Critical thinking and political matters.

wandeljw

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 02:20 pm
@kennethamy,
I agree with you.

(you really have no idea what I am talking about)
dyslexia

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 02:23 pm
@wandeljw,
and I agree with wandeljw.
0 Replies

GoshisDead

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 02:29 pm
@wandeljw,
pointing it out is only fun for so long
Zetherin

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 02:52 pm
@kennethamy,
Let's not play the oblivious card. You know that attaching that Hindu quote to your post, did make it seem as though you were endorsing what you quoted.

kennethamy wrote:
Indeed, and they just showed it by stoning to death a young couple who eloped. In Saudi Arabia, a man's spinal chord was damaged by some person. The sentence of the courts was that, since Sharia law dictates an eye-for-an-eye, the man who did the damaging of the spinal chord, must have his spinal chord damaged. So they are running around looking for some hospital that damages spinal chords. Nice.

I suppose if we were to say that it seems as though you mean Muslims are less tolerant here, you would deny that and then note that you were simply pointing out a recent incident involving Muslims. Right?
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Infidels are alive and well in every culture and religion. Your statements do not have any reality to common sense to them - just fear tactics as used by conservatives in this country.

The so called conservatives of this country are right religious reactionaries... I am a revolutionary, and as such I see the advantages and disadvantages in every moral form... As one must to realize that we build our social forms out of our moral forms... We could not keep apart from those people once we started taking their oil, and meddling in their affairs to do so...And contact reveals that we are not Christians in any sense of the word, but out and out pagans for the most part with the worst of that bunch pretending to be Christians of the most devout sort... That makes us infidels to them, unfaithful, the sort they can kill or enslave at will... What crime is it to make a slave of a slave, after all???
Fido

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:52 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

It seems by appearances, Muslim have more tolerance than the bigots we have in our country.

Indeed, and they just showed it by stoning to death a young couple who eloped. In Saudi Arabia, a man's spinal chord was damaged by some person. The sentence of the courts was that, since Sharia law dictates an eye-for-an-eye, the man who did the damaging of the spinal chord, must have his spinal chord damaged. So they are running around looking for some hospital that damages spinal chords. Nice.

Don't be a dumass, Kenny... What works for them has worked for many generations, and they can control their children as we cannot because they accept group responsibility as every honor society does... You forget, if you ever knew that our forefathers once lived in that same fashion, and should know that we survived because of such behavior while now, many do not survive while their parents and kin stand by helplessly, unable to rectify their own children for their own good... Those children dishonored their parents, and that is the worst sort of crime in an honor society because here, as there, all people live on their honor, though they are correctly more conscious of the fact...
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:52 pm
@Fido,
The perceptions about morals and how individuals live their lives are as varied and complex in all cultures. Trying to identify anything that resembles "morals" by group is a losing proposition; it can't be found.
Fido

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:53 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:
It seems by appearances, Muslim have more tolerance than the bigots we have in our country.
kennethamy wrote:
U succeeded in making your point very well !

David

Agreedl if his point was that he is a dumass... Like I said: We do not understand those people....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:55 pm
@Fido,
Fido, So out of the 1.7 billion Muslims, how representative is that one incident, and how can you logically apply that one incident to all Muslims? You're trying awfully hard to being stupid.

There was a report recently of an American mother who killed her baby. Absorb that, because it's fact, and expand that to the whole of America.

Can you do that?
Fido

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:55 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:
kennethamy wrote:
U succeeded in making your point very well !

David

Yes I did, didn't I? But really, the target is too large and obvious to miss. It is like the side of a large barn.

You couldn't hit the side of a barn with a dead cat.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 04:01 pm
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead wrote:

pointing it out is only fun for so long

Kenny reminds me of the man who went to the doctor because he was feeling ill, and the doctor said: You are sick, and you only have 6 months to live, tops...
The patient said: Doctor; Their must be something I can do!
And the doctor said: Well, you might go to a beauty parlor for a mud bath...
The patient asked: Will that make me well???
The doctor said: No... But it might help you get used to the idea of having dirt thrown in your face...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 04:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

The perceptions about morals and how individuals live their lives are as varied and complex in all cultures. Trying to identify anything that resembles "morals" by group is a losing proposition; it can't be found.

Much to the contrary; community is morality... They only differ in detail, and resemble each other in gross... What is difficult, is that all moral forms like freedom, justice, love, or virtue are infinites and so, impossible to define... We all have a sense of them because they answer a common need, but what they are exactly we cannot say... Yet, no immoral community can long survive since morality is also health and well being...Immorality is individualism, and that is the destruction of communities...
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 04:14 pm
@Fido,
Okay, Fido, provide us with some examples of "group morals" that applies 100%. I'm saying there are always exceptions that takes away from the definition.

BTW, have you been keeping up with the mosque in NYC controversy? What's the group morals there?
Fido

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 04:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Fido, So out of the 1.7 billion Muslims, how representative is that one incident, and how can you logically apply that one incident to all Muslims? You're trying awfully hard to being stupid.

There was a report recently of an American mother who killed her baby. Absorb that, because it's fact, and expand that to the whole of America.

Can you do that?

I don't have to try...Stupidity is the natural state of humanity...I am not smart, but only less stupid...

What you do not understand is that Islam is a religion of honor...Until a person can be trusted he deserves no part in that community... The point where he is welcomed, and where he seek admittance is that point where on his honor he swears that there is no God But Allah, the God... And this testimony he gives every time he prays... This religion is not just poor for the want of resources, but because they reject the application of reason to the understanding of their God, which was the death of their philosophy... But Islam is taylored to an older time, one where honor was up front and personal, because people living in poverty, having little and needing all they had could only leave to seek labor or wealth of any kind if they could trust their neighbors with their wives, children, and property... Trust is essential in every society, but where money is dear, honor is cheap... But those people who think honor has no value because it is without a price do not understand their lives, nor their societies...
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 04:18 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:
Quote:
What you do not understand is that Islam is a religion of honor...

Where did you learn this? From FOX News?
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 04:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Okay, Fido, provide us with some examples of "group morals" that applies 100%. I'm saying there are always exceptions that takes away from the definition.

BTW, have you been keeping up with the mosque in NYC controversy? What's the group morals there?

Just one example: The incest taboo, which is universal if we accept the inca kings, some of the egyptian pharoes, and the hebrews, all of whom suffered a great price for the privilege of doing as they desired...
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 04:22 pm
@Fido,
Fido, You must study world history much, much more. Most cultures practiced what you describe as limited to Inca kings and Egyptian pharaohs.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 04:26 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

Just one example: The incest taboo, which is universal if we accept the inca kings, some of the egyptian pharoes, and the hebrews, all of whom suffered a great price for the privilege of doing as they desired...

Um, and the entire noble class of Europe for about a thousand years.

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 05:29 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Also include most of Asia.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 10:50 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Fido wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

Um, and the entire noble class of Europe for about a thousand years.

Cycloptichorn

In breeding is not incest, so to be fair, I should not have included the Jews... It is common enough, inbreeding...Here in Michigan the state broke up a lot of marriages between cousins designed to keep large farms and estates intact, and in the same family... In some of the smaller burgs it is a problem... One priest in a nearby village got up and told his flack that they had to start marrying outside of the community because a few generations back they are all related... The terrible thing about Muslim society is just that, that because the wealthy alone were allowed wives, and wives in quantity, so their genes are concentrated instead of diverse...
0 Replies