Is Glenn Beck preparing to run for president?

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 09:24 am
With his gathering in D.C., it sure looks like Glenn Beck is preparing to run for president in 1012.

BBB

failures art

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 11:34 am
Nah. If he has political aspirations, they would probably manifest in state races or in hopes to become some sort of appointee in a future GOP administration perhaps. He could not win an election, and more notably, he makes more money complaining about problems than he would floundering with the responsibility to solve them.

A
R
T
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 11:43 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
no.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 11:45 am
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 05:27 pm
Perish the thought!
Rockhead

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 05:27 pm
@plainoldme,
I love the idea...
ehBeth

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 05:59 pm
@Rockhead,
what can we do to encourage him?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 06:16 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Sarah Palin was running in that direction before she found out that she was way way way out of her league in the office of governor.

I too would like to see Beck run for pres or vice pres. A Beck/Palin ticket, or the reverse, would be a hoot and a half.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 06:38 pm
I think he is preparing to run for Messiah.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 06:41 pm
According to Jim Wallis, this past spring, beck urged his followers to leave churches that engaged in social activism.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 06:45 pm
He said unequivocally in the last few days while responding to a direct question that he will not run for president next election cycle. He said that is not where his talents lie, and that he is not electable.
JTT

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 06:45 pm
@plainoldme,
And why not? That's the purview of Fox TV.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 06:48 pm
@hawkeye10,
I'm not so sure about that! He and Palin would make a good team.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 06:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

I'm not so sure about that! He and Palin would make a good team.
I remember a thread awhile back where the consensus was the Beck is either delusional or on something, and I said that he is damn good at what he does, I think I said much like Paris Hilton. I stand by that. A lot of the Beck show is an act, but underneath he is smart and has a lot of talent. He is not stupid like Palin, he is too smart to do something that has no chance of either success or being good for his career.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 06:56 pm
@plainoldme,
The best advice I ever heard beck say! We need more division in the church. He seems that he may be on our side after all
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 06:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
He said that is not where his talents lie,

That didn't stop Republicans from electing Bush, twice.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 06:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes I do agree I would vote them in. No I need to be more serious
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 07:00 pm
Oh, I don't think he would do that. He's having too much fun, see him giggling behind his hand like that? A president could not act in this manner. Just no, no, no.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 07:04 pm
@Pemerson,
Are you saying that he has some kind of psychological problem even though he does seem to have some witts. It is amazing that some crazy people can be witted but yet still be way out there
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 08:06 pm
I am guessing the ticket will be Palin as Presidential candidate, and Joseph Lieberman as Vice-Presidential candidate. I think a message, in effect, would then be going out to all radical Muslims. You may guess what that message is, but I will give you a hint, as to my thinking. In 1946 Bess Myerson won a beauty pageant. I believe it was a message of sorts to Germany.