What TV show do you remember that you believe no one else does?

Intrepid

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 08:53 pm
@Intrepid,
ibstubro
Re: I Spy. I mentioned it back on page 4. Smile

Intrepid wrote:

A few more that I remember are:

Wagon Train

I Dream of Jeannie

I Spy

It Takes a Thief

Adam 12

Captain Kangaroo

Adventures of Robin Hood

American Bandstand

$64,000.00 Question

Make Room for Daddy

Ben Casey

Queen for a Day

Sugarfoot

Father Knows Best

Rifleman

Wyatt Earp
ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 09:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
I watched Sid Caesar and Imogene Coca on Your Show of Shows, whenever it was. I admit cringing re Imogene. Maybe I'd like her now. So did not, then.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 09:39 pm
Peyton Place.. Mia was in that, no? She was the daughter of a onetime close friend, or semi close friend, of my father's, John Farrow, and his wife, Maureen O'Sullivan; Mia was maybe five years younger than me. It was a little odd for me to watch Peyton Place.

I never met her, she was taking a ballet lesson or something the time I remember being at the parents' house, and I was maybe 14 or 15.

We've had divergent lives.

0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 09:47 pm
The Colegate Comedy Hour

Medic with Richard Boone

Palladin with Richard Boone

Highway Patrol with Broderick Crawford

Sea Hunt
mysteryman

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 11:06 pm
@Intrepid,
Sorry, I mentioned Palladin back on page 1.
Intrepid

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 02:50 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Sorry, I mentioned Palladin back on page 1.

Sorry, you actually mentioned Have Gun Will Travel Wink
Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 03:55 am
@ossobuco,
Osso- When I am in a funny mood, I will sometime break out in a song like the way Imogene Coca would sing it.

Quote:
Jim.................never sends me pretty flowers! Razz
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 05:20 am
@Intrepid,
That was the name of the show.
Richard Boone was the star, and his characters name was Palladin.
0 Replies

ibstubro

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 06:58 am
@Intrepid,
Sorry, I glaze over at the answers that have more than 3-4 choices and no comments about them.

It's just like "Branded". I'd never heard of it...until I knew that it starred Chuck Conners and saw the opening. Then I realized I had seen and loved it as a kid, probably have seen most of the episodes. It was the title that I'd lost.
0 Replies

ibstubro

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 07:00 am
@ossobuco,
You might like Imogene now...I grew to have a great fondness for Minnie Pearl and have even collected a couple of her autographs. As I kid I merely thought her crass.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 07:08 am
Anybody remember Rootie Kazootie? He used to wear his cap with the peak on the side. Funny thing is that I can remember the words to the entire theme song.

Here's a video of a whole show!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8779534594264081875#
ibstubro

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 07:14 am
@Phoenix32890,
I've never seen it before, but I was struck by the big-billed sideway caps and the fact that Pee Wee Herman sounds just like Rootie.

Everything old it new again.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 07:15 am
@ibstubro,
ibstubro wrote:

Speaking of sharp writing, "Frank's Place" with Tim Reid was some of the sharpest, and I loved every minute of it.

I loved every single minute of it too. When the network started flipping it around from Monday nights to Wednesday to Tuesday to Friday, I started taping each episode. Great, great show.

Someone mentioned James at 15. Adored it.

I thought this thread was supposed to be about shows you remember that you believe no one else does? It turned into a 'my favorite old shows' thread instead. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Does anyone remember The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd? I can't remember the name of the lead character. A little redhead. I see her face just as clear but her name has escaped me. Imdb.

How about Family with James Broderick, Kristy McNichols and Meredith Baxter. I'll never forget the episode when their son Willie married a beautiful young woman (Season Hubley) who died and how he mourned her one night on the beach. They were only nineteen or twenty years old and he fell on the sand and cried his little heart out. It was heartwrenching.
Roberta

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 07:17 am
@Phoenix32890,
Hey, Phoenix. I mentioned Rootie Kazootie on page 3. I can remember a lot of the song.

So let's all hear a Rootie Kazootie cheer
For Rootie Kazootie
0 Replies

ibstubro

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 07:55 am
@eoe,
It's all good, but yes, it started out as a thread of old shows that you remember fondly and believe to have been lost to the larger population.

I believe Frank's Place to be some of the all time best TV programming. Sport's Night, oddly enough, reminded me of it in that the banter made you want to tape it because you sat there going "Whaaa? Whuff? Wt! Did they just say what I thought they said? And dammit, what has that made me miss NOW?" I didn't have TV during Sport Night's run, and sadly, missed all but a couple of episodes. Felicity Huffman! I couldn't remember her name earlier.

I wasn't a Family friend, but I love your passionate remembrance of that particular episode.

There was an episode of ER where the black leading lady sang "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" a cappella that just wrenched my soul. I had never cared for her previously, and I immediately searched out the song and bought the Green Day version, although it was not as good as hers.

Oops. Bit of a side trip.
eoe

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 08:59 am
@ibstubro,
Sometimes an episode can make a great and lasting impression. I remember so many tidbits from Frank's Place. Like when they sent Frank on the wild goose chase for beignets and told him, "whatever you do, don't let them sell you doughnuts!" Of course, beignets ARE doughnuts. They were just trying to get rid of him for the day. They succeeded. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 12:21 pm
@jespah,
Mighty Mouse Playhouse
Tom Terrific and Mighty Manfred, the Wonder dog
Crusader Rabbit

Rocky & Bullwinkle (Boris & Natasha, Dudley Dooright of the Mounties, Mr Peabody & his boy Sherman, the Way-Back Machine).
eoe

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 03:46 pm
Does anyone remember Hullabaloo? Or Where The Action Is? I couldn't get home from school fast enough for that one. It came on every afternoon at 3pm.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 03:47 pm
I don't recall if St Elsewhere was mentioned. It was a show with many highs and quite a few lows.

Maude

The $64,000 Dollar Question

Martin Kane

The Aldrich Family
eoe

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 04:05 pm
@eoe,
eoe wrote:
Does anyone remember The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd? I can't remember the name of the lead character. A little redhead. I see her face just as clear but her name has escaped me. Imdb.

Blair Brown played Molly Dodd.

Does anyone remember Vengeance Unlimited with Michael Madsen? I started watching the show because of the tagline, "The one who used to bully the bullies".