On the wings of a snow-white dove

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 07:03 pm
Pastor Jones is rethinking his decision to cancel.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/quran_burning
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 07:57 pm
Uh huh. He's workin' it.

This is all about him being in the spotlight, Arella Mae. Or I should say, staying in the spotlight.
Arella Mae

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 08:12 pm
@Eva,
I am afraid that I agree with you Miss Eva. I am guessing his book sales skyrocketed and he's going to milk this for all it is worth. Christians are not supposed to start strife! What in the world does he think he is doing? Making peace? I saw a video on youtube about him. Interesting. They carry guns in his church and they were all speaking in tongues - the bible says only one or two (or two or three - can't remember exactly) should be doing that and they have to have to have an interpretor. It's just crazy.

I almost forgot! I have a question. Why can't the president order him to not do this? Wouldn't this be called creating an international incident? Threatening national security?
Diane

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 08:26 pm
When a poster with extraordinary knowledge, calls other posters names, all that impressive knowledge is demeaned and his or her credibility is, rightly, questioned, even when the poster's knowledge is valid.

This holds true even when that poster is loved, very deeply, by another poster.

0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 05:14 am
@Arella Mae,
On another thread, a poster criticized Obama for saying the pastor should call off the burning. The poster said it was none of Obama's business. Wait! A general came out against the book burning, warning that it would endanger American fighting forces and then the Commander-in-Chief followed up and it was none of his business? Furthermore, the last time I checked, FL was still a state. The pastor in question is a citizen.
msolga

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 05:45 am
@plainoldme,
Quote:
On another thread, a poster criticized Obama for saying the pastor should call off the burning. The poster said it was none of Obama's business.

None of his business?
He (& others in his administration) had to take precious time out from important business (like the state of the US economy & dealing with deeply offended nations) to deal with the dangerous rantings of some deranged crank in Florida.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 08:01 am
will Jones actually go to NYC? I'm thinking not, I'm thinking he is/has already lost his media coverage and going to NYC will not bring it back (just another nut-job in NYC) He needs to re-activate an audience/media to bring in the $ he needs. He needs, really needs, something dramatic to keep the attention on himself. I'm thinking of speaker's corner in London Hyde Park, entertaining for 15 minutes and then it's off to Harrods for shopping.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 08:05 am
@plainoldme,
CI and dys and Miss Eva explained to me why Obama really can't step in and do something himself. I woul have thought at the least there'd be some threat to national security going on. Hopefully, Terry Jones isn't going to change his mind and just won't do this. I sure am praying he doesn't do it!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 08:14 am
Here's the latest:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100910/ap_on_re_us/quran_burning

Terry Jones says he'll call off the burning (not sure if that's forever or not) IF the Imam will meet with him Saturday.
JPB

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 09:00 am
@Arella Mae,
But what about those hundreds of people from all over the world who have made travel arrangements to come to the bonfire?
roger

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 10:15 am
@JPB,
Airfares are usually non - refundable these days. Same economic stimulas as if they came, and less air pollution and fuel consumption. Shouldn't be any problem.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 10:16 am
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/11/world/asia/11afghan.html?_r=1&hp

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/09/11/world/11protests-cnd-span1/11protests-cnd-span1-articleLarge-v2.jpg

Quote:
KABUL, Afghanistan — Numerous protests broke out in Afghanistan on Friday and two of them turned violent in response to plans by a Florida pastor to burn copies of the Koran, even after the pastor announced he had suspended those plans.

Cycloptichorn
djjd62

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 10:20 am
i haven't had time to go out and get a Quran, i do have a copy of Alan Dean Foster's Sci-Fi romp Quozl soaking in some gasoline, just in case this thing still goes ahead
http://img1.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n1/n5376.jpg
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 10:20 am
@Cycloptichorn,
People already hurt by violence because of this lunacy. Lord, help us all.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 10:52 am
@dyslexia,
In what way can he make money off of this stunt?
dyslexia

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 11:49 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

In what way can he make money off of this stunt?
he's asking for donations "to buy more Korans to burn" and selling his book.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 11:50 am
The Kansas City Star reported that Topeka's infamous Westboro Baptist Church announced yesterday that it plans to burn both the Quran and an American flag on Sept. 11, though the exact time and location haven't been determined, a church spokeswoman Shirley Phelps-Roper said. Phelps-Roper said they don't think that Pastor Terry Jones will carry out the burning so they will do so in his place.

john2054

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 11:50 am
@djjd62,
That's some sick stunt you're pulling djjd62! I hope you get some sufferings for this!
dyslexia

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 11:52 am
@john2054,
Dear John............................................!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 12:19 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

The Kansas City Star reported that Topeka's infamous Westboro Baptist Church announced yesterday that it plans to burn both the Quran and an American flag on Sept. 11, though the exact time and location haven't been determined, a church spokeswoman Shirley Phelps-Roper said. Phelps-Roper said they don't think that Pastor Terry Jones will carry out the burning so they will do so in his place.

Good grief, now they are trying to outdo each other.
0 Replies