On the wings of a snow-white dove

djjd62

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 12:48 pm
@dyslexia,
i'm surprised the Westies didn't think of this before, they like to picket the funerals of dead soldiers, burn Qurans, get soldiers killed, more pickets for them, it's genius in a perverse sort of way
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 01:01 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

methinks the man is a loon.

His daughter apparently thinks so too.

Quote:
"My father is not one to give up," said Emma Jones, 30. "As a daughter, I see the good-natured core inside him. But I think he needs help."

"I think he has gone mad," she added. Source
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 01:05 pm
And now there's some sort of deadline for "talks" or he'll go ahead with his plan.

0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 02:43 pm
The burning is OFF again:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/10/pastor-imam-odds-koran-burning-deal/?test=latestnews
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 04:06 pm
@plainoldme,
Quote:
On another thread, a poster criticized Obama for saying the pastor should call off the burning. The poster said it was none of Obama's business. Wait! A general came out against the book burning, warning that it would endanger American fighting forces and then the Commander-in-Chief followed up and it was none of his business? Furthermore, the last time I checked, FL was still a state. The pastor in question is a citizen.
So that would be the President and a General of the very same nation that practices torture on the orders of the president against international law and the spirit of the Constitution to the harm of the safety of all lawful armies around the globe probably for the next century castigating a citizen for considering carrying out his Constitutional rights to free speech because it might provoke a minority of the people of one religion into rage, which MIGHT bring harm to American soldiers??

Obama has no moral authority to speak on this issue.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 06:21 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
"Freedoms for all" except Muslims. eh?
Freedom for Muslims but not Christians. How did you so wittily phrase it ? Oh yes ....."eh?"

The last person I will accept information on anything from is you. You are clown of the highest order.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 06:24 pm
@wandeljw,
Quote:
The FBI may be advising the pastor about death threats against him.
Now THAT'S a good idea. Where can I put my name on the list.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 06:28 pm
@JPB,
Quote:
Do you think Muslims will turn to Christ as a result of this?
Under Sharia Law there is the death penalty for a Muslim to convert to Christianity. Do Christians have the death penalty for converting to Islam ?
dyslexia

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 06:29 pm
@Ionus,
yes, they do.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 06:29 pm
@roger,
Quote:
The voices in Jones' head are not gods.
Mine are saying not to listen to non-believers like you. What's that ? Kill him ? OK
Ionus

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 06:32 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Have Muslims moved to distance themselves from USA flag burnings ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 06:35 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
i haven't had time to go out and get a Quran, i do have a copy of Alan Dean Foster's Sci-Fi romp Quozl soaking in some gasoline, just in case this thing still goes ahead

As a parent I would like to distance myself from this and say it is not indicative of all parents, most of whom are very rspective of childrens authors and their works.
roger

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 06:35 pm
@Ionus,
If you trust your voices more than mine, go ahead.
Ionus

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 06:37 pm
@roger,
Quote:
The voices in your head are the result of psychosis. My voices are God.
djjd62

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 06:41 pm
@Ionus,
i love mr foster's work, and said book is one of my favourites, but needs must, as they say

do they still say that, i wonder
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 06:43 pm
@Ionus,
it's the voices in god's head i worry about

i mean come on, a ******* platypus and lady gaga, what was it/he/she thinking
Ionus

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 06:46 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
a ******* platypus and lady gaga
I like ******* platypii. Lady Gaga I dont like.

Anyway, buring a book and ignoring it are two different things. Did any Muslims distance themselves from flag burnings that tore at the heart of Vets ?
roger

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 07:40 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
The voices in your head are the result of psychosis. My voices are God.

And the difference is. . . ?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 07:46 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
I like ******* platypii.

er.... you want to rephrase that?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 09:08 pm
@dyslexia,
Yes Dys this single incident is a clear representation of American Christianity.

Your insight into the evil that is American Christianity is just breath-taking.

Only you have the brilliance to recognize the antics of a clown in Florida as symbolic of an entire religious movement in the US.

Once again you've gotten to the heart of the matter and all of A2K thanks you for your clarity.