On the wings of a snow-white dove

Ceili

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 11:04 pm
Isn't this the same "church" that burnt bibles other than the one they follow? King John's version, or what ever their version is named?
Why does the media keep giving them airtime? Without the coverage, no one would be the wiser, instead they give these assholes a global pedestal. Dumb.
farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 05:00 am
@dyslexia,
Quote:
I'm far more inclined to think of these people as the epitome all the ugly hate-filled mindless psychotic religious pretenders. No christian (in my thinking) would partake in this ****.
JESUS loves you you Godless ************. If you dont accept Jesuis love into your heart Im comin out there and beat the crap out of you with your walker.
farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 05:07 am
@Ceili,
We need to cleanse the world of these Papist and Pietist "bibles", they would offend Jeezus . The transgressors must accept Jeezus before we smite them in their apostacy.

OOOOOOOH Jeezus would be sorely pissed at those who fail to burn heretical bibles and Korans.
dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 07:36 am
@farmerman,
yo mama eats kitty litter.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 08:07 am
@farmerman,
This is becoming quite the topic in the Christian chat rooms. The only ones that "profess" to be Christian and AGREE with this Burn the Qu'ran Day are the same ones that follow Fred Phelps and want to start a national revolution.

There is absolutely no biblical basis for this church to be doing this that I can find. Not that I was trying to find justification for it but, as a Christian, I refer to scripture. Scripture says, "Vengence is mine, saith the Lord, I will repay." This church is going completely opposite of scripture.

I am afraid this "burn day" is going to be a mess and lots of people may get hurt. I am against this "burn day" 100%!
engineer

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 08:18 am
@Arella Mae,
It's a lot more interesting that this is producing discussion in Christian forums. It's not surprising that these types of actions are universally deplored here, but we really need a strong Christian response to make a difference.
dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 09:34 am
@engineer,
I'm thinking---here we have some really wacko "christians" with a really wacko "event" which is like 9/11 was a really wacko event by some really wacko muslims. The thing is, we have the opportunity to blame "christianity" at large for these wackos just as muslims at large are blamed for the wackos of 9/11. get my drift?
joefromchicago

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 09:35 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

There is absolutely no biblical basis for this church to be doing this that I can find. Not that I was trying to find justification for it but, as a Christian, I refer to scripture. Scripture says, "Vengence is mine, saith the Lord, I will repay." This church is going completely opposite of scripture.

I may not have read the same bible. I seem to recall a lot of smiting of unbelievers, especially in the old testament (although there was that unfortunate fig tree in the new testament). The god of the old testament, at least, wouldn't have had any problem with the burning of a few korans, especially after what he did to folks like the Midianites.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 09:38 am
Terry Jones Acccused of 'Spiritual Abuse' at Cologne Church.
Quote:
US fundamentalist pastor Terry Jones, who wants to burn copies of the Koran on Sept. 11, ran a church in the western German city of Cologne until last year when members of the congregation expelled him. Former members have spoken of his hate-filled sermons and insistence on "blind obedience."
ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 09:42 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
here we have some really wacko "christians" with a really wacko "event" which is like 9/11 was a really wacko event by some really wacko muslims.

that's pretty much Russell Peters' routine

the 9/11 bombers are Arab rednecks to his way of thinking (look for it on youtube)
JPB

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 09:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
From the link

Quote:
The pastor and his wife apparently regarded themselves as having been appointed by God, meaning opposition was a crime against the Lord. Terry and Sylvia Jones allegedly used these methods to ask for money in an increasingly insistent manner, as well as making members of the congregation carry out work.

snip

Former church members are still undergoing therapy as a result of "spiritual abuse," Schäfer said. According to Schäfer, Jones urged church members to beat their children with a rod and also taught "a distinctive demonology" and conducted brainwashing.

Sounds like a hellofa guy.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 09:45 am
@ehBeth,
I read on a blog that some "christians" in Waco Texas were planning on dancing in the streets while the Koran was being burnt. That's enough proof for me that all "christians" are violent by the nature of their religion.
JPB

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 09:47 am
@dyslexia,
Yep, and it will surely get lots of air time in the world wide media. Proof positive!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 09:48 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

Arella Mae wrote:

I may not have read the same bible. I seem to recall a lot of smiting of unbelievers, especially in the old testament (although there was that unfortunate fig tree in the new testament). The god of the old testament, at least, wouldn't have had any problem with the burning of a few korans, especially after what he did to folks like the Midianites.
I can't deny that God smote or sanctioned a lot of smiting in the Old Testament. However, we are not under the Old Testament covenant any longer. We are under the New Testament Covenant, the Covenant of Grace. Jesus said to love our enemies. The most authority we are given as far as unbelievers is we are told to dust off our feet. We are not told by Jesus that we can provoke them, call them names, etc.

Unfortunately, there are those that will refer to the Old Testament in order to justify things like this "Burn the Qu'ran Day" but I believe the New Testament and the teachings of Christ make it quite clear what that church is intending to do is not biblical.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 09:51 am
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
However, we are not under the Old Testament covenant any longer.

That depends on who you ask. A lot of folks regard the NT as a band-aid that Liberals slapped on the religion later on, to make it appear more palatable for the masses.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 09:54 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

I read on a blog that some "christians" in Waco Texas were planning on dancing in the streets while the Koran was being burnt. That's enough proof for me that all "christians" are violent by the nature of their religion.
I can completely understand why you would feel this way. New Age Christianity has produced some very way out "what they call new revelations" from God. Sadly, there is that Fred Phelps mentality that thinks you can actually force someone into accepting God and if a person is a non-believer, well, they must actually be a demon and ya can treat them any old way you want. It's pretty sickening. I say New Age Christianity because this is not what Jesus ever intended from what I understand of scripture.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 09:58 am
@Arella Mae,
Yeah, that's pretty much the answer that I expected. Whenever there's something in the old testament that they don't want to believe any more, Christians usually just explain that it has been superseded by the "new covenant." All that stuff about shellfish and ritual purifications and stoning adulterers? Doesn't apply -- new covenant, dude! Of course, if Jesus represented a new covenant, then why does the bible have the old testament at all? Kinda' redundant, don't you think? Sorta' like keeping the owner's manual after you sold the car.

Meanwhile, all the stuff from the old testament that Christians still want -- like prohibitions on homosexuality -- well, that apparently wasn't included in the new covenant. As the Church Lady would have said, isn't that conveeeenient!
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 10:14 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

Yeah, that's pretty much the answer that I expected. Whenever there's something in the old testament that they don't want to believe any more, Christians usually just explain that it has been superseded by the "new covenant." All that stuff about shellfish and ritual purifications and stoning adulterers? Doesn't apply -- new covenant, dude! Of course, if Jesus represented a new covenant, then why does the bible have the old testament at all? Kinda' redundant, don't you think? Sorta' like keeping the owner's manual after you sold the car.

Meanwhile, all the stuff from the old testament that Christians still want -- like prohibitions on homosexuality -- well, that apparently wasn't included in the new covenant. As the Church Lady would have said, isn't that conveeeenient!
I am not going to get into a big debate with you about this. It's not the topic of the thread.
dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 11:42 am
I'm thinking I'm not hearing enough "christians" condemn the koran burning, I believe that means "christians" support the koran burning.
dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 11:47 am
I'm also thinking the networks should provide constant coverage of the koran burning so that the world can see up close and personal how "christians" are violent hate-filled lunatics. get my drift?