Critical thinking and political matters.

Fido

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 10:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Fido, You must study world history much, much more. Most cultures practiced what you describe as limited to Inca kings and Egyptian pharaohs.

I would bet you you have not come close to reading the history I have, and that you do not own near the books... In fact, it is among primitive peoples that the incest taboo holds the greatest power, as it should..
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 11:11 pm
@Fido,
It doesn't matter how many books one owns or reads; it's how much one learns from them. "Taboo" is a subjective label depending on the period and culture it applies to. All human groups and cultures are descended from "primitive peoples." Three thousand years ago, Egypt was considered one of the most advanced civilizations on this planet. During the time of Roman Egypt, it was common for brothers to take their sister as bride and raise a family with them. Laws against incest were not followed. Even during early Greek mythology, brother and sister had relations, and their gods were of the human form. Asian royals and emperors were also incestuous, which goes to show many cultures practiced it - even at high levels of royalty.

Although there are many laws against incest in many countries, its citizens break the laws and still marry close relatives.

Your reading materials have failed you.
Fido

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 05:33 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

It doesn't matter how many books one owns or reads; it's how much one learns from them. "Taboo" is a subjective label depending on the period and culture it applies to. All human groups and cultures are descended from "primitive peoples." Three thousand years ago, Egypt was considered one of the most advanced civilizations on this planet. During the time of Roman Egypt, it was common for brothers to take their sister as bride and raise a family with them. Laws against incest were not followed. Even during early Greek mythology, brother and sister had relations, and their gods were of the human form. Asian royals and emperors were also incestuous, which goes to show many cultures practiced it - even at high levels of royalty.

Although there are many laws against incest in many countries, its citizens break the laws and still marry close relatives.

Your reading materials have failed you.

The incest taboo is the universal law of mankind, but the head families of conquering groups often kept their power with claims of divinity, much as the Roman emperors... Such people were above culture and above the laws of mankind, but they were not above the laws of nature... With a father daughter incestuous relationship there is a 50/50 chance of an anomoly showing up, that is, a birth defect....

What humans could not punish the Gods were thought to punish, and you see this in Oedipus Tyranus where plague afflicted the whole people for the crimes of paricide and incest...And there is a line there that incest is an act even cattle do not do, perhaps because they have more natural sense; but culture is knowledge, and some people showed an absolute terror of the act, with the Iroquois being able to trace their family trees back 6 generations, minimum... What do you think the object of the totem poll is??? Sure, people wanted to honor their supernatural totems, but totems were family names, and if one had so many bears or eagles stacked one on top of the other, everyone would have seen the residence of a degenerate family...I am certain it is were we get the term, for in gentile society, no person would behave in like fashion... One has to have wealth and power to be truly degenerate...

I agree that we are inbred... The Iroquois have too since their gentile society has been broken down... One study found the whole city of Paris closely related, there being a shared lineage within six generations... The anthropologist, Claude Levi Straus covered this issue in some of his books since what is essential to the health of community, that is, marriage with strangers is also problematic for the community since strangers are viewed as animals, and a wife away from her people is likely to be a clinging wife, like the tree frog of myth visible on the back of the moon...We love the familier and hate the foreign, but it is in foreign genes that genetic health lies... Genetic illnesses are a major part of the price of health care, and for the most part, one that is avoidable... If you look at Diaspera Jews who are extremely over bred, they can fill text books with their diseases, and yet in many states it is still legal for Jews to marry their cousins because the behavior is shown clearly in Genesis, and restricted to their own kind, they had little choice in mates... There is the money issue as well, that to keep wealth intact people override culture and morality; but this has been the destruction of many...
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 10:50 am
@Fido,
Have you ever heard of Pitcairn Island? Study that society to learn about incest and sex crimes in a confined group.
Fido

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 11:02 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Have you ever heard of Pitcairn Island? Study that society to learn about incest and sex crimes in a confined group.

