Critical thinking and political matters.

Fido

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 11:13 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

fido, you present an interesting understanding of words/language and an even more interesting understanding of philosophy. I would say your understanding is unique. Are you at all familiar with the concept of "unique?"

If you are asking if I am offended by it; then I am not... Without knowing it, I find I have followed in the path of Heidegger; but given what I know, my conclusions, like his, were inevitable... So what if I am the only one alive to see it, which I doubt... Does that make me a prophet, which again, I doubt??? Not really...

We can all only see our world in two simple ways... One is through our relationships, and the other is through our forms, and we must always relate and always have our forms... But all human progress requires a change of forms, and Jefferson said as much in the declaration of independence, and though it is the most difficult thing to do because humanity so fears change; still, all of human history has turned on such events, all reguiring that courage and insight or desparation to change... What I have that others lack is formal sight... I see the moral and social and physical forms we work through to have our lives... I can see what is going on and how we relate, and that does not help me all that much in dealing with my own relationships except that I am not flying blind... Nor am I blinded by ideals or outrageous expectations for humanity... We is what we is, and when humanity kicks humanity then humanity hurts... We need only be aware of our consequences... Our will is our way, but it is also a weapon which may work as well against us as for...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 11:48 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

there's no such thing as "natural" behavior, there are no "rules of nature" there may very well be "common" behavior but not "natural" behavior. This may sound like a semantic issue but it's not; it's really a misunderstanding of the concept of "natural"
All behavior which springs for the natal/navel relationship between mother and child is natural... Natural forms of relationship are those drawing upon ones relationship with ones mother, or common mother in the traditional sense of the word: Alma Mater, soul mother...It is the natural relationships that have bound people together, given them common cause, and set them against other nations... In the words of one Englishman, nation is not a place, but a people...In the most general sense, what is natural to people is natural to all of humanity; but to ask what behavior is natural is really to ask what is customary to a nation, or instinctive of all people, which is the basis of ethics, because all nations are judged by their individuals and all individuals are judged by their nations...

Natural law which began as the Roman Law of Nations was that place where individual equality was first legally advanced as equality between nations, looking for a universal law to govern all peoples by muturally acceptable standards... Law must always take into account its alternative if it would be successful, and that alternative is rogue justice, or feud... When the social contract is old, and people have forgotten that it is by choice that they give up the right to instant justice, and that the promise of justice by the state must be fulfilled, then law becomes a thing in itself, turned to private rather than public purpose, and drained of its power and meaning as a form...

Natural relationships can seldom be drained of all their meaning, but social forms with the same end may be turned entirely away from their purpose and lead to the extinction or subjugation of an entire state... That is what we are looking at today..If we cannot abandon unnatural forms, and make a true nation of this mixed up humanity in this country, then we are finished...We all only have one soul mother, and it is justice, and that is our reason for being...
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 01:24 pm
@Fido,
Is that why some mothers kill their infants?
Fido

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 04:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Is that why some mothers kill their infants?
Mother mice when seriously threatened eat their babies and move on... No specific instinct can be judged in isolation... Why some mothers kill, and why some mothers abort before birth, why some mothers reject or abuse their children may be the result of many and different causes, unique to each individual... We can say that the instinct toward bonding is by far more common among children and mother's alike.. And that it is natural... Saying I know that does not mean I know everything... We live in antinatural worlds that discount our bond and responsibility toward our fellows... What if our unnatural, loveless worlds simply push people too far???
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 04:29 pm
@Fido,
So, are you confirming that they are all natural?
Fido

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 08:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Disease, another word you should look closely at is as natural as health; but none of our social forms created out of our moral forms which are not directly natural, that is, springing from the familial relationship are natural... How many times do I need to define it before you get it... If you object to my definition, offer one better, but given the limits of the word, good luck...
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 08:21 pm
@Fido,
Your gonna have to clarify that one. You lost me with
Quote:
but none of our social forms created out of our moral forms which are not directly natural, that is, springing from the familial relationship are natural.
Fido

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 08:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Your gonna have to clarify that one. You lost me with
Quote:
but none of our social forms created out of our moral forms which are not directly natural, that is, springing from the familial relationship are natural.

