What TV show do you remember that you believe no one else does?

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 02:36 pm
There were two The Bob Cummings Show.
Which is another program that had Dwayne Hickman (in the first incarnation). Later reruns were called Love That Bob
jespah

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 03:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
Your Show of Shows (before my time) was Sid Caesar and Imogene Coca.

Patty Duke and Dobie Gillis were both on Nickelodeon (before it spun that part off to become Nick at Nite) in the 80s, so people may be remembering that.

I remember Saturday morning stuff like Wacky Racers.
ibstubro

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 03:52 pm
Have we covered "F-Troop?" yet?
Intrepid

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 03:54 pm
@ibstubro,
ibstubro wrote:

Have we covered "F-Troop?" yet?

hehe One of the sillier shows. IMO Wink
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 03:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I am trying to recall if Phil Silvers starred in The Phil Silvers Show, or if it was called Sgt Bilco. He played a conniving Army man in it.

It was called You'll Never Get Rich. Don't remember it as the Phil Silvers Show. I checked on Google. It was both. Sgt. Bilko was the name of the character but not part of the show title.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 03:57 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Your Show of Shows (before my time) was Sid Caesar and Imogene Coca.

Patty Duke and Dobie Gillis were both on Nickelodeon (before it spun that part off to become Nick at Nite) in the 80s, so people may be remembering that.

I remember Saturday morning stuff like Wacky Racers.

I googled and the Jackie Gleason Show was the name of the one I meant. It is not widely known these days, but after his show ended its run, Gleason had a quiz show (forgot the name) which was a total failure. It vanished and a second Jackie Gleason Show took its spot for two months. In the first installment, he took up the entire program speaking with the audience and apologizing for the lousy quiz show. The rest of the episodes were random guests and Gleason conversing.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 03:58 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

I am trying to recall if Phil Silvers starred in The Phil Silvers Show, or if it was called Sgt Bilco. He played a conniving Army man in it.

It was called You'll Never Get Rich. Don't remember it as the Phil Silvers Show. I checked on Google. It was both. Sgt. Bilko was the name of the character but not part of the show title.

Now I remember. Thanks.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 03:59 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

As I mentioned in an earlier post. It was the Phil Silvers Show. You'll Never Get Rich was the original show name, but was later changed to the Phil Silvers Show.
Intrepid

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 04:00 pm
Topper

Peyton Place

Flying Nun

Bewitched
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 04:00 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Roberta wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

As I mentioned in an earlier post. It was the Phil Silvers Show. You'll Never Get Rich was the original show name, but was later changed to the Phil Silvers Show.

Which would make you both correct.
Intrepid

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 04:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
Exactly! Smile

As an aside, You'll Never Get Rich was originally a movie from the early 40's. Phil Silvers wasn't in it. It was made into a TV show in 1955 starring Phil Silvers.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 04:06 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Exactly! Smile

As an aside, You'll Never Get Rich was originally a movie from the early 40's. Phil Silvers wasn't in it. It was made into a TV show in 1955 starring Phil Silvers.

Do you remember the garbage Steve Martin starred in, based on Silvers' character? I watched about fifteen or twenty minutes of it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 04:14 pm
I researched it a bit and You'll Never Get Rich was the title for two months. Then it was changed to The Phil Silvers Show, but they kept You'll Never Get Rich for a subtitle.
roger

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 04:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
You'll Never Get Rich
You sonofawitch
You're in the Army now
Sound off . . . .
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 04:16 pm
We watched a lot of TV. It was good entertainment for us between the time we got home from school and mom came home from work.

It would be easier if I were to say that my brother and I probably saw all the shows on the lists from the 50s, 60s until they lost our interest and we moved on to another one. Many a time I remember my brother and I laying on the floor hypnotized by the TV shows so much that sometimes we didn't notice BBB come home from work and she'd scare us to death when she came in and said hello to us.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 05:05 pm
Anybody mention the Untouchables yet, or Gangbusters?
Intrepid

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 05:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Anybody mention the Untouchables yet, or Gangbusters?

Elliot Ness Smile
0 Replies

ibstubro

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 06:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I googled and the Jackie Gleason Show was the name of the one I meant. It is not widely known these days, but after his show ended its run, Gleason had a quiz show (forgot the name) which was a total failure. It vanished and a second Jackie Gleason Show took its spot for two months. In the first installment, he took up the entire program speaking with the audience and apologizing for the lousy quiz show. The rest of the episodes were random guests and Gleason conversing.

Certainly does not SOUND appealing!
ibstubro

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 06:24 pm
I can't believe we got this far without Dark Shadows, which, I believe is in movie production starring Johnny Depp?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 06:25 pm
@ibstubro,
The original Jackie Gleason Show was very popular for music and comedy. I did not actually watch the talk show edition.
0 Replies