What TV show do you remember that you believe no one else does?

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 10:17 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

ibstubro wrote:

Zorro? No one remembers Zorro?

Zorro - Starring Guy Williams. I remember it well. Smile

PLus, Zorro was mentioned by two or three posters already.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 10:18 am
Meet Millie
Ozzie's Girls (starred Ozzie and Harriet)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 11:44 am
Mr and Mrs North
The husband was an author of crime fiction, but his wife, who had no expertise, supposedly, always solved the crimes, ahead of both him and the police.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 11:57 am
Harper Valley PTA - based on the song. Barbara Eden
0 Replies

ibstubro

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 12:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
I believe that is the difference between 'mentioning' and 'remembering'.

It's all good, but it's all a lot better if someone posts the themesong or a link or a personal memory. I think if it as the difference between and obit and a celebration of existence.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 12:30 pm
I saw the shows I have mentioned. I have no interest in finding links.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 02:08 pm
Does anyone remember a show...
I grew up in the, until recently, fairly sparsely populated Alberta. Until cable became a true phenomenon, most of us lived with peasant TV, Canadian TV, which meant antennas, CBC, CBC French ( that's where you the boys watched the 'blue movies'.) and CFRN, a local feed of CTV.
I didn't watch a lot of tv, it always seemed to be in the shop or we weren't allowed to park ourselves in front of it. The exception was weekend nights and/or if we were sick, very cold days and holidays, then we were indulged. Sunday nights was the Beachcomber and Disney show, the movie of the week. Did Americans watch this?
Saturday nights the Irish Rovers and the Pig and Whistle came on. During the weekday mornings, children's shows like Mr. Dressup and the Friendly Giant et al were on, I remember the Wild World of Sports and the National Geographic show. (the boys were always waiting for the errant, indigenous breast to pop out).

We didn't have a lot of American content, aside from Disney. But there was one show that haunts me to this day. I remember it being in black and white, but our tv was black and white, so it may have been in colour. It was a group of hippyish actors, 1970 ish, I think some went on to real careers, with no real set that would act out plays. The theme song had words kinda like
Black is black
White is white
together we'll blah, blah, blah, blah...
Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Another show I vaguely recall had Vincent Price, Wolfman Jack and Elvira, I think? Anyone?
Thanks
ibstubro

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 02:33 pm
@Ceili,
Yes, we were faithful Sunday Disney and Movie of the Week watchers here in the Midwest USA.

I know this isn't it, but it's as close as I can get from my personal experience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgyZCgw6kdw
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 03:11 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili, Three Dog Night did that song. Are you saying that it was the theme to a TV show?

When we lived in Virginia, I watched a lot of TV shows. Can't recall any specific one right now.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 05:32 pm
@Ceili,
Elvira? Yes, I can visualize her perfectly. She used to host late at night horror and spooky films.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 05:36 pm
@Intrepid,
Well, I was too old to care about it, but I remember the Zorro phenomenon.

Cisco and Pancho, I remember for sure. Was Cisco's horse called Diablo? Or Pancho's?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 05:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
I remember them more from the radio - the time I was quarantined with scarlet fever, which was mostly fun except for the itchy part in the beginning - but slightly from tv.
0 Replies

ibstubro

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 05:48 pm
@roger,
She also hosted a 3D I-Max movie a few years back that was simply amazing. The stuff comes right out of the screen at you and if they had puffs of air (like Shrek at Universal Studios) people would have come out of their seats! Elvira was, if anything, better and more entertaining than ever.

Anyone get the chance to see it, DO!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 07:43 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Well, I was too old to care about it, but I remember the Zorro phenomenon.

Cisco and Pancho, I remember for sure. Was Cisco's horse called Diablo? Or Pancho's?

Yes, Cisco's horse was Diablo. A beautiful animal. Pancho's horse was Loco. I used to love that show back then.
0 Replies

Meminger

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 08:20 pm
I have to dust off my memory to bring to mind my olden favorites.
Does anyone remember Winky Dink, where you sent away for a sheet of plastic that went on your tv screen and you drew with cheap crayons. So disappointing, the idea was greater than the reality.
What about Ramar of the Jungle. I was transfixed by this program, wanted to visit Africa most of my life because of this show.
Science Fiction Theatre. My intro to scifi. Even the theme song transfixed me.
My Little Margie--Margie and her father, Vernon Albright. Mornings in the summer when school was out.
Jack Benny Show--he cracked me up with his dry humor.
Andys Gang and froggie and midnight.
Sheena, Queen of the Jungle
Annie Oakley
Does anyone remember the show West Point? Parents just started leaving me home alone when they went shopping and this was on Friday nights. Loved it and its theme which I can't remember.
More recently, one I loved was Special Unit 2, a sci-fi comedy cop show investigating mythical creatures.
eoe

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 10:27 pm
@Meminger,
I remember My Little Margie. And Science Fiction Theatre.
Does anyone remember the movie shown in episodes on Garfield Goose, Journey To The Beginning of Time? It went on for months.
How about Circus Boy ?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 11:21 pm
@Meminger,
Meminger wrote:

I have to dust off my memory to bring to mind my olden favorites.
Does anyone remember Winky Dink, where you sent away for a sheet of plastic that went on your tv screen and you drew with cheap crayons. So disappointing, the idea was greater than the reality.
What about Ramar of the Jungle. I was transfixed by this program, wanted to visit Africa most of my life because of this show.
Science Fiction Theatre. My intro to scifi. Even the theme song transfixed me.
My Little Margie--Margie and her father, Vernon Albright. Mornings in the summer when school was out.
Jack Benny Show--he cracked me up with his dry humor.
Andys Gang and froggie and midnight.
Sheena, Queen of the Jungle
Annie Oakley
Does anyone remember the show West Point? Parents just started leaving me home alone when they went shopping and this was on Friday nights. Loved it and its theme which I can't remember.
More recently, one I loved was Special Unit 2, a sci-fi comedy cop show investigating mythical creatures.

I remember all but the last two. I sent away for that plastic thing from the Winkie Dink show. One of my earlier disappointments in life. Sigh.

I"m remembering Ding Dong School. Was that a local show? Loved Miss Frances.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 11:36 pm
We didn't have a lot of American content, aside from Disney. But there was one show that haunts me to this day. I remember it being in black and white, but our tv was black and white, so it may have been in colour. It was a group of hippyish actors, 1970 ish, I think some went on to real careers, with no real set that would act out plays. The theme song had words kinda like
Black is black
White is white
together we'll blah, blah, blah, blah...
Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Could this possibly have been the Mod Squad. Three young (undercover cops) getting involved in all sorts of stuff. I remember the African American male actor had a huge afro, the female had long straight blond hippie hair....and that's about as much as I remember.....other than I did like to watch it.
Ceili

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 11:55 pm
@glitterbag,
Geez, I realized after reading this that the description is pathetic, sorry. The set was bare, with a few simple props and they did simple sketches or scenes from plays. I remember hokey singing scenes too, where they would sing a song, harmony. Hippies... It's all vague at this point.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 12:04 am
@Ceili,
Could it have been "Hullabaloo" or 'That was the week that was"?