I actually met some one from Pitcairn Island... I told her her relatives gave it up for nails, because the natives had no iron, and Captain Bly made himself obnoxious because he punished people for stealing nails for sex when no boat could float without them...She looked normal enough... I am certain you are missing my point altogether... And I have to go weed wack now...Sorry... Ill try not to get any on me... or you either
0 Replies

Zetherin

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 11:07 am
Fido wrote:
And I have to go weed wack now...Sorry... Ill try not to get any on me... or you either

I don't have anything to say in response, I just figured this was worth quoting.
Fido

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 01:14 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:

Fido wrote:
And I have to go weed wack now...Sorry... Ill try not to get any on me... or you either

I don't have anything to say in response, I just figured this was worth quoting.

I just bought a whip type weed wacker at a yard sale for five bucks because it did not run. The little bulb for priming the motor was shot, and a few buck later I am a mad, weed wacking fool... And just in time.. My strawberry patch on the next lot was over whelmed with weeds, and still is because I only tool off the top... In any event, there is plenty of pulling before they drop any more seeds, and thining out of the berries so they will produce better... A farmer I ain't and mostly because it is too damned much work... I am 56 and almost 57, and ready for fun... I hate them though... Those little two cycle motors are so easily gummed up, and I have a bunch of wackers that don't run, or only work by appointment... But now, I am ready, and those weeds better run and hide cause I'm a comin like some modern day grim reaper...
Zetherin

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 02:33 pm
@Fido,
Ah, so you didn't intend for the sexual innuendo.
Fido

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 10:22 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:

Ah, so you didn't intend for the sexual innuendo.

Oh gosh... Like pull my pud, or wax my cadilac... Oh no... I've never done that before and I am never doing it again... Its just that, If I decide to shake my bottle till it pops it will be because I don't stand a chance of getting any anywhere else but from Mary Palmer...

Kin I tell you a story... A guy told me a limrick once, like this: There once was a fellow named perkins who was always jerking his gurkin; his mother said perkins, quit jerkin your gerkin; your gurkins for furkin not jerkin... Okay, I went for years not knowing what a gurkin was, and thought it only rhimed with jerkin... Then I found a friend who grew pickles on a pickle farm with his family, and one of the sorts of pickles he grew was gurkins... I said: Whatzagurkin??? My buddy said: A little tiny pickle... Naturally I had to tell him the limrick...
roger

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 10:28 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

I've never done that before and I am never doing it again...

Man, you're just full of quotable lines tonight!
Fido

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 06:41 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Fido wrote:

How about this one: The second liar never has a chance..
Intrepid

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 06:47 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

roger wrote:

Fido wrote:

Are you a number one or a number two?
kennethamy

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 07:26 am
Well, at least this thread had an interesting and important start. But now look what has become of it!
Intrepid

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 07:28 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy wrote:

Well, at least this thread had an interesting and important start. But now look what has become of it!

Kinda went down the toilet, huh?
Fido

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 08:48 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Fido wrote:

roger wrote:

Fido wrote:

Are you a number one or a number two?

If you have to ask you will never know...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 08:49 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy wrote:

That reminds me of the joke about the two Chinese: Once there were these two Chinese... Now look at how many there are...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 08:51 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

kennethamy wrote:

Kinda went down the toilet, huh?

You know, I just took a trip down a sewer in a glass bottomed boat, and believe it or not, some people actually called it a river...
0 Replies

Ahab

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 01:25 pm
It is good to hear that Feisal Abdul Rauf is still moving ahead with plans to build this community center.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/08/opinion/08mosque.html?_r=1
kennethamy

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 05:54 pm
@Ahab,
Ahab wrote:

It is good to hear that Feisal Abdul Rauf is still moving ahead with plans to build this community center.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/08/opinion/08mosque.html?_r=1

Yes, he seem to be a man even decency will not deter.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 05:58 pm
@kennethamy,
Come again?
0 Replies