The 4 Seasons of Ice Cream: Your favorite ice cream thread

farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 12:11 pm
@izzythepush,
In Japan it was a particular "treat" to have a warm bourbon with gold leaf shredded in so you could stir em around. Entirely stupid custom. Like gilding picture frames.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 08:35 pm
Allegedly, ice cream is good for you.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2020 04:22 pm
@tsarstepan,
Ice cream IS good for you.

As long as it isn't done by the pint, quart of gallon daily or even five nights/mornings/afternoons each week. (Or used as a way to push a pizza through your innards)

Seriously, it kept me going in 2005-06 when I was in one of my digestive woes. But I was sort of sensible...only 2 or 3 pints per week (to help maintain weight after sudden 20+ pound loss).
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2020 04:31 pm
Yes, a little ice cream is fine. I love it enough to eat lots every day. So I rarely buy any.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2020 04:38 pm
The best words I had ever heard uttered by a midwife....after being weighed while pregnant and hearing I gained just the minimum I should I said good now I can have ice cream on my way back to work... she replied “ you can have ice cream every day.”
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 09:33 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 07:09 am
@tsarstepan,
hmm - a way to sneak in what appears to be real food - ice cream!
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 07:53 pm
@Linkat,
Part 2: Quarantined edition:
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2020 07:50 am
@tsarstepan,
Mars flavored ice cream:
https://imgur.com/zApzl9w.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 10:08 am
@tsarstepan,
Hong Kong shop offers ‘tear gas’ flavor ice cream
https://imgur.com/rx1tJLl.jpg
farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 11:00 am
@tsarstepan,
DAMMIT, I need to have more Ice Cream flvors with MALT. Yuengling (the beer folks who covered their aasses during prohibition by making lots of malt flavor ice creams), has recently begun re making some of their old "Stout" and "Shandy" flavors all with heavy malt notes. I LOVE EM.
Any other brands out there with some malt flavors?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 11:41 am
@farmerman,
Maltesers do an ice cream, don’t know if you can get it over there.
farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 11:43 am
@izzythepush,
Ill look it up. Old breweries would often be attached to a showy creamery in the old days waay before I was hatched. I guess it was to fool the whiskey cops.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 11:46 am
@farmerman,
We never had any of that nonsense over here.
farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 12:17 pm
@izzythepush,
well, thats because you live in a lan of complete Godlessness .The entire UK is going to hell with a pint in each hand.
Our Constitution usually allows us to try before we buy. Thats all that Prohibition stood for.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 07:30 pm
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2021 09:29 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2021 09:13 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 09:13 pm
@tsarstepan,
glitterbag

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 12:20 pm
@tsarstepan,
One of our local big grocery chains doesn't seem to be careful about the transport and storage of their ice cream. Too many times it has melted and been refrozen prior to the sale, then the texture is riddled with ice crystals. It changes the texture, makes it crunchy. I haven't been to Trader Joe's since the pandemic, but their ice cream is always smooth and creamy. Time to make a run over there and attempt to buy ice cream while fending off the rudest shoppers in the State. Shoppers walk around as if they are completely alone in the store, they block aisles, have little chat fests with fellow oblivious shoppers and block the meat or produce departments. It's an exercise in managing frustration.
0 Replies