Calling someone 30x in an hour....obsessive?

JPB

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 01:45 pm
@niecydeecee,
niecydeecee wrote:

sandra35 wrote:

It is common in anxious people

Thank you for saying that. I am an anxious person and in confusing situations, I will rely purely on my emotions.....
This is where your reactions and over reactions stem from. You over reacted to what you saw on fb. Then you over reacted to his not taking your call right away. Now you're over reacting to some of the feedback here. Take a deep breath and relax. And if you see this as a pattern in the future then consider getting some help for your anxieties.
HexHammer

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 01:48 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:
Did she say she does this every day? Does it sound like she's stalking the guy? Did she accept his explanation for why he didn't answer the phone and move on?
Nor did I suggest she does that every day, I even said it may be symptoms of an underlying problem. Accepting his answer or not has nothing to do with the point I have been making and am making.
Please think before you speak.

aidan wrote:
If everyone was always in control of their behavior there wouldn't be any fat people- there wouldn't be any drunk people- etc., etc.
You clearly lack selfcontrol and lack preceptional rationallity, which is why your eccentric understanding of the situation makes you give unsound judgemen calls, and in short please shut up! You are not helping the situation, only making it worse.
HexHammer

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 01:56 pm
@niecydeecee,
niecydeecee wrote:
Hex, I really do not appreciate your comments as you are not FULLY reading mine. I have admitted that I was wrong, I have admitted that I was not in a rational state of mind, I have admitted that this is not an everyday occurrence. If you were not the injured party, then that is all I need to admit to you. Your criticism of my "egocentric/narcissistic" behavior is not one that you can comment on because you do not know me outside of this discussion board. I chose to comment on the comments that were helpful and NOT judgmental and pure nonconstructive criticism. I am asking for feedback, not ridicule.
You don't realize that you actually confirm my diagnose.

If a psycotic person admit to crimes commited, it doesn't make the person less psycotic.

If a person needs to ask a selfexplanoatory question about weather it was wrong or right to do a terrible deed, then the person is psycotic.

If a person ask a question that relates to mental issues, one should expect a diagnose.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 02:02 pm
@HexHammer,
Neicydeecee- now he's diagnosing me - so I wouldn't feel bad too bad if I were you and I wouldn't take his diagnosis either seriously or personally.
I know I won't.

Any adult who says someone else lacks self-control and perception and then indulges in language like - 'Shut up!- needs to engage in a little self-examination as opposed to feeling qualified to judge or diagnose anyone else.

What I would say to you, is that if you don't see this as a pattern of behavior - if you were just really upset and it resulted in this sort of behavior on a one-time basis- I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I didn't see anything you said on this thread as being narcissistic either.

Take care and good luck to you.
HexHammer

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 02:14 pm
@aidan,
You will only heed things by the manner which it is spoken, and usually only understand a faction of it.

aidan, I'll do the both of us a favor and put you on ignore.
niecydeecee

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 02:26 pm
@HexHammer,
Hex, why do you feel the need to belittle everyone who does not agree with you? Do you feel entitled to win a conversation or just be the center of attention? I would call that behavior egotistical and narcissistic if I ever saw one. And thank you for proving my point that this has not become a subjective topic, as intentionally started, but now you have made it an attack on me personally, claiming that I am "psychotic". I thank you for proving my point that the person who REALLY needs to "take a deep breath", as pointed out previously, is you.
niecydeecee

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 02:33 pm
@JPB,
jpb wrote:

Now you're over reacting to some of the feedback here. Take a deep breath and relax.

I feel that I am reacting just fine to the responses here. I can't say enough that this discussion was supposed to be subjective, not one for others to dig up skeletons in my closet and analyze my mental health. These comments aren't generic, they are direct and I am responding in a clear state....something I didn't do, as I have admitted over and over again, in the situation that started this topic.
HexHammer

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 02:58 pm
@niecydeecee,
niecydeecee wrote:

Hex, why do you feel the need to belittle everyone who does not agree with you? Do you feel entitled to win a conversation or just be the center of attention? I would call that behavior egotistical and narcissistic if I ever saw one. And thank you for proving my point that this has not become a subjective topic, as intentionally started, but now you have made it an attack on me personally, claiming that I am "psychotic". I thank you for proving my point that the person who REALLY needs to "take a deep breath", as pointed out previously, is you.
You can whine all you want, but I'm right.
niecydeecee

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 03:44 pm
@HexHammer,
way to be mature.....
HexHammer

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 06:28 pm
@niecydeecee,
niecydeecee wrote:

way to be mature.....
I'm afraid you mistake immaturity for cynicism.
HexHammer

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 12:56 am
@HexHammer,
Please allow me to correct myself.

I'm afraid you mistake cynicism for immaturity.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 09:52 am
@niecydeecee,
Don't be overly concerned if Hex accuses you of egosentric narcissism. He himself participates only with his egosentric narcissism.
sandra35

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 10:57 am
@JPB,
You mean not to say that if a person panics once in a while,he/she needs anti anxiety drugs!I said that it is normal to act in an abnormal way once in a while.I suppose what we do here is helping the other person.
JPB

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 11:01 am
@sandra35,
No, certainly not. But if it's a pattern, and she's admitted that she's anxious and emotional by nature, then it's something that can be helped by therapy and/or medications.
sandra35

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 11:03 am
@JPB,
I agree.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 11:04 am
@niecydeecee,
niecydeecee wrote:

jpb wrote:

Now you're over reacting to some of the feedback here. Take a deep breath and relax.

I feel that I am reacting just fine to the responses here. I can't say enough that this discussion was supposed to be subjective, not one for others to dig up skeletons in my closet and analyze my mental health...

That's ridiculous. How could your opening post be taken as a subjective question not intended to be specific to you and your reaction?

Quote:
So i thought my friend slammed me on facebook, turns out he didn't. But I called him about 30 times in an hour only for him to tell me his phone was in the other room and he was taking a nap, and the post wasn't even about me! Was I paranoid and obsessive??

HexHammer

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 11:24 am
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

Don't be overly concerned if Hex accuses you of egosentric narcissism. He himself participates only with his egosentric narcissism.
You are a mental case, just look at this.
http://able2know.org/topic/161757-1#post-4359809
Cyracuz wrote:

For myself, I would make laws that exist to protect people from their own stupidity illegal.
Cyracuz

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 11:27 am
@JPB,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR8XH3R95xE
Cyracuz

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 11:34 am
@HexHammer,
That's what I mean.

Your initial assumption that your understanding is the only one that is correct, and that you cannot possibly be wrong about anything reveals a level of narcissistic, egosentric thinking that just cannot be taken seriously.

Feel free to examine any of your posts, they are abundant with examples of what I am talking about.
HexHammer

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 11:46 am
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:
Your initial assumption that your understanding is the only one that is correct, and that you cannot possibly be wrong about anything reveals a level of narcissistic, egosentric thinking that just cannot be taken seriously.

Feel free to examine any of your posts, they are abundant with examples of what I am talking about.
Your ramblings doesn't prove me wrong, but please do make sound argumentation and that should prove me wrong, which you can't ..sad.
0 Replies