".

failures art

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 05:08 pm
@JTT,
You took it there JTT, so it's hardly worth criticizing GB for bringing it up. You took it there.

I have been following the posts JTT. You're off.

A
R
T
JTT

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 05:11 pm
@failures art,
You're full of ****, FA.

On page 1, Finn brought up her "credentials". There were those who commented on that, defending Walters. it went on from there.
djjd62

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 05:15 pm
the only reason to watch The View, Elisabeth Hasselbeck & Sherri Shepherd, you never know what those two dolts are gonna say
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 05:20 pm
@JTT,
JTT, we were still discussing The View and Walters (and it is her show) until you took it way off topic with this post of yours

http://able2know.org/topic/162712-2#post-4386621

Stop your BS excuses for dragging threads off topic. You want to pillory the U.S. for war crimes, and you constantly inject that theme into threads regardless of the topic being discussed.

JTT

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 05:41 pm
@firefly,
Actually, you could have gone back two posts to where I first mentioned it, FF, but that is good enough for you to express this same lame point.

The discussion had gone to whether Walters was a journalist and it was Finn, need I remind you, that took it there.

Quote:
Stop your BS excuses for dragging threads off topic. You want to pillory the U.S. for war crimes, and you constantly inject that theme into threads regardless of the topic being discussed.

Stop your BS excuses for those war crimes! As if they shouldn't be discussed, as if they don't belong front and center. WAR CRIMES for Christ's sake, FF. People tortured, raped, murdered and you are worried about a thread being dragged off topic. Jesus H ******* Keeeerist!
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 06:34 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

You're full of ****, FA.

On page 1, Finn brought up her "credentials". There were those who commented on that, defending Walters. it went on from there.

Yes. Talking about Walters is okay. Using it as your tangent to launch into your usual shtick is on you still. So it doesn't make much sense to be critical of GB for mentioning her grandfather's military service, when you introduced the nature of soldiers. You took it there. You.

A
R
T
JTT

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 10:47 pm
@failures art,
Quote:
when you introduced the nature of soldiers. You took it there. You.

You have a hard time with sequence, don't you, FA? I responded to the following from GB.

Quote:
Guess what! We live in a dangerous world, and thank god we have professionals who are fighting extremists and jihadists.

And as I have said, one has to address the propaganda and the lies wherever and whenever they come. The underlined portion is a lie, fed by relentless propaganda.

How could such a careful reader miss that it was her father, not her grandfather?

It wasn't the mention of her father's military service, it was the sickening piece of slop that came with it.

It's like y'all are programmed to respond like this?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 05:46 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

He is a genius at fouling up the water and then claiming he is misunderstood. Actually, he is really just a big crybaby. Hmmmmmm kinda reminds me of someone.

Hmmmmmm kinda reminds me of Obama.
0 Replies