Look at our government, and specifically our constitution... In the preamble it is stated the goals it was created to achieve, and every one excepting perhaps defense are moral values, meanings only, which are moral forms, and while these moral forms are the same that families and extended families and tribes and nations pursue: justice, unity, general welfare, tranquilty, liberty; the social form created to achieve these moral forms is not natural even though it aims at the creation of a unified nation...
Look, The Greeks tried to build an empire of states, and the Romans came very close to an inclusive society offering citizenship to the provences... We have tried to build a nation out of many different peoples, an un-natural nation held together by shared moral values... But the reason such states have not be able to keep themselves together for any length of time while true nations have existed unchanged from almost the dawn of time, is that they are not natural...

It is hard to injure ones family, and go against the bonds of affection, but in our nation it is thought strange if one does not take advantage of others, or exploit them... The natural relationships which gave protection to people in the past does not exist in our un natural nation, and justice as a moral form has no power, so exploitation goes on apace...
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 09:41 pm
@Fido,
Can somebody out there translate what Fido wrote?
Fido

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 10:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Can somebody out there translate what Fido wrote?

I can... It is simple now... Do you need it in stupid???
rabel22

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 11:18 pm
@Fido,
We have already had it in stupid from you. Now how makeing a rational explanation.
plainoldme

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 06:19 am
www.muslimsinamerica.org
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 10:34 am
@Fido,
Okay, Fido, take what your wrote
Quote:
Look at our government, and specifically our constitution... In the preamble it is stated the goals it was created to achieve, and every one excepting perhaps defense are moral values, meanings only, which are moral forms, and while these moral forms are the same that families and extended families and tribes and nations pursue: justice, unity, general welfare, tranquilty, liberty; the social form created to achieve these moral forms is not natural even though it aims at the creation of a unified nation...
, to an English grammar teacher, and ask him/her about your attempts at trying to communicate any idea from it.

Have them translate it into real English, and bring it back to a2k.

Thank you.
Fido

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 10:46 am
@rabel22,
rabel22 wrote:

We have already had it in stupid from you. Now how makeing a rational explanation.

Liar...I would need to borrow your dictionary of stupidity before I could translate fairly simple into stupid... Everyone has their strengths, but I will leave stupid to you... I do want you to know that other more rational people have had a go at what I am saying... I wouold try Heidegger, but ultrarational would roll off you like water off a duck... Instead, I am doing my best to express a thought or thoughts which may be foreign to you, but which have their own logic... Reason is for the physical world, and in the physical world all things are thought to behave with a reason as they do... Of moral reality no such reason can be found... It is often moral, for example, for a person to risk life to save life, but it is never strictly logical unless the person owes you money...
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 10:51 am
@Fido,
It's becomes foreign to most of us when you bastardize the English language.

Please comply with my request, and take what you wrote to an English teacher/professor - or even an editor. Find out if your ability to communicate is "foreign" or not.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 10:52 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Okay, Fido, take what your wrote
Quote:
, to an English grammar teacher, and ask him/her about your attempts at trying to communicate any idea from it.

Have them translate it into real English, and bring it back to a2k.

Thank you.

Social forms are made out of moral forms... An example of this is law as a social form made to achieve justice, as a moral form... Sorry you can't get the difference, but when law does not reach that moral form, so that people feel the law is unjust, then they must change their form, which is exactly the sense in which T Jefferson uses the word: Form, in the Declaration of Independence... In fact, thought the thought seems foreign to us because we want forms for their stability, ALL human progress has involved a change of forms... And I mean ALL... Those people in that revolutionary age understood what they were trying to accomplish because they understood forms, and understood the world as we all do, through forms... It was only that they were conscious of forms and you are unconscious, period...
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 11:28 am
@Fido,
Fido, How dumb are you? You cannot legislate morals; it's an impossible task.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 01:04 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
Social forms are made out of moral forms... An example of this is law as a social form made to achieve justice, as a moral form... Sorry you can't get the difference, but when law does not reach that moral form, so that people feel the law is unjust, then they must change their form, which is exactly the sense in which T Jefferson uses the word: Form, in the Declaration of Independence.

