new partner wants me to avoid having contact with ex

georgewenger

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 10:34 pm
@ehBeth,
Tank you, I agree with you completely. I wish it would work out with my new partner. Sigh.....
0 Replies

georgewenger

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 10:35 pm
@DrewDad,
Absolutely true, we all have a past.
0 Replies

georgewenger

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 10:38 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Thank you for your oppinion. It is really very important your oppinion for me. As you said, being a father figure is important when the child sees it that way as well. Thank you so much
0 Replies

georgewenger

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 10:47 pm
@BillRM,
You are so right about that. Wouldn't it be the fact that I love my new partner so much, it would be much easier to tell her that. But I get the point Bill and really appreciate having gotten your view on that topic. Hope to have the courage and tell her that. Have a great evening.
0 Replies

georgewenger

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 10:54 pm
@jespah,
Fully agree with you. That's why I got sick the last few months because I'm in that terrible situation on one hand to love her so much, and on the other hand having that very big issue which she will never, ever agree with and refuse to go any step towards a compromise. Sigh.....
0 Replies

georgewenger

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 11:05 pm
@sozobe,
That's what I think as well. As long as there's no romance/attraction involved anymore, then it shouldn't be a problem to see each other occasionally.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2010 05:56 am
Quote:
I told her, in a healthy relationship, where trust is the main issue, there's nothing to fear. But she doesn't believe in that unfortunately.

I think you summed it up nicely -- she doesn't trust you.

If you haven't given her any reason not to trust you, and she still doesn't trust you, she never will. You will never be able to reassure her enough. You're paying for the mistakes someone in her past has made.

It is hard when you truly love someone but you run into a deal-breaker.

Best of luck!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2010 06:25 am
@georgewenger,
I'm sorry it's not working out for you, george.

I'm impressed with your thorough and thoughtful responses here.

Good luck...
jespah

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2010 06:52 am
@sozobe,
What she said. Welcome to A2K, George.
0 Replies