Ha! It's Back! RealJohnBoy's A2K NFL "Pick-Um" Game!

Ragman

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 10:29 am
@ossobuco,
I empathize as I mull over this week's picks. At least this game's in NO. Home crowd emotion carries a lot of weight in NFL games when the game gets close at the end. I don't think this game will be close, though. Saints are starting to get more consistant as the playoffs loom.

I'm agonizing over my pick 'tween Bucs and Skins. Bucs are playing for a playoff so winning matters but they have so many key injuries. OK..I'll stick with my pick. B'sides, Skins suck. Just like with Carolina, I always bet against them. Like many poor teams, they give it away in the end.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 03:54 pm
Picks can be changed up until kick off tomorrow, of course, but I did the analysis of how much the leaders here agree. Or disagree. JPB is way out of sync with the others.
Spendius and LiontamerX, tied for 1st, differ only on the Buffalo vs Cleveland game. Spendius picks differently with Ragman on 1, with EhBeth on 2 and with JPB on 6. 6.
LiontamerX agrees with Ragman across the board and is off by 1 against EhBeth.
He and JPB see different outcomes in 5 games.
EhBeth thinks like Ragman in all but 1 game but believes that 6 games will have different outcomes when compared to JPB.
Ragman and JPB expect opposite outcomes in 5 games.
JPB

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 04:03 pm
@realjohnboy,
This is my make it or break it week.
JPB

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 04:09 pm
@JPB,
The Giant might be a bit tired tomorrow

Quote:
Despite a Twin Cities snowstorm that has diverted the New York Giants’ team flight to Minneapolis, the NFL announced Saturday afternoon that it has no intentions of changing the Giants-Vikings start time “under any scenario yet.”

The Giants are currently stuck in Missouri, where they’ve been forced to conduct their Saturday walkthrough and pre-game meetings in Kansas City’s MCI airport. With snow not expected to cease before midnight tonight, it’s been speculated that the game might have to be pushed back to 4:15 p.m. ET on Sunday.
spendius

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 04:15 pm
@JPB,
It was one of my close choices JP so keep us informed please on how the team progresses to MoA Field.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 04:46 pm
@spendius,
The Minn stadium is domed, so if the Giants can get there from KC (some 850 miles away)...
If you google in "nfl game day weather" you will see that there are a number of games that could be interesting with regards to weather.
We in Virginia are being warned about sleet tomorrow morning. I don't have to go anywhere. I am more concerned about losing power.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 04:58 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
I used the weather.com schedule (and forecast) - not sure it'll help

http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/nfl/schedule

I think I may have underestimated things ...
Rockhead

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 07:49 pm
Snow forces Giants to stay in KC but Vikes game on

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-giants-vikings-snowstorm

"The team settled in to spend the night there, with a plan in place to fly to Minnesota on Sunday morning and make it to the stadium in time for regularly scheduled kickoff at 1 p.m. EST."
panzade

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 09:00 pm

Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Jacksonville
Tampa Bay
NY Giants
Atlanta
Green Bay

New Orleans
Seattle
New England
Denver
San Diego
NY Jets

Philadelphia

Baltimore 28-20
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 09:26 pm
@panzade,
Thanks. We are missing the picks from the Cowdoc's. Weather in Salmon does not appear to be bad there. The severe weather is to the east.
Stay warm, yall.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 09:27 pm
@realjohnboy,
define bad.

in Salmon, of course...

brrrrrr.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 09:33 pm
@Rockhead,
Looks like mid 30's for the next few days- perhaps 40 tomorrow- with low temps in the mid 20's. Wind: Calm.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 09:38 pm
@realjohnboy,
sounds downright heavenly compared to the prairie at the moment.

they'll get theirs.

what is this calm...?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 09:43 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
Stay warm, yall.

It was rather warm here today. I was at my son's soccer tournament all day, and I'm a bit sunburned. High 70's tomorrow.

Love Arizona in the winter.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 09:56 pm
I can arrange to have you killed, you know, by the Redneck Mafia. They talk really, really funny.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 10:06 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
MINNEAPOLIS (AP)—A snowstorm has pushed the New York Giants-Minnesota Vikings game to Monday night.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed the decision in an e-mail message Saturday night, with the Giants stuck in Kansas City because of the weather in Minnesota that brought 15 or more inches of snow.

Aiello said the decision was made on the recommendation of Metrodome officials. Kickoff time and television arrangements were still being determined.

The delay gives Vikings quarterback Brett Favre(notes) another day to heal. Favre is aiming to make his NFL-record 298th straight start, with a sprained shoulder that has made throwing difficult. He’s listed as questionable to play the Giants.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 10:08 pm
@JPB,
it would be all about Brent...

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 10:42 pm
@realjohnboy,
Actually pretty nice here. Only had to work around 120 heifers today, and got done in time for a couple of Tom & Jerry's at the last rancher's place after we finished. 'Tis the season. Tomorrow, however, the forecast is for mixed rain and snow with a high around 35, and I have to start preg checking 240 head at 9:00. Could get a bit miserable before we finish them. But, enough of the wonderful world of Idaho beef cattle.....

Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Jacksonville
Tampa Bay
New York Giants
Atlanta
Green Bay
New Orleans
San Francisco
New England
Denver
San Diego
New York Jets
Dallas
Baltimore 27, Houston 17
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2010 08:10 am
Flash! NPR is reporting that the roof at the Minneapolis Metrodome has collapsed. No injuries.
jespah

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2010 08:15 am
@realjohnboy,
Wow, well, thank God no injuries.
0 Replies