I Am Outraged and You Should Be Too!

BillRM

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 12:35 am
@Arella Mae,
Ok, you win in your alternate universe crime overall is going up not down and the hell with the Justice Department or FBI statistics that clearly state that since crime peak in 1992 it had been decreasing and is now approaching the mid 1960s rates.

Rape is now at a level not seen since the Russian army overrans Germany at the end of WW2 and children are being killed at a rate not seen since human sacrifices ended in Mexico and South America.

Ok readers of this thread I did give it a try to reason with the lady and for that, I should feel ashamed.

Amazing that some people demand to live in fear!

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 06:36 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Ok, you win in your alternate universe crime overall is going up not down and the hell with the Justice Department or FBI statistics that clearly state that since crime peak in 1992 it had been decreasing and is now approaching the mid 1960s rates.

Rape is now at a level not seen since the Russian army overrans Germany at the end of WW2 and children are being killed at a rate not seen since human sacrifices ended in Mexico and South America.

Ok readers of this thread I did give it a try to reason with the lady and for that, I should feel ashamed.

Amazing that some people demand to live in fear!

What you should feel ashamed about is how you change your story. I thought you said the crime rate was at an all time low? Now, it's approaching the same rate as the 60's? Which is it Bill?

Holding a conversation with you is impossible I guess. You keep changing what you say and you have this habit of wanting to insult anyone that disagrees with you.

So much for your TRY TO REASON. Rolling Eyes
Linkat

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 11:54 am
@Arella Mae,
Well I've been away so that is why I did not comment. I agree with you - I am overwhelmed. I work 55+ hours a week, two kids and believe me I'm overwhelmed with all the work - not to mentioned I traveled with work last week and was away from my family.

Everyone gets overwhelmed, but everyone does not kill their children because of it. I am sick and tired of the blame game. If some one does something wrong even as hideous as killing their own innocent children, they have a reason and are not accountable for it. Sickening really.

Another story recently - a child had a gun (I forget how young, but young) that he found from his older teenage brother and shot and killed his young cousin. Mom did not get in any trouble - got off scot free because she did not know her teenage son had a gun in the house - oh and this same teenage son was arrest before for having a gun! And same mom day after son killed other kid was so upset she had to run out and get a manicure.
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:41 pm
@Linkat,
I know parents get overwhelmed. I admire anyone raising children. It must be one of the most difficult things in this world to do at times. But for a mother or father to kill their own children? Overwhelmed? My mom had eight kids. One died at 23 days old. I come from a very dysfunctional family but my mom never thought about killing a single one of us because she was overwhelmed. Quite the contrary, she dug in and did what she had to do to raise us, make sure we had food and clothing and taught us morals.

It's very appalling to me to see the sheriff and the press "seemingly" offering excuses for such behavior. Perhaps if there were real punishment in these cases there would be more deterrent from commiting the crimes?

I applaud you linkat! If more parents were like you then we wouldn't have so many of these "horror stories".
Linkat

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:53 pm
@Arella Mae,
You are right - it is one of the more difficult things to do - but also one of the most rewarding things.

One minute they drive you insane and the next they are such a joy. Just recently I forget what the little monster did that got me angry - but about 15 minutes afterwards she realized how naughty she was and said, mommy I'm sorry I was so naughty. Last week the night before I was to fly out, my daughter comes into the bedroom she hands me these two little notes and tell me not to read them until I am away. They both wrote me these sweet little notes.

I wouldn't trade the hard work for nothing - the returns are much greater.
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 02:07 pm
@Linkat,
How precious they sound. You are indeed blessed.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 02:49 pm
@Arella Mae,
HOw is our favorite baby mule ?

David
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:10 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
He is doing great. I am trying to train him to the halter but I'm not having much luck. I think Dave is going to have to come and do it. I got it on him once and he kind of went buck wild and he's really leery of me when I have that rope halter in my hands.

I need to get some more video but it's been so hot he's not really doing much of anything. He is getting big and oh so much more beautiful!

He will finally take things out of my hand to eat. He loves carrots, apple wafers, and will suck on a sugar cube for a second before spitting it out.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 04:24 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
He is doing great. I am trying to train him to the halter but I'm not having much luck. I think Dave is going to have to come and do it. I got it on him once and he kind of went buck wild and he's really leery of me when I have that rope halter in my hands.

I need to get some more video but it's been so hot he's not really doing much of anything. He is getting big and oh so much more beautiful!

He will finally take things out of my hand to eat. He loves carrots, apple wafers, and will suck on a sugar cube for a second before spitting it out.

He sounds wonderful.

David
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 04:30 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

BillRM wrote:

Ok, you win in your alternate universe

]What you should feel ashamed about is how you change your story. I thought you said the crime rate was at an all time low? Now, it's approaching the same rate as the 60's? Which is it Bill?

just in case you didn't catch on, he hasn't changed his mind. The statistics haven't changed. In the real world, he is right.

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 05:14 pm
@ehBeth,
Then how do you account for the links I posted saying he is not right? Do you honestly believe crime is at an all time low?
Lash

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 04:53 pm
@Arella Mae,
Her looks and color will likely seal her fate....I see Boomy said it better. This is why I am completely against the death penalty. It is completely racist and unjust.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 04:55 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
Do you honestly believe crime is at an all time low?

yes
roger

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 04:59 pm
@ehBeth,
So do I.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 05:55 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Her looks and color will likely seal her fate....I see Boomy said it better.
This is why I am completely against the death penalty. It is completely racist and unjust.
I have supported the death penalty, as competent vengeance for the victim, all my life.
I have not changed my mind,
but of recent years, I have mused that the less kind sentence
is life in prison without parole; he is going to die anyway.
That way BOTH penalties r inflicted on him.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 06:02 pm
@Arella Mae,
Is JJ working on his bray ?

Is he doing his homework ?

David
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 06:05 pm
@Arella Mae,
Haven't followed this closely but just a quick note that Associated Content is useless as a source of facts. I've had articles published for them, they publish pretty much anyone, they just want a steady stream of new content. They don't do any fact-checking that I know of (at any rate, I've seen plenty of patently false stuff there though of course my articles were impeccable... ahem).
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 07:09 pm
@sozobe,
Thank you for telling me sozobe. I will be sure to steer clear from them from now on.

David, are you on facebook? If you are you can see new pics of JJ and the newest horse at the Richardson Ranch. I am under Rusty Richardson.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 10:37 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
Thank you for telling me sozobe. I will be sure to steer clear from them from now on.

David, are you on facebook? If you are you can see new pics of JJ and the newest horse at the Richardson Ranch. I am under Rusty Richardson.
Technically, yes; I have not used it much.
I hope I can do it correctly. I 'll give it a shot.
Does JJ have a Facebook account? J.J. Richardson ?
I don t know whether there is an age requirement.

David
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 06:43 am
@OmSigDAVID,
LOL! What a great idea - a facebook for JJ! I'm going to work on that! Let me know if you can't find the pics and stuff and I can post them or send you some if you'd like.