No, Jefferson's use of the word "form" has nothing to do with moral forms or the other way you are using the word.

Quote:
That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed

Jefferson is talking about a form of government. Every time he uses the word it refers to government. It has nothing to do with "moral forms".
Fido

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 09:26 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:
Social forms are made out of moral forms... An example of this is law as a social form made to achieve justice, as a moral form... Sorry you can't get the difference, but when law does not reach that moral form, so that people feel the law is unjust, then they must change their form, which is exactly the sense in which T Jefferson uses the word: Form, in the Declaration of Independence.

No, Jefferson's use of the word "form" has nothing to do with moral forms or the other way you are using the word.

Quote:
That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed

Jefferson is talking about a form of government. Every time he uses the word it refers to government. It has nothing to do with "moral forms".

Okay, Jefferson said form, which is a social form, Government; and if you read Aristotle, then his conclusion was that governments are formed for good, since that is the object of all human activity... Now, Good has never been defined though it has often been danced around, and the goods for which our government was formed are clearly stated and they are not defined either, and it is because, as infinites they cannot be defined, and so exist as moral, which is to say spiritual, forms... And this is a common division of reality, the moral and the physical, thought it is called emphatic in some instances... For example, to talk about the condition of the military one must talk of the physic, the physical condition, or morale, which is the spiritual condition, esprit de corp...It is obvious that we build social forms like government to achieve spiritual goods... It was clearly obvious to Ho Chi Minh, that we were fighting for spiritual values like freedom, while he was fighting for a traditional western value of materialism...Like the Americans in his day you may be blind the the moral values that motivate you, and because you have a sufficient definition of your moral forms, you may think they agree in every essential detail with others, and I will guarantee you that they do not... Moral forms cannot be defined except subjectively, which is to say: NOT at all... Yet moral forms stand behind all our activity just as Aristotle said of Good, another moral form... The fact that we cannot define such forms does not stop us from building social forms to achieve them, and make them real in our lives, and to a degree, our governement has made freedom a reality, and peace and unity, and nation, and welfare... Since it is also falling short, in needs to be reformed, or replaced as jefferson said...But when it is reformed it will be to achieve the same moral forms this government has failed to reach...It has not failed because the goals were bad... In part, it should have done more to define the moral forms, even though that is really impossible...And then they should have spelled it out, that the government should be judged on the basis of how well it realize the moral form with the social form...

And let me explain something to you, the knowing of which separate pedestrians from philosophers... Everything is a form/idea/concept/notion...When we see the appearance of a thing, and recognize it we are recognizing its form, and all forms, social and moral and physical form are forms of relationship... Like government, for an example, or employment, or school, or marriage are not simply forms, but also forms people relate through for a specific reason...Forms are not essential to all of reality, but are an essential part of our consciousness of reality... Now you say that is not how Jefferson used the term...There is one use of the term, which is quite common... We say formula, uniform, reform, inform, deform, or plain old form, and the meaning is the same... NO one should need a dictionary to understand the word, as it is so often, and accurately used... Jefferson used it correctly, and his conclusion were correct in regard to forms, that they should not be change for light and transient causes... But; once more, the whole of human progress has involved a change of forms... A change from a tent to a dungeon is a changed of forms, and yet the form is still a dwelling... It is too bad jefferson did not distinguish between moral and physical formss, and make life easy for you... Heidegger in his way did just that...Jefferson made a point of casting the need for revolution in metaphysical term, to achieve those moral values of life, liberty, and happiness...It is a big mistake to presume as Jefferson did that we all know what these words mean...The meaning is unique to each of us...
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 09:29 pm
@Fido,
Fido, All I had to do was read your first sentence to know you don't know what in the world you are talking about. Not all governments are created for the good of the people. Even Greek philosophers knew that.