Doins

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 08:35 pm
Today I had the great notion of making icecream. However, when my sister and I went to find some recipes we noticed that they required a vanilla bean. Unfortunately, I don't have a car at the time being, so, I can't run to the store. I'm sure there has to be recipes without vanilla beans.

Please post your icecream recipes...
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,882 • Replies: 6

BumbleBeeBoogie

1  
Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 11:05 pm
A2K dessert recipes
A2K dessert recipes

http://search.able2know.com/Home___Garden/Food___Drink/Recipes/Desserts/Ice_Creams_and_Sorbets/index.html
Sanjeev Agrwal

0  
Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 04:55 am
Ingredients
1. Milk - 1 cup or 240 mL - I used Rice Milk; just make sure that if your milk is sweetened, you use less sugar
2. Sugar - 2 tbsp or 30mL - use less if you are using a sweetened milk substitute
3. Ice - 2 cups or 475 mL
4. Rock Salt - 1/4 cup or 60 mL - this ingredient can also be referred to as ice cream salt
5. A 1-Qt (.94 L) Ziploc bag
6. A 1-Gal (3.78 L) Ziploc bag
Step 1
Pour milk, sugar into quart-sized (.94 L) Ziploc bag; shake.

Step 2
Pour ice and rock salt in gallon-sized (3.78 L) Ziploc back; shake.

Step 3
Put small Ziploc into larger Ziploc. Slosh the bag back and fourth across your countertop until the ice cream becomes nice and thick.

Step 4
This is Ziploc ice cream; grab a spoon and just eat it right out of the bag! ;]

Abhibhava Ubriani

0  
Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 05:35 am
@Doins,
Hay! I dont have much idea about this but I can make you sure that you there are some remedies which overcome the absence of vanilla beans.

1  
Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 05:45 am
@Abhibhava Ubriani,
Hey! I bet you're necroposting all of the ice cream and dessert topics for a reason!

Sanjeev Agrwal

0  
Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2015 12:44 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Abhibhava Ubriani

0  
Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2015 03:41 am
@Doins,
Ingrident to be used:
1.5 cups full cream or full fat milk
3 to 4 tsp corn starch + 2 tbsp milk
3 tsp vanilla extract or 1 to 2 vanilla beans
½ cup sugar or add as per taste
200 ml cream or about ¾ cup cream, low fat 25% to 35% or whipping cream
INSTRUCTIONS
preparing custard sauce:
before you begin, set the temperature in your fridge to its highest cold setting. in a small bowl, take 2 tbsp milk and 3 tsp corn starch. substitutions for corn starch are arrow root flour and rice flour. mix to a smooth paste.
in a saucepan or pan, take 1.5 cups full cream milk or full fat milk. add ½ cup sugar.
keep this pan on the gas stove and begin to heat it. stir so that the sugar dissolves.
when the milk becomes slightly hot, add the corn starch paste gradually.
stir quickly so that lumps are not formed.
simmer on a low to medium flame, till the milk thickens.
the custard sauce should coat the back of a spoon.
take the custard sauce in a bowl and allow it to become warm or cool down. then keep in the freezer for 45 minutes to an hour.
remove from the fridge. change the temperature setting of your fridge back to the earlier one.
with an electric beater, beat the custard sauce till it increases a bit in volume. beat on a medium to high speed for 1 to 2 minutes.
whipping fresh cream:
in another bowl, take about ¾ cup chilled fresh cream. you could use heavy whipping cream or 25% to 35% low fat cream. even malai (cream that floats on top of milk can be used). like always i used amul cream.
now begin to whip the cream on medium to high speed. whip till you get soft peaks.
add 3 tsp pure vanilla extract. here i used homemade vanilla extract. you can also add seeds from 1 or 2 vanilla beans.
preparing ice cream mixture:
then add beaten thickened milk to the whipped cream + vanilla mixture.
fold lightly taking care that the ice cream mixture holds the volume and does not fall flat.
cover the bowl tightly with a lid or aluminium foil or cling film. keep in the fridge.
when the ice cream is semi set after 4 to 5 hours, remove and whip again very well in the same bowl. cover again tightly and keep in the freezer for ice cream to set.
when the vanilla ice cream is well set, scoop and serve in bowls or plates. you can top the ice cream with any syrup or fruits or serve it